Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

The Sound Of War - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Sound Of War (1650 Views)

SOUND OF WORDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sound Of War by Emmyk(m): 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2011
It is the day the soldiers have all waited for. It is the day to gain freedom from captivity.
Women clinged to their husbands as if not to let go.
The whole neigbourhood silent is silent like a grave yard, except perhaps, the only sound we could hear was our own hearbeats.
The skies full of birds tweeting out loud, ''We Are In this together''.
Soldiers looking at each other as if to say who will return from war and who will die.
To this end, there no turning back, as fellow patriotic Soldiers clamour, ''NO VICTORY NO VANQUISH!! TO LIVE IS TO DIE''!
Helicopters all in the air conspicuosly with there whop-whop-whop sound.
With mighty trumpets blaring to commence the War, I frightfully woke only to realise all was a dream.
Re: The Sound Of War by Emmyk(m): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
Please I've never written anything call poetry before. It's the first I'll be writting,
Re: The Sound Of War by BiafranFirstSon(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2011
U wiil make a great poet. Consistency is what u need. Soon,i will post my for you to read. I see greatness in ur work.
Re: The Sound Of War by Emmyk(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
Thanks. I.m waiting for yours
Re: The Sound Of War by Sleek2(f): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2012
i rili love dis itts nyc
Re: The Sound Of War by Emmyk(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2013
Sleek2: i rili love dis itts nyc
Thanks. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Virtuous Woman / Awake O Ye Fellow Negroes(an Anti-racism Poem) / Yoruba Synonyms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.