Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,042 members, 7,828,666 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Sharing Our Writing Doesn't Have To Be Scary - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sharing Our Writing Doesn't Have To Be Scary (126 Views)

I Asked An A.I To Tell Me A Scary Story And This Is What I Got / 15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / Earn While Sharing Our Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sharing Our Writing Doesn't Have To Be Scary by TRWConsult(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
I started writing less than 8 months ago and I’m almost certain that it shows.

I see places in my writing where my sentences aren’t as precise as I’d like them to be, where my phrasing makes the entire meaning of a sentence unclear.

I do what I can to fix these issues. I keep ironing out these rudimentary mistakes in editing with the hope that I won’t make them next time.

No matter how hard I try to keep them from popping up, they do. To me, these slight flaws reek of immaturity, of naivete, of even corniness.

For the writer to feel dissatisfied with their own writing is natural. It’s common knowledge that beginning artists can identify great art but have challenges creating it.

But making it in the modern digital writing economy revolves around getting as many views as possible. Getting these views means marketing. And marketing means putting your work everywhere it can fit.

These forces create a predicament for many writers. They have to share their work everywhere, every day to make money, build a following, or even get freelance work.

But what if they don’t believe in what they’re putting out into the world?
Read more...

(1) (Reply)

Analyzing The East St. Louis Race Riot Of 1917: Written By Amechi Okoli / Simple Tips To Help Convert Thoughts In Writing / The Last Episode Of Esupofo Akanbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.