Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:02 AM

Onijagbo Of Ijagbo, Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi Receives Staff Of Office - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onijagbo Of Ijagbo, Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi Receives Staff Of Office (330 Views)

Alhaji Mamman Isa Okatahi Receives Staff Of Office As Ohi Of Okene / Return Oba Of Lagos’ Staff Of Office Or Face The Consequences, Ruling House / Oba Of Lagos Palace Set On Fire, His Staff Of Office Stolen (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onijagbo Of Ijagbo, Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi Receives Staff Of Office by Usmanissa247(m): 10:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Onijagbo Receives Staff of Office, Promises To Work For Peace, Progress, and Development of Ijagbo Kingdom

β€’Pledges to rule with justice and fairness

The newly appointed Onijagbo of Ijagbo, Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi Buhari Babalola has received a staff of office as the paramount ruler of the Ijagbo Kingdom.

The Staff of Office was officially presented to the Monarch by the Executive Governor of Kwara State, Mallam Abdulrasaq Abdulrahman on Tuesday 27th of June, 2023.

The Governor in his address congratulated Onijagbo and charged him to continue to paddle the affairs of his subject with integrity, fairness, and compassion. The Governor prayed to Allah to grant the new King the grace to fulfill the responsibilities God has given him, adding that kings are made by God, not men.

According to him β€œToday, I join the rest of our state to congratulate the good people of Ijagbo as I present the 2nd class staff of office to the new Onijagbo, His Royal Highness Oba Sharafadeen Adeniyi Buhari,”

"Like your great predecessors, Your Royal Highness has been entrusted with the sacred responsibility to lead your people with integrity, fairness, and compassion. I pray to Allah to grant you the grace to fulfill these responsibilities that He alone has given to you because kings are made by God, not men.

Speaking further, Governor Abdulrasaq said he is confident that the new monarch will join hands with other monarchs and the government to promote development, peace, love, and unity in Kwara State. He enjoined the king to work together with the government to isolate the criminals and fifth columnists who seek to terrorize the citizens and stifle economic growth in Kwara South and Nigeria at large.

The Governor, therefore, tasked the sons and daughters of Ijagbo to support His Royal Highness wholeheartedly.

"I appeal to you to work with him for the progress of Ijagbo and Kwara State. Let us build bridges of understanding and promote harmony among all the diverse groups that call Ijagbo home," he said.

The Onijagbo in his acceptance speech appreciated the Governor for his respect for traditional institutions. He commended Governor Abdulrasaq for the swift approval of the new monarch for the town and his presence for the presentation of Staff of the Office.

Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi, therefore, assured the Governor and the people of Ijagbo to work for the progress of the town and its people.

According to him, "I wish to assure your Excellency and the people of Ijagbo that I shall work for the progress of the town and its people. I will work for unity, peace, and harmony of the entire community and rule with justice and fairness to everyone."

Speaking on peaceful coexistence in Ibolo Communities, the monarch pledged to join traditional institutions in Offa and Oyun Local Governments to work for permanent peace and deepen brotherliness and cooperation among members of the communities.

The Monarch who noted his peace and developmental efforts through meeting with Ibolo Peace Parley and Ibolo Chamber of Commerce Industry Mines and Agriculture (ICCIMA) appreciated the support of Monarchs in Ibolo land.

He, therefore, acknowledged the government's efforts on infrastructural projects in the Ijagbo community and pleaded for the Government's assistance in the completion of other road projects in the community.

While giving a vote of thanks, Prince Lateef Fagbemi SAN said the level of support the Ijagbo community enjoys under Governor AbdulRazaq is unprecedented, especially in the area of execution of several developmental projects.

Fagbemi particularly appreciated the Governor for giving the traditional institution enormous respect, adding that his physical presence at the event is an attestation to his respect for the traditional institution.

Present at the event were the Deputy Governor of Kwara State, Kayode Alabi; Deputy Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Ojo Olayiwola; TIC Chairman for Oyun Local Government, Dr. Abdulwaheed Ibrahim; Permanent Secretary Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Community Development, Mrs. Iyabo Modupe Adekeye; the Olofa of Offa Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi Okikiola Ajagungbade l Esuwoye II; the Olupo of Ajase-Ipo Oba Ismail Yahya Alebiosu; the Onipe of Ipee, Oba Mufutau Lawal, among others.
Re: Onijagbo Of Ijagbo, Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi Receives Staff Of Office by TemplarLandry: 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
grin I thought it was Strafudeen for a minute. That troublesome Nairalander.
Re: Onijagbo Of Ijagbo, Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi Receives Staff Of Office by Strafudeen: 1:19am On Jun 28, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin I thought it was Strafudeen for a minute. That troublesome Nairalander.

But I'm not troublesome nah...am I?
Re: Onijagbo Of Ijagbo, Oba Sarafadeen Adeniyi Receives Staff Of Office by TemplarLandry: 7:18am On Jun 28, 2023
Lol.
Strafudeen:

But I'm not troublesome nah...am I?

(1) (Reply)

What Does Otiton Mean In Yoruba? / MMA 215 Shevchanko Vs Nunes Fight / The Products That Budget Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.