Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,129 members, 7,811,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo (26310 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by chisomkachy: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
You contested against 40 other princes of Iwo but you emerged winner. Did Ifa pick you at that time?

Tell me one king that Ifa picked in Yoruba land. The person who is picked by the governor is the one God has ordained to be the king. There is no Oba in Yoruba land that will say Ifa picked him. It is after the governor picked you that you now become a king. Ifa doesn’t have any power over the governor. May be you watch too much Nollywood movies. Even during our forefathers, they would make the most powerful person at that time king. At that time, I didn’t even know the governor because I had just returned from Canada but I told other contestants who were far richer and popular then that I was the next king even if you know Barack Obama and the governor, it would not change the fact that I was going to be the next Oluwo.

How did you become the Oba if you didn’t know the governor?
When Olodumare wants to work, you can’t even understand how He would do it. Just for a few months before I became the king, Olodumare just opened a channel. I didn’t even meet the governor until the eve of the day I would be announced as the king. I met him at 1am and that was all! It was the work of Olodumare, the God of the Yorubas, the God of our fathers and you can’t understand it. When God brings a king, He brings him for a purpose.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/ifa-does-not-pick-yoruba-kings-governors-do-oluwo/

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by jamalnation(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
The new ways.
my last FTC was in 2018
celebrate grace

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by eddynaira125: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
Typical Nigerians

When the system favour you, it's call Eledumare

When the system is against you, we called it Nepotism, corruption, and Back door

156 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by TsbAfrica: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
This funky oba... Now I see why he carries himself in that manner. He has been injected with westernization fully.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by TriCee: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
Bitter truth. Nigeria monarch system has been highly politicized.

I grew up respecting Kano emirate as a highly revered entity. But it took just a Ganduje(Governor) to bastardize that. Even the Emir was dethroned.

Well, they have outlived their usefulness. Even village matters are now settled in police stations, instead of palaces.

173 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Elvis2kay: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by TheFreshVanilla: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
I'm disappointed. So most of our traditional beliefs are scam. Only created to control gullible masses.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by phayvoursky(m): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
Imagine governors picking kings😀

Edo tradition laughing at these guys😃😃😃

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by luxastoria: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
Oba of Benin's kingship is kingship indeed.
Oba Gható Kpęre!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by naijastusa: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
ok
Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Creamypie(m): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
Truth as spoken from yahoo chief

12 Likes

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by BabaIbo: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
LoL, no be lie.

Their thrones are for sale to the highest bidders.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by phemmyfour: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
Fact

They ve relegated ifa to the background

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by slawomir: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Damnnn niggar
That is why the Benin kingdom remain the best

Come to Benin city and see real monarchy

That is why the oba of Benin is the most feared and respected oba in the whole of West Africa

82 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by horgarzer(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Good one
Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by opera1(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Not governor but money and politics does

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Randal: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Okay
Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Kay25(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Talks too much.just stick to ur fashion and faaji

3 Likes

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Mrniceguy007: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
What’s the essence of this post!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by id4sho(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
There is no monarch that cannot be crowned/deposed by the state government. Chieftaincy is strictly state government affairs.

Benin people, food don don. Oya come and eat yen yen yen yen

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by T2Justman(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
E
Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by olarent: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Before now,ifa does but now governor and president in action.
Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by FatimaAbubakar(f): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
The Yoruba culture is gradually entering a condition of anywhere-belle-face.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Senator777: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
That's the reason why the Obas picked by the politicians are misbehaving and don't know what it takes to be Oba.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Odward(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Normal
Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by BabaCommander: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Maybe Governor is the new name of Ifa grin grin cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by vicfajeze: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Oba awon Ebira

1 Like

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by nihinlade(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Okay
Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by kekakuz(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
This cow keeps disrespecting his root for the sake of islam.

11 Likes

Re: Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo by Karemarealty288(m): 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Factos....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ikeja Installs New Monarch, Begins Traditional Rites For 9-Year Empty Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi At Bukky Wright Movie “Iwure Olofin” Premiere In Lagos / Ìkíní - Greetings In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.