Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,095 members, 7,852,698 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

On The Run - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / On The Run (381 Views)

ON THE RUN IN LAGOS By Lanre Osinubi / On The Run (a Story) By Elishawrites / On The Run (fantasy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Run by Storypot: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2023
"Adulthood na scam you better get am for your mind" i bopped my head to the beat and the line as music that blasted in full force through the piece of plastic speakers with line that sat embbed into my ears this helped me dealt with hunger pangs. but then again, i always wondered why God created hunger in the first place, maybe that was one of the things he should not have included in human anatomy atleast. Ofcourse i enjoyed food, i enjoyed eating, every bit of it. but i hated hunger. But who are we to choose for or advice the almighty God? They said we are only pencils in his hands so i rest my case. "Noboy go dash you free money Adulthood na scam" The song played on without any worries, but i had had enough of it. i unlocked my phone and stopped the play and then i went back to my reality. i looked to my right on the bed and Balo was there too, pale with hunger, he looked so pale, i thought to myself his organs must be eating themselves. last time we ate was Friday and that was about 3 days ago. anyway that afternoon i had hopes, i had billed an aunt i havent billed in a while and she asked me to hold on till the next day. I had sent her so many sharp flash calls to remind her of her promise the night before and would unlock my phone at the sign of any text message notification. nothing came through from my bank yet. four more hours crawled by, i had dozed off in hunger then 'Ding! - Ding!! vroom vroom. my phone shirped and vibrated at the same time like it was very angry. i woke up in a flash checked my phone and lo and behold! Aunty came through! what! ten thousand gini, i couldnt believe my eyes. that money seemed to me like i had hit the jackpot and won a million dollars in the lottery. Balo! Balo!! Balo!!! i called out in excitment, but Balo just lay there still and motionless that you'd think that probably like i said earlier his organs finaly ate themselves out resulting in internal organ faliure and death.. but funny i knew that wasnt the case. i got up and kicked him awake by kicking his foot, He opened his eyes and was about saying all sorts of things in his curse book when i showed him my screen, for like 3 seconds and he finally got the message.

So quickly, i threw on a shirt and we got on the road. we headed to the cash point kiosk in my area, withdrew all the money and then headed back home. on our way back, we discussed how we would buy food stuffs in bits and finaly make a meal that fit the soul that day. Then Balo suggested that we buy our supply of weed too which i agreed to and then we decided to go to the dealer first before we go get food stuffs and go home to settle down, cook smoke eat. Big mistake! we got to the dealers, i paid for a thousand naira worth of Arizona smoke as that should last me and Balo 3 days atleast. we got the parcel and as we were about to leave the dealer's bunk, Balo suggested that we stayed there and smoke one stick each as why the rush. well i gave into it, we found a bench and sat down. we both took rolable quantities, filtered the seeds and rolled it up and soon we were blazing away. what a feeling. ofcourse we were hungry but now that resources were available, then no rush. i took a third puff from the brown rizzla that housed my well structured joint and as soon as i blew the smoke and watched it evaporate into the thin air, i looked around the bunk and realized asides the dealer that sold the weed to us and his assistant who were inside the bunk (because our bench was outside) we were the only customers present. i wasnt bothered, just my observation because normally smokers always occupied here because you can buy and still decide to stay at the bunk and smoke. thats how you know a bunk that settles the local cops to turn a blind eye to their dealings. and in my hood the most secured bunk gets the most patronage and going by my assertion, this bunk was the most secured but then anything could happen even at that.

We were halfway through our smoke session when i looked down the far end of the street and a very tall guy made his way towards the bunk, he was dressed in a Juventus Jersey and a faded Jean and black addidas sneaker. He got closer and closer and when i saw a clearer view of his face, he looked very mean. we made eye contact but i quickly looked away and my insinct would have kicked in at that point but you know, i thought it or He was none of my buisness becuse assorted people visit this bunk so for all i care he could be a customer too. So i dismissed my thoughts and observations about him as he got closer and closer. i smoked away but this guy came directly to where we sat and as soon as he was like a arm stretch away me and Balo we paused i just dont know why we paused or let me say froze, my thoughts were still working though and i was like prob he needed a lighter or just wants me to direct him to the dealer because some people dont know who the dealer is when they come to the bunk and they'd just walk up to a random person who then gives them the hint. Omo out of the blue, the guy grabbed me and Balo and before i knew it, there were several others. The feds!!! POPO!! i could hear the Dealer's boy shouting on top of his voice now. the dude that grabbed me and Balo passed Balo off to a fellow cop and bathed me with several degrees of slaps and kicked me to the ground. He then asked a fellow cop for handcuffs but the cuffs had been used for Balo so this guy removed the rope belt that was on the trim of my joggers and tied my hand to the back. he tied it in a way that you'd think he had a personal problem with me. As soon as he was done tying me up, he then proceeded to searching me for exhibits. from the corner of my eye i saw the other cop searching balo too while several others searched the area virgously for drugs. i was brought back from my thoughts with several more slaps to my face when the cop found the weed parcel i had obtained earlier from the dealer and announced to his whole team that he'd found something on me and that i was the dealer they were looking for. Then the others joined in assaulting me asking me to take them to where i hid the main package.

The more i tried to explain that i wasnt the dealer, the more they beat me. then finally one of them asked the others to stop and asked me how i got the parcel. i pointed to the bunk and told them i got it from someone in there. they asked me to give a name but i didnt know his name.. i only always called him bross. then they asked me to lead them into the bunk and show them the room where it was sold to me exactly. I led them into the bunk, they searched the place, the dealer and his boys had escaped somehow leaving behind their supplies etc. but since they didnt find who i claimed sold the parcel to me and i was even the one that led the way into the bunk, they thought i was lying and the said bunk was mine and i was the dealer. so they sked me to sit on the floor in the passage, one cop was with me facing the door while the others packed the supplies as exhibit and evidence. Like play like play na prison dey call me so oo. i had even startes consigning myself to fate and then i saw a loop, an opporunity. the cop that mounted the door recieved a call and got distracted for a minute, all i had was just a minute. and in half a minute, i got up (still rope tied to my back) and lunged for the door as i ran past it, i shoulder brushed the cop causing almost the both of us to loose balance but somehow i steaded and headed for the streets. i just couldnt stop now. as i ran, the other cops ran after me in pursuit but i know this area and that gave me a very sweet advantage. i would've died that day, four cops with rifles pursuing a rope tied harmless civilian, omo as we ran tht race, i could see everyone helter skelter, shops were closing, doors were slamming shut, people ran in fear becuse if you looked at it, it seemed like a criminal chase and that was what it was.

1 Like

Re: On The Run by Antimandatethie(m): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
Nice story... Just keep it coming bro i dey your back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Run by Davoneskay(m): 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
You are definitely a talented writer. Keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Run by Storypot: 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2023
Davoneskay:
You are definitely a talented writer. Keep it up.

Thanks i will continue this piece.
Re: On The Run by Storypot: 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2023
Antimandatethie:
Nice story... Just keep it coming bro i dey your back

Thanks alot
Re: On The Run by Davoneskay(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2023
Storypot:

Thanks i will continue this piece.

You're most welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrites / Taking Action / Coming Soon- "Elias Novela"..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.