Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Sanctification - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sanctification (101 Views)

Today With JESUS Devotional On Holiness & Sanctification By Nkem Ndubuisi / Evidence Of Sanctification / Sanctification And Consecration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sanctification by Mosco100(m): 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
SANCTIFICATION

“ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”(John 17:17)

JESUS CHRIST is our Sanctifier. As recorded in John 17: 17, He prayed the Father to sanctify all who have believed in Him. Such have repented from all their sins, and have turned to the Saviour, Jesus Christ. They've had the faith for salvation but now they need a deeper knowledge of God.

Jesus is the same Truth and Word of God. “ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”(John 1:1,14). “ Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”(John 14:6)

Yes, when you repent from your sin and turn to the Saviour, accepting Him into your heart to become your personal Lord and Saviour, you become Born Again and your name is wrote into the Book of Life, but for your name to remain in the Book of Life so you don't spend the rest of Eternity in the Lake of Fire, you have to live a consistent Christian life. For you to be naturally Christ-like in attitude and lifestyle, you need to have Christ's type of heart. “ A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.”(Proverbs 14:30)

A Christian heart doesn't envy or hate. Such things are characteristics of the heart of the fallen man. If you see such things in your life, then you're not yet sanctified. And if you're not yet sanctified, there's a propensity of you backsliding, losing your salvation, and ending up in Hellfire. The sanctified heart doesn't desire sin, rather sin is absolutely abhorrent.

Imagine a car with engine faults, which despite repairs, has mobile difficulty. Then, rather than further futile attempts for repairs, a new engine is gotten for the car. That's what happens at Sanctification. The former heart you had as a sinner is taken away by the Lord and replaced by His own type of heart. God promised: “ A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.”(Ezekiel 36:26).

“ And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.”(1 Thessalonians 5: 23,24)
In Jesus' Name. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Measure That Problem With The Size Of God Then You Will See How Small It Is And / Entering God's Presence I / Turning The Impossible Into Possible With Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.