Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,920 members, 7,844,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

We All Make This Mistake - Destructive Comparison! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We All Make This Mistake - Destructive Comparison! (147 Views)

Dear Men, Avoid This Mistake Funke Akindele's Husband Made. / They Cut Off His Head Because Of This Mistake / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We All Make This Mistake - Destructive Comparison! by Fefa: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hello amiable viewers,

Do ensure that you read till the very end of this post, please.

Being a TEACHER and a mother, I have always been a stunch advocate for the fact that, " every child is special, unique and has great ( unknown ) strengths inspite of any weakness or weaknesses that such a child displays!

Seeing the post below really made me elated, as a result, I am reposting right here because I would like to hear your honest views on the topic above - Destructive criticism!

We all are guilty of this crime - " destructive comparison " !

It is a crime that is NOT peculiar to a tribe or colour.

We all have sometime; whether consciously or not fallen victim of commiting the crime -
We do so in our words and sometimes in our thoughts!

" How I wish my daughter or son was this smart"
" How I wish he / she could write and speak so well ".

The list goes on and on.

In all of this, that child still possesses some form of PECULIARITIES and UNIQUENESS.
Such that we may or NOT have discovered because we aren't focusing on the STRENGTHS but rather dwelling on the weaknesses.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dr-laura-narry-4b5503226_repost-inspiration-standoutfromthecrowd-activity-7055537007627755520-nLgX

Please click the link above ☝️.

The story in the above link will further convince you that you, infact have a gold- mine of opportunities yet UNTAPPED in that very SPECIAL CHILD OF YOURS!

The floor is open to every parent (s), adult teens, and especially; teachers to share their experiences on how they, encouraged, stood by, adviced, watched and helped someone overcame in spite of all the ODDS AGAINST SUCH AN INDIVIDUAL'S PECULIARITIES!

(1) (Reply)

Who Dey? / The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder / Secure A Profitable Investment For Your Family In Ibadan, Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.