Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless (493 Views)

How To Deworm A Puppy Dog / Who Deals On Pure Breed Puppy Dog In Bayelsa? I Need One At Affordable Price / Big Bone Male Caucasian Mountain Puppy Dog For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by lebroske: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2023
This puppy is just 10 weeks and 4 days. I started noticing his body hairs going off just like that. Especially when he is trying to scrash his body, his hairs keep pulling off.
I had taken him to a vet. He said its Merge. He injected him and gave me some liquid medication to be giving him 3 days in every week and a cream to apply on his body.
Yesterday I noticed the puppy is feeling week. No longer igile as before. But he eat very well. But the body hairs are still pulling off.
This started since 3 weeks now and it's becoming severe.
Can someone who has experienced this advice me, pls.
Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by Foodqueen(f): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2023
Was the skin scaly or have rash, how did he conclude that it was manges.

Is he well vaccinated. Maybe you should treat your dog for parvo.
Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by Walekennel: 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
Put pictures
Check another vet doctor
If is mange buy amitraz
Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by lebroske: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
It has rashes all over his body and that's what is making the hair to pull off.
I vaccinated the puppy when it was 9 weeks old. And he still going to be vaccinated on the 4th of July, which is this week Tuesday.
I have been applying the dog cream the vet gave me on the dog but he is still scrashing his body.
All his hair are almost off.

Sorry it's dark. I had to take the pic as soon as I saw the comment.

Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by elkharpone: 1:43am On Jul 03, 2023
Take the dog to a proper and registered vet clinic to sort this out immediately….

Please emphasis on the registered vet clinic or vet doctor….there’s a whole lot of quack vet doctors out there.

Do you deworm regularly?
Do you give multivitamins regularly
Cod liver oil?

These are some common things a puppy need to grow properly

1 Like

Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by Taystee: 10:16am On Jul 06, 2023
lebroske:
This puppy is just 10 weeks and 4 days. I started noticing his body hairs going off just like that. Especially when he is trying to scrash his body, his hairs keep pulling off.
I had taken him to a vet. He said its Merge. He injected him and gave me some liquid medication to be giving him 3 days in every week and a cream to apply on his body.
Yesterday I noticed the puppy is feeling week. No longer igile as before. But he eat very well. But the body hairs are still pulling off.
This started since 3 weeks now and it's becoming severe.
Can someone who has experienced this advice me, pls.

Your puppy is on what diet?
Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by lebroske: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
Before the dog was sold, he was 6 weeks old and the seller was already feeding him with Rice, Beans,fish with other things mixed together.
He was 9 weeks old when I picked him up from the seller. Then, was when i vaccinated him. I also noticed that his hairs were pulling off. But the Vet said it was because he hasn't been vaccinated.

So, I have been trying to feed him with dried food but he doesn't eat much. I complained to the Vet, he said I should continue with the diet he was used to. So, i have been feeding him with indomie, rice boiled fish, boiled meat, beans, boiled egg. He takes milk too and he eats well and growing fast.
Is the feeding the cause of the hair pulling off?
Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by Kyjosh(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2023
lebroske:
Before the dog was sold, he was 6 weeks old and the seller was already feeding him with Rice, Beans,fish with other things mixed together.
He was 9 weeks old when I picked him up from the seller. Then, was when i vaccinated him. I also noticed that his hairs were pulling off. But the Vet said it was because he hasn't been vaccinated.

So, I have been trying to feed him with dried food but he doesn't eat much. I complained to the Vet, he said I should continue with the diet he was used to. So, i have been feeding him with indomie, rice boiled fish, boiled meat, beans, boiled egg. He takes milk too and he eats well and growing fast.
Is the feeding the cause of the hair pulling off?

Are you adding salt to the food?

If so, stop adding salt to its food.

And also the beans, stop giving it to the dog...
Re: Puppy Dog Becoming Hairless by lebroske: 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
I don't add salt to his food. I will stop giving him beans. Thank you very much for the advice.

(1) (Reply)

Female Rott Pup For Sale...box HEAD / Samoyed 1yr Plus Female...heat Will Soon Come....for Sale / Prison Is A Good Experience, Says Man Who Named Dog ‘buhari’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.