Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,309 members, 7,853,434 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated (1097 Views)

Why Do We Envy People Who Travel Abroad? / UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... / FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
what do you think ? yay or nay ? watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86YTqTpiYE
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by OkanlawonB(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2023
Oga Sukkot, thanks for sharing this interresting Video, needless to say as black people we should go only to countries where we are dignified and respected for who we are and not what we have.
Though i completely disagree with the observation one lady on the video made as regards Austria. I don`t think Austria is racist. I have lived in Austria for 3 decades. Nigeria in particular and Africa in general have had a long trading (Austrian Laces and Getzner Guinea Brocades) relationship with Austria.
Austria is a country a black person will feel comfortable visiting. The region that may be of interrest is the Vorarlberg region which is about 600KM away from Vienna. Vorarlberg is the home of the Austrian textile industry. Vorarlberg is also a 3 Countries (Austria, Germany and Swiss) point. This 3 Countries shares Lake Constance which is one of the biggest Lakes on mainland europe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
OkanlawonB:
Oga Sukkot, thanks for sharing this interresting Video, needless to say as black people we should go only to countries where we are dignified and respected for who we are and not what we have.
Though i completely disagree with the observation one lady on the video made as regards Austria. I don`t think Austria is racist. I have lived in Austria for 3 decades. Nigeria in particular and Africa in general have had a long trading (Austrian Laces and Getzner Guinea Brocades) relationship with Austria.
Austria is a country a black person will feel comfortable visiting. The region that may be of interrest is the Vorarlberg region which is about 600KM away from Vienna. Vorarlberg is the home of the Austrian textile industry. Vorarlberg is also a 3 Countries (Austria, Germany and Swiss) point. This 3 Countries shares Lake Constance which is one of the biggest Lakes on mainland europe.
wow ok first of all salute to you Chief Okanlawon. You know the first time I ever stepped into Nigeria in my life , we moved to this apartment and there was a family living downstairs and they always talked about their big brother , first born of their dad from a first wife who was in Austria and had been in Austria forever and till today I don't think he ever came back and I think he would have been in Austria for four decades now. Maybe you know him ? I am almost certain you would know him. I know the last name is akinlade. But ermm very nice and interesting things you wrote about Austria. You know maybe they accept black men more than black women. Some European countries I notice black men get an easier ride because as men the standard of masculinity has been set by African American rap stars who are well muscled and like baring their muscled six pack brown torsos and the white women love that and the men secretly admire that and so we get an easy ride but the beauty standards for women in these countries remain blonde hair and blue eyes so I can see how a black woman expecially if you look very African and a bit overweight will have a very bad time in those countries. The mean evil looks of disgust etc. So I wouldn't minimise her experience. ThAt was her own experience

1 Like

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
OkanlawonB:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/samuel-akinlade-fajemirokun/profil/spieler/522295
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Raalsalghul: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
I don't think there is anywhere on Planet Earth black people are celebrated unless you're referring to Sub-Saharan Africa.

Even folks who share the same features like you a la Black British, Black Americans and Carribeans still don't like you and think they are better.

The onus is on you to develop a thick skin, remain focused on your goals, pay your taxes and obey the law in your host country, make as much money as you can, invest back home and most importantly stop putting your mouths in things that doesn't concern you like BLM (pretty sure they don't have black Africans in mind), Ukraine war (No one gives two bleeps if its two black African countries killing each other) and French riots and the likes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Gerrard59(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2023
Raalsalghul:
I don't think there is anywhere on Planet Earth black people are celebrated unless you're referring to Sub-Saharan Africa.

Even folks who share the same features like you a la Black British, Black Americans and Carribeans still don't like you and think they are better.

The onus is on you to develop a thick skin, remain focused on your goals, pay your taxes and obey the law in your host country, make as much money as you can, invest back home and [b]most importantly stop putting your mouths in things that doesn't concern you like BLM (pretty sure they don't have black Africans in mind), Ukraine war (No one gives two bleeps if its two black African countries killing each other) and French riots and the likes.

The hilarious thing with the bold is that these people don't often visit Black Africa. Rather, they go to Turkey, Egypt and Morocco. shocked grin

To be fair, though, if it is for touristic purposes, I would not visit a place where black people are not welcomed even after spending money or where the discrimination is done overtly. Making money is different, and I don't mind. When it comes to money, I am very rational about it.

I do agree with you about the rest of your posts. African Americans don't see themselves in the same way as Black Africans. None of the so-called BLM protests concerns ordinary Africans. Heck, even Africans don't like themselves, especially Nigerians. Sometimes, I think black people force themselves to be accepted. You go online reading how folks complain that white people stepped out of the swimming pool after the person (black man or woman) stepped in. In the first place, why would you spend money in such a place when Ghana and Senegal dey? Must you enter the same swimming pool as they do? Now, dem don step out, making it obvious they don't like your presence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Raalsalghul: 5:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

The hilarious thing with the bold is that these people don't often visit Black Africa. Rather, they go to Turkey, Egypt and Morocco. shocked grin

To be fair, though, if it is for touristic purposes, I would not visit a place where black people are not welcomed even after spending money or where the discrimination is done overtly. Making money is different, and I don't mind. When it comes to money, I am very rational about it.

I do agree with you about the rest of your posts. African Americans don't see themselves in the same way as Black Africans. None of the so-called BLM protests concerns ordinary Africans. Heck, even Africans don't like themselves, especially Nigerians. Sometimes, I think black people force themselves to be accepted. You go online reading how folks complain that white people stepped out of the swimming pool after the person (black man or woman) stepped in. In the first place, why would you spend money in such a place when Ghana and Senegal dey? Must you enter the same swimming pool as they do? Now, dem don step out, making it obvious they don't like your presence.

