Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child (1986 Views)

20 Surprising Differences Between The UK And The USA / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Juniorroged(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
I need a candid advice on this please.

I and my partner came into the Uk in 2022, now i am pregnant. my visa expires in January 2024. we have been trying to get sponsorship jobs but not forth coming. I am due Oct 2023 ending. What visa or registration can i do for my child to cover my partner and i?
Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
Go to Mexico and give birth. You don't need a visa to mexico with a valid UK visa and you can get PR immediately your wife born and your child a citizenship. A year on PR and you can be a Mexican citizen. With a Mexican passport you can work in the US on a TN visa or go to Canada without a visa and find your way. Don't give birth in the uk. Your child won't be eligible for ciitzenship.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Immatex(m): 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
Question for you: were you likely married to this your 'partner' in Nigeria before relocating?

Because here where marriage is a casual affair, people of the mid-age and younger generation use the term Partner instead of spouse, husband or wife.

If you are a legally married Nigerian couple but chose to use the term 'Partner' for you spouse, I find that particularly offensive and disrespectful.

4 Likes

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Juniorroged(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
@immatex, i and my partner were legally married before leaving. Here is the UK, you commonly hear people call their spouse "Partner". even before we were married, we addressed ourselves as partner.

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Immatex(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
Juniorroged:
@immatex, i and my partner were legally married before leaving. Here is the UK, you commonly hear people call their spouse "Partner". even before we were married, we addressed ourselves as partner.

That's simply my point, you no learn how to read UKVI site and get answers to your important question but na to copy the no good slangs of the folks here you quickly learn.

I find it particularly irritating when we try to copy Brits and their selfish way of life. 80% of marriages here end in a divorce and all 100% of divorced couple address their spouses as 'Partner'.

All the best finding answers to your important question.

I just feel like looking for trouble sha.

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Juniorroged(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
@Immatex Just as i mentioned, i and my partner has been calling ourselves partner even before we got here. my partner has no problem with it. if i had gotten the information on gov.uk, citizen advice nor acas i wont be here.

Its really not fun joking when people have serious issues to attend to.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Immatex(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Juniorroged:
@Immatex Just as i mentioned, i and my partner has been calling ourselves partner even before we got here. my partner has no problem with it. if i had gotten the information on gov.uk, citizen advice nor acas i wont be here.

Direct your query to this link below and be sure to get reliable guidance:
https://www.nairaland.com/7695199/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-3/72#124035166

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Zupay: 3:09am On Jun 27, 2023
Juniorroged:

Going forward, use the term wife here on Nairaland so that readers would really understand your issues.

Is it sponsorship under healthcare that you are seeking?

What did you both study in school?
Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Raalsalghul: 4:47am On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Go to Mexico and give birth. You don't need a visa to mexico with a valid UK visa and you can get PR immediately your wife born and your child a citizenship. A year on PR and you can be a Mexican citizen. With a Mexican passport you can work in the US on a TN visa or go to Canada without a visa and find your way. Don't give birth in the uk. Your child won't be eligible for ciitzenship.

Or they can apply for U.S.A visit visa direct, go there and have the child?

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Maria96: 4:50am On Jun 27, 2023
Juniorroged:
I need a candid advice on this please.

I and my partner came into the Uk in 2022, now i am pregnant. my visa expires in January 2024. we have been trying to get sponsorship jobs but not forth coming. I am due Oct 2023 ending. What visa or registration can i do for my child to cover my partner and i?
are you in Uk on student visa or visiting visa . The child being born in uk confers him or her no citizenship. No two ways about it
Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Gerrard59(m): 6:22am On Jun 27, 2023
Raalsalghul:

It takes longer for the parents to become citizens. Mexico is faster, and TN visa side-steps the problem of being sponsored. The second or third child can be birthed in the US. The parents need to access the US labour market to earn good money and bequeath the child with a strong passport. Mexico does it beautifully. Honestly, that was a brilliant idea from our resident Minister for Immigration Affairs, Tensazangetsu20:

8 Likes

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by hammed71(m): 6:39am On Jun 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

It takes longer for the parents to become citizens. Mexico is faster, and TN visa side-steps the problem of being sponsored. The second or third child can be birthed in the US. The parents need to access the US labour market to earn good money and bequeath the child with a strong passport. Mexico does it beautifully. Honestly, that was a brilliant idea from our resident Minister for Immigration Affairs, Tensazangetsu20:
surprisingly the Mexican passport is a strong one visa free to 160 countries

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:42am On Jun 27, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Giving birth in the US doesn't guarantee the parents stay. They will have to come back to Nigeria. The child can only file for them when the child is 21 and above and that would take years so they would probably be in their 50s or more to be able to enter the US legally

