Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper (684 Views)

Strange Sand In My Kitchen / Help! Why Does My Husband Feel More Like A Roommate Than A Husband? / Spiritualist_hidden Knowledge About Ose Oji_alligator Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Good evening Nairalanders.

@MariahAngel
@Gloryhomemaker
@Ahnie
@NairalandCooks.

This Is supposed to be in Cook Section but i don't have the Permission to post there yet.

Please I need experience Cooks to help me look Into this Issue of Red Grinded Pepper I usually buy at the Market. I usually buy the Derica for #1,500.

It's sometimes filled with Sands. Whenever I prepare It, My Mouth Is always filled with Sands. I got annoyed to the extent that I decided to taste the Raw Pepper and I had the same experience.

I have decided to be tasting and chew the Pepper first In order to make sure I don't feel any sign of Sands in my mouth whenever I visit Market next time before i patronize anyone i'm buying it from.

Please I need experience Cooks put light to this Issue and share their experience. Thanks.

Picture Attached Below.

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by JASONjnr(m): 11:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
When you 0urchase cheap things.... What do you expect?
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
JASONjnr:
When you 0urchase cheap things.... What do you expect?

This is not a matter of Cheap thing comrade.

1,500 is not cheap in this economy.
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
People would do anything for profit!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Bahamas95(m): 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nigerians are the most wicked people on earth so I am always careful whenever I wanna buy food. I don't buy anything ground like pepper, melon etc. I don't mind the stress, I prefer doing the grinding myself instead of buying poison with my money.

OP next time buy the pepper and grind it yourself with your blender. Don't be lazy, just dedicate one day to do that. You must not grind everything at once, be doing it gradually whenever you're less busy and before you know it your container is full..... That's what I do.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by dawnomike(m): 12:20am On Jun 26, 2023
Turkeesoh:

@MariahAngel
@Gloryhomemaker
@Ahnie
@NairalandCooks.

This Is supposed to be in Cook Section but i don't have the Permission to post there yet.

Please I need experience Cooks to help me look Into this Issue of Red Grinded Pepper I usually buy at the Market. I usually buy the Derica for #1,500.

It's sometimes filled with Sands. Whenever I prepare It, My Mouth Is always filled with Sands. I got annoyed to the extent that I decided to taste the Raw Pepper and I had the same experience.

I have decided to be tasting the content of the Pepper whenever I visit Market next time before i patronize anyone i'm buying it from.

Please I need experience Cooks put light to this Issue and share their experience. Thanks.

Picture Attached Below.
Buy the dried pepper šŸŒ¶ļø pepper from the market and grind it by yourself after cleaning

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 26, 2023
Bahamas95:
Nigerians are the most wicked people on earth so I am always careful whenever I wanna buy food. I don't buy anything ground like pepper, melon etc. I don't mind the stress, I prefer doing the grinding myself instead of buying poison with my money.

OP next time buy the pepper and grind it yourself with your blender. Don't be lazy, just dedicate one day to do that. You must not grind everything at once, be doing it gradually whenever you're less busy and before you know it your container is full..... That's what I do.

Thank you very much for your kind advise and for sharing your experience.
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
People would do anything for profit!

Infact I'm just weak.

I'm having the Feelings of either they deliberately mixed It with Sharp Sand and grind to maximize the Content or Perhaps the Production Grinding was done on the Mere Floor.

It's either be tween the two above.

Most Nigerians are very Poor when it comes to Hygiene. They are too ignorant and just want their profit anyhow.

They don't care about Consumer Protection.
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:22am On Jun 26, 2023
Turkeesoh:

Infact I'm just weak.

I'm having the Feelings of either they deliberately mixed It with Sharp Sand and grind to maximize the Content or Perhaps the Production Grinding was done on the Mere Floor.

It's either be tween the two above.

Most Nigerians are very Poor when it comes to Hygiene. They are too ignorant and just want their profit anyhow.

They don't care about Consumers Protection.

Consumer protection? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Thatā€™s fiction!

Even the corked beer you drink, their are fakes. Cheap cements are re-bagged into the expensive ones. Same with rice. The list goes on.