Interesting point you've raised at the bolded.

Can you give me an example of such places or regions?

As Black Africans we need to start protecting our interests of which selfishness won't allow.

The most sensible thing would be to stop spending our money on such places.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by jesmond3945: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

liked. Mehnn i experienced that. White people just tolerate black people. They dont really like you in their spaces.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Raalsalghul: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
jesmond3945:
liked. Mehnn i experienced that. White people just tolerate black people. They dont really like you in their spaces.

Really?

Care to share more on your experience?
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by jesmond3945: 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Really?

Care to share more on your experience?
went to a bar full of white people. They gave us space and left the snooker area.
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Gerrard59(m): 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Interesting point you've raised at the bolded.

Can you give me an example of such places or regions?

As Black Africans we need to start protecting our interests of which selfishness won't allow.

The most sensible thing would be to stop spending our money on such places.

The first person mentioned Malaysia, and I might believe the person since our people don spoil the image of Nigeria over there. Ramalot explained this in his thread. African Americans aren't discriminated against because they are Americans. Generally, they are ranked highest amongst all black people. South Africans, I dare say, are ranked higher in global respect than Nigerians. Jamaicans could even be more respected than Nigerians, especially in parts of Asia. I never too travel, so I cannot categorically list places, but one way I believe one can use to navigate such places is to claim the identity of African Americans if you really want to visit the place. I have thought of claiming to be a Namibian or Barbadian should I find myself in some places. grin

Our people have spoilt the image of Nigeria. One cannot be a criminal and a poor person at the same time. That is a double whammy.

1 Like

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Gerrard59(m): 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
jesmond3945:
went to a bar full of white people. They gave us space and left the snooker area.

In the UK or which country?
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by lawani: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

There is nothing like black people, what you are is your ethnicity. I choose Germans, Japanese, Chinese etc as a Yoruba man before any African. They are more useful and more supportive to the Yoruba than any African group. British are more similar to Yoruba than Hausa are similar to Yoruba. We have known French, Germans, British longer than we knew Igbos, Ibibios and etc. The colour of skin should not deceive anybody
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by jesmond3945: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
Gerrard59:

In the UK or which country?
uk
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 06, 2023
lawani:

There is nothing like black people, what you are is your ethnicity. I choose Germans, Japanese, Chinese etc as a Yoruba man before any African. They are more useful and more supportive to the Yoruba than any African group. British are more similar to Yoruba than Hausa are similar to Yoruba. We have known French, Germans, British longer than we knew Igbos, Ibibios and etc. The colour of skin should not deceive anybody
I disagree. Fon and ewes and gas are really similar to Yorubas. We should start learning about our neighbors. I was watching some videos and it’s incredible how similar they are
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Gerrard59(m): 2:37am On Jul 06, 2023
lawani:

While that is largely true, when you are in a place with few people as a black African, subconsciously you will associate with someone from Gambia instead of the Brits or Germans. I say black African because we are not used to living in a multi-racial societies unlike African Americans. It does change later tho depending on how old the person is and age s/he emigrated from Africa and how well the person has assimilated into the host's society.

1 Like

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Originalsly: 7:06am On Jul 06, 2023
I always maintained that except for business ... I have absolutely no interest in traveling to countries where the general population is racist towards Blacks. Too many of us run to these "hostile countries" based on the "Heaven on Earth" write ups about them ... but not considering that those write ups were not written by people like us nor is meant for us. When we get there then we find out ... and when we return we don't want others to know it was not at all the Paradise we were expecting .... so we keep that to ourselves. Worse is for us to go spending and supporting people who do not like us ... but will tolerate us if we are spending. Weren't we tolerated in Dubai? ... when we were going to spend?... and spend big? What happened when we started to troop in to live?
Before we travel we need to find out more about how we as Black people are perceived by the general population in that country. We should also look at the history of some of these countries ... like Argentina ... that chased out almost all of its Blacks ... the reason every South American football team have Black players except Argentina. Makes no sense to support the people who do not like us.
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 7:41am On Jul 06, 2023
Raalsalghul:

The onus is on you to develop a thick skin, remain focused on your goals, pay your taxes and obey the law in your host country, make as much money as you can, invest back home and most importantly stop putting your mouths in things that doesn't concern you like BLM (pretty sure they don't have black Africans in mind), Ukraine war (No one gives two bleeps if its two black African countries killing each other) and French riots and the likes.[/b]
as per the bolded, maybe CELEBRATED was the wrong word to use. maybe i should have said WHERE WE BLEND IN VISIBLY WITHOUT LOOKING LIKE ALIENS cheesy
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 7:45am On Jul 06, 2023
Gerrard59:

YEAH i agree with bolded. its low self esteem. the need to be accepted
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 7:54am On Jul 06, 2023
Originalsly:
I always maintained that except for business ... I have absolutely no interest in traveling to countries where the general population is racist towards Blacks. Too many of us run to these "hostile countries" based on the "Heaven on Earth" write ups about them ... but not considering that those write ups were not written by people like us nor is meant for us. When we get there then we find out ... and when we return we don't want others to know it was not at all the Paradise we were expecting .... so we keep that to ourselves. Worse is for us to go spending and supporting people who do not like us ... but will tolerate us if we are spending. Weren't we tolerated in Dubai? ... when we were going to spend?... and spend big? What happened when we started to troop in to