2 Likes

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Raalsalghul: 6:55am On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Giving birth in the US doesn't guarantee the parents stay. They will have to come back to Nigeria. The child can only file for them when the child is 21 and above and that would take years so they would probably be in their 50s or more to be able to enter the US legally

Oh I see.
Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Gerrard59(m): 6:58am On Jun 27, 2023
hammed71:
surprisingly the Mexican passport is a strong one visa free to 160 countries

From my research so far, visa-free travel is not really a major benefit compared to working rights. A German passport allows one access to the Swiss labour market. A Mexcian, Singaporean, Australian and Chilean passport affords one access to the US labour market without the hassle. International students in the US have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the H1B visa. A major reason firms don't like employing foreigners as the process of employing them takes so much time. The same applies to Canada, where there is LMIA rule for candidates outside the country. However, Chileans and Peruvians can access the job market without being subjected to the same requirement. An American can access the job market too, but largely useless as the US economy produces too many jobs.

So, in that case, Peruvian and Chilean passports are stronger than British. Visa free is highly beneficial if one has many business interests across the major economic hubs. But for a skilled worker, getting a Peruvian passport over a British one is better. You can easily naturalise in Spain and access the EU job market with the Peruvian passport. In fact, Venezuela as economically terrible as it is, an intelligent citizen can move to Spain, spend two years and become a citizen. Then move to Switzerland to find work, which is way easier than a non-EU/EEA citizen who needs to hope that there are companies willing to transfer him/her amidst 4,500 work visas per year or international students who have only six months to look for work after graduating from Swiss universities.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

From my research so far, visa-free travel is not really a major benefit compared to working rights. A German passport allows one access to the Swiss labour market. A Mexcian, Singaporean, Australian and Chilean passport affords one access to the US labour market without the hassle. International students in the US have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the H1B visa. A major reason firms don't like employing foreigners as the process of employing them takes so much time. The same applies to Canada, where there is LMIA rule for candidates outside the country. However, Chileans and Peruvians can access the job market without being subjected to the same requirement. An American can access the job market too, but largely useless as the US economy produces too many jobs.

So, in that case, Peruvian and Chilean passports are stronger than British. Visa free is highly beneficial if one has many business interests across the major economic hubs. But for a skilled worker, getting a Peruvian passport over a British one is better. You can easily naturalise in Spain and access the EU job market with the Peruvian passport. In fact, Venezuela as economically terrible as it is, an intelligent citizen can move to Spain, spend two years and become a citizen. Then move to Switzerland to find work, which is way easier than a non-EU/EEA citizen who needs to hope that there are companies willing to transfer him/her amidst 4,500 work visas per year or international students who have only six months to look for work after graduating from Swiss universities.

H1b is one in ten not one in 3. If it was one in 3, I would have gone to school in the US. Colombians and south Koreans can also access the Canadian job market without needing an LMIA too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Gerrard59(m): 7:04am On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

H1b is one in ten not one in 3. If it was one in 3, I would have gone to school in the US

Tumbo-tumbo dey learn work. Yet people dey rush to enter the US shocked And it is not how brilliant they are o. After all, we have seen folks from MIT gnashing their teeth and this Chat guy having to return to Trinidad and Tobago even after begging for job sponsorship on Twitter: https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how

For those who might not know, the Chat guy studied at Caltech, Yale and Harvard. An International Olympiad. If he was a Mexican, getting sponsorship wouldn't be hard. cry
Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

Tumbo-tumbo dey learn work. Yet people dey rush to enter the US shocked And it is not how brilliant they are o. After all, we have seen folks from MIT gnashing their teeth and this Chat guy having to return to Trinidad and Tobago even after begging for job sponsorship on Twitter: https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how

For those who might not know, the Chat guy studied at Caltech, Yale and Harvard. An International Olympiad. If he was a Mexican, getting sponsorship wouldn't be hard. cry

Go the h1b section on Reddit you will shed tears. If you are going to school in the US make sure you get married, don't wait on H1B nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by lastkingsman: 7:52am On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Go the h1b section on Reddit you will shed tears. If you are going to school in the US make sure you get married, don't wait on H1B nonsense.

Kwakwakwa. Tensa with reality. E be like say as you dey land, begin they find wife. Lol grin

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:53am On Jun 27, 2023
lastkingsman:

Kwakwakwa. Tensa with reality. E be like say as you dey land, begin they find wife. Lol grin

I don't need it. I can get PR after my studies in the country I am studying in. I don't need to be married to get PR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by lastkingsman: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

The guy too much grin

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by hammed71(m): 9:32am On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

it's even worse for indians their wait for green card na die, by the way are you studying in Canada.
The Mexican passport is still a good one to me sha, at least it's better than a Nigerian passport lol

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2023
hammed71:
it's even worse for indians their wait for green card na die, by the way are you studying in Canada.
The Mexican passport is still a good one to me sha, at least it's better than a Nigerian passport lol

Na not Canada, I am going to study in Chile. Canada is actually the best place to study as an international student but the visa rejection rates for Africans is very high. Two people very close to me have paid full tuition fees but couldn't get the Canadian study permit. It's not guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by beautyuche: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2023
Thank you for your input. Your post will get me doing further research.

