Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,876 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Should NYSC Not Be Scrapped? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should NYSC Not Be Scrapped? (361 Views)

NYSC Not A Waste Of Time, Says DG / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading / Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should NYSC Not Be Scrapped? by budaatum: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
I think it should be scrapped. Or the pay at least 4 increases.

Decree No. 51 is 30 today. Still fit for purpose or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should NYSC Not Be Scrapped? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
The scheme needs to be readjusted,to serve corpers better.
Northern graduates should serve in their North, and Southern ones,in the South.
I say this because most Northern youths are too attached to their region, and never like being in any Christian dominated area for long.They prefer to serve in their territory,even if the Southern state is not too distant.They always like to apply for relocation,based mainly on religious and linguistic sentiments.
In my Service which ends this month on 22,I have encountered fellow corpers who relocated from the South,due to unnecessary sentiments.One is a Nupe guy.
Southern ones remain here, because they don't need to be sent to places where almost the entire town can't speak or understand English.
Just like Agaie, the bush town,where am serving in Niger state, and already rounding up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should NYSC Not Be Scrapped? by HappyPagan: 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
In my dreams, the NYSC is a splendid program.. You arrive at a well-located structure, the rooms are 5-star service. Everyone and everywhere is near and organised. You feel in 3 weeks some good love from the government.. you have spent the last few years studying, you deserve some pampering.

The buildings look nationalistic, the light green colours match the trendy patterns woven in the grass infront of it... The walls are adorned with pictures of our cities, ancient to modern, past graduates and their contributions, messages that speak and showcase all Naija cultures.

..m

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

FG To Assist Sierra Leone To Develop NYSC / Deployment For Batch A 2017 Corps Members / ICT Training, Project Documentation And HSE -Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.