Nigerians donā€™t care, so far they getting the profit.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 26, 2023
dawnomike:
Buy the dried pepper šŸŒ¶ļø pepper from the market and grind it by yourself after cleaning

Thank you I have appreciate your advice.
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Even the corked beer you drink, there is fake. Cheap cements are the-bagged into the expensive ones. Same with rice. The list goes on.

Hmmm deep.
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Bahamas95(m): 4:24am On Jun 26, 2023
Turkeesoh:

Thank you very much for your kind advise and for sharing your experience.
You welcome. šŸ‘
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2023
Turkeesoh:

@MariahAngel
@Gloryhomemaker
@Ahnie
@NairalandCooks.

I have decided to be tasting and chew the Pepper first In order to make sure I don't feel any sign of Sands in my mouth whenever I visit Market next time before i patronize anyone i'm buying it from.

Picture Attached Below.

The sand comes in when the pepper is sun dried. It's usually not hygienically sun dried, and it's not only sand that comes into it. Every other debris is ground together with the pepper. The sellers don't care.

The best is to buy the dried pepper and grind yourself.
I have had this experience before, once I added the pepper and wanted to turn the food, I could hear the sand underneath. Terrible feeling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 26, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

The sand comes in when the pepper is sun dried. It's usually not hygienically sun dried, and it's not only sand that comes into it. Every other debris is ground together with the pepper. The sellers don't care.

I have had this experience before, once I added the pepper and wanted to turn the food, I could hear the sand underneath. Terrible feeling.

Thank you My Lady.

I appreciate your contribution and advice so much.
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Gloriagee(f): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2023
Buy the unblended one and blend yourself. I do that for crayfish, ogbono and egusi too

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by ahnie: 11:51am On Jun 26, 2023
Nne some deliberately add sand and sawdust
to it,to increase the quantity.shiit dey happen all for the gains.
gloryhomemaker:

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by Olumighty123(m): 11:54am On Jun 26, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Even the corked beer you drink, their are fakes. Cheap cements are re-bagged into the expensive ones. Same with rice. The list goes on.

About the cements. I bought few bags sometimes ago. Kept it on a pallet wood. Covered with trampoline. Getting back to where it was kept about 3 months later and the cements had turned rock stoned. I didn't even know what to do or say. It's a messed up country.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Olumighty123:

About the cements. I bought few bags sometimes ago. Kept it on a pallet wood. Covered with trampoline. Getting back to where it was kept about 3 months later and the cements had turned rock stoned. I didn't even know what to do or say. It's a messed up country.

Can imagine.

Thatā€™s just the way it is.
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by mariahAngel(f): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
gloryhomemaker:

Op, nne has said it all.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by okirewaju(f): 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2023
Since you are buying in bulk, it's best you buy the dry one and grind it in the market with those people that grind.

Last time I bought, I bought Karen(Pepper type) #800 for Quaker oat tin well measured to the tippy top, I bought 2 tins then grinded it #200 in the mill which will serve me for a very long time as I'm not even a fan of dry pepper. I prefer it fresh-fresh.

I even heard some market women they grind kola with the pepper to increase the volume and some even add colouring lipsrsealed
Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by ghettochild(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
The sand is from dust that wind blows occasionally as they do not cover the basin the display it in..
It's high we focused on better food processing and packaging..
My brother u fit enter the business and package 1kg grounded pepper...500mg and so on n resell..
Nigerians will definitely buy..
And here's another option..
Change where u buy pepper..
Or buy fresh pepper..
Sun dry it... but I'd suggest over dying or cooking it like when they are preparing garri...
Keep it at home..
Anytime u need it...take ur blender n blend it.
That way...no sand ooo

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2023
ahnie:
Nne some deliberately add sand and sawdust
to it,to increase the quantity.shiit dey happen all for the gains.

Na wah, all for the purpose of making extra gain.
Adding and selling poison for others.
May God forgive them.
We need effective food monitoring agency in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The ā€˜multimillion Nairaā€™ Bride Price List He Received From His Fiancee Famil / Oh Death Why Now? / National Pride And Identity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.