I had my first child in the USA and of course we got the passport for the child alone. When it was time for baby number 2 I went to Mexico. This time the baby got a Mexican passport and I got a PR. This cover for future children and even my husband.
However, getting the Mexican passport is not so easy as there is a backlog of applicants and you will have to remain in the country for minimum 18 months. This process takes more than 3 years to achieve. ( I returned after the birth of the baby had to resume work)

My goal is still the American Market but I will like to do it in the most legal way possible.

To the originator of this post your best bet is to utilize that Uk BRP you have and get into Mexico for the birth of your baby. Even if your visa expires in Mexico, The fact you have a Mexican baby you are a legal resident and can not be kicked out. (you will be leaving the country with a PR any way).
Another option is to try the USA visa and when you get in you can get admission and then change you visa status( I read there is a new law that enable you fast track this process) Study any thing in STEM and a green card await you in the end.
Remember though you must pay all your bills in FULL.

In all intensify your search for a Tier 2 visa.This is still your Cheapest Option.

Stay blessed and Good luck with your search.

Gerrard59:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2023
beautyuche:
Thank you for your input. Your post will get me doing further research.

I had my first child in the USA and of course we got the passport for the child alone. When it was time for baby number 2 I went to Mexico. This time the baby got a Mexican passport and I got a PR. This cover for future children and even my husband.
However, getting the Mexican passport is not so easy as there is a backlog of applicants and you will have to remain in the country for minimum 18 months. This process takes more than 3 years to achieve. ( I returned after the birth of the baby had to resume work)

My goal is still the American Market but I will like to do it in the most legal way possible.

To the originator of this post your best bet is to utilize that Uk BRP you have and get into Mexico for the birth of your baby. Even if your visa expires in Mexico, The fact you have a Mexican baby you are a legal resident and can not be kicked out. (you will be leaving the country with a PR any way).
Another option is to try the USA visa and when you get in you can get admission and then change you visa status( I read there is a new law that enable you fast track this process) Study any thing in STEM and a green card await you in the end.
Remember though you must pay all your bills in FULL.

In all intensify your search for a Tier 2 visa.This is still your Cheapest Option.

Stay blessed and Good luck with your search.

A green card under what scheme. Studying in the US doesn't entitle you to a green card. A thailandese girl I read about started her secondary school there and finished university there and couldn't get H1B and she got kicked out immediately. I probably don't know everything but I will like to know about that scheme that will give one a green card after stem studies.

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by Gerrard59(m): 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

A green card under what scheme. Studying in the US doesn't entitle you to a green card. A thailandese girl I read about started her secondary school there and finished university there and couldn't get H1B and she got kicked out immediately. I probably don't know everything but I will like to know about that scheme that will give one a green card after stem studies.

No such scheme exists. It will make the news and require a change from Congress. Certainly not at a time when many Americans lost their jobs.

cc: beautyuche

1 Like

Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by sosowater: 10:39am On Jun 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Estoy aprendiendo desde agosto pasado ano grin grin grin

Happy to know that you succeeded. You've put in a lot of efforts starting from your early programming days.

No be today.

Congratulations.

I have few questions bro.

1. Did they give you admission knowing that you can't speak or write Spanish?

2. Is there anything like a language course option that would allow an english speaking student (already given admission) to learn Spanish while studying or before fully commencing his studies?
Re: I Am An International Student In UK And Expecting A Child by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2023
sosowater:

Happy to know that you succeeded. You've put in a lot of efforts starting from your early programming days.

No be today.

Congratulations.

I have few questions bro.

1. Did they give you admission knowing that you can't speak or write Spanish?

2. Is there anything like a language course option that would allow an english speaking student (already given admission) to learn Spanish while studying or before fully commencing his studies?

I was asked for Spanish proficiency o. Infact my admission interview was in Spanish. The schools reply your emails in Spanish and everything. I asked about a language course but the school said they don't do that. I think it's better to learn the Spanish in your home country before you go cause even the american exchange students i spoke with all learnt Spanish in America before they went to Chile for their exchange year.

I have actually been planning to move to either Chile or Brazil since 2020 but I didn't have job yet. So when I got job I started saving and when it was enough I started reaching out to schools. Once I knew about the language barrier and that it will be needed I started to learn the language and wait for the next admission session

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take For Visa Of A Non Eu Spouseof An Eu National To Be Process / Pictures Of The Day: / Flying For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.