Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) (1176 Views)

Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar / 12 People, Including Women And Children Dead, As Canoe Capsized / Passengers Rescued After Their Boat Capsized In Bonny, Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Bvlgari: 4:58am On Jun 25, 2023
Cruiseboat carrying final year medical students capsized at Marina Resort in Calabar.

They were rescued by the swift response of the Nigerian Navy. An unconfirmed number of 3 persons still remain missing shocked

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct5jZeIO7NO/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo2HykrFUqU

2 Shares

Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Creamypie(m): 5:05am On Jun 25, 2023
If u no sabi swim, no enter water or any boat or ship or any stuff that moves on water. I pray those missing are found alive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 25, 2023
damn it
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Muh247: 5:22am On Jun 25, 2023
Life jacket,
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Cassandraloius: 5:27am On Jun 25, 2023
Water is not your friend, honestly if you don't know how to swim, you have no business with it. Final year for that matter . cry
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Wawelexy(m): 5:42am On Jun 25, 2023
No life jacket? I pray those missing are found save oo ...
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Rikze: 5:46am On Jun 25, 2023
shocked

While watching the video I was so distressed until I saw the rescue team. That was a relief!

Whenever I travel through the waters I never miss wearing my life jacket. Sometimes some passengers and even the boat driver/captain would make jest of me, but I no send them oo even though I'm a good swimmer.

I have my life jackets in my car 24/7 and has never travelled on water without wearing one no matter the pressure. Life is a gift.

We should all learn not to take certain things for granted while "shouting it is not my portion. "

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Ihateheadslamer: 6:00am On Jun 25, 2023
I heard someone shouting wahala wahala the new slance can't even safe someone in trouble angry

1 Like

Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Dpen11(f): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2023
And someone was busy taking videos of them.

Poor country
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 25, 2023
This weather and season is not a season to be doing boat cruising up and down, and to make the matter worse probably it may be with a fake or no life jackets. Hear someone saying that they were too much. Scholars without deep thinkers. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 25, 2023
Dpen11:
And someone was busy taking videos if them.

Poor country
I don't think the lady recording could do anything my dear. It's a very difficult situation. May be doing that for evidence. The best thing they could do is to call the naval personnel which they did, and were lucky that they were able to rescue many of them, if not, it would be all of them, gone. All those rivers are not the best place to visit in this season cos of rise water levels. Even the best diver or swimmers among them know.

1 Like

Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Dpen11(f): 6:47am On Jun 25, 2023
priceactionx:

I don't think the lady recording could do anything my dear. It's a very difficult situation. May be doing that for evidence. The best thing they could do is to call the naval personnel which they did, and were lucky that they were able to rescue many of them, if not, it would be all of them, gone. All those rivers are not the best place to visit in this season cos of rise water levels. Even the best diver or swimmers among them know.

πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Careente7(m): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2023
Rikze:
shocked

While watching the video I was so distressed until I saw the rescue team. That was a relief!

Whenever I travel through the waters here I never miss wearing my life jacket. Sometimes some passengers and even the boat driver/captain would make jest of me, but I no send them oo even though I'm a good swimmer.

I have my life jackets in my car 24/7 and has never travelled on water without wearing one no matter the pressure. Life is a gift.

We should all learn not to take certain things for granted while "shouting it is not my portion. "
Was also so distressed but the moment I saw the rescue I cracked a smile and laughed out loud.They will be scared to death and never play with water again.
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Rikze: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2023
Careente7:
Was also so distressed but the moment I saw the rescue I cracked a smile and laughed out loud. They will be scared to death and never play with water again.

Honestly. 'Water no get enemy' but e dey kill on a steady pass who get enemy.

You don't just joke around it carelessly.
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Senioradvocate(m): 7:38am On Jun 25, 2023
cry
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:47am On Jun 25, 2023
Jesus lipsrsealed Was at that place last December, went on a cruise too. Probably same boat o
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by BigDawsNet: 8:56am On Jun 25, 2023
See country... no single provision for life jackets
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by immortalmortal: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2023
Dpen11:
And someone was busy taking videos of them.

Poor country

What was she supposed to do? Especially if she can't swim? Dive in and die with them?
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Bluntguy: 9:35am On Jun 25, 2023
Thank God for the Nigerian Navy
May the missing be found alive.
Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by Careente7(m): 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
Rikze:

Honestly. 'Water no get enemy' but e dey kill on a steady pass who get enemy.

You don't just joke around it carelessly.
you don’t my gee.Water dy kill.

1 Like

Re: Cruiseboat Carrying Final Year Medical Students Capsized In Calabar (Pix/Video) by IntelligentGoat: 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
sad
shocked
Maybe they where dancing too much on the cruise boat and it colluded with wave

May the lost be found. Shit happens

(1) (Reply)

Are You In Nigeria? / Tips On Getting To Manchester / Advice On Germany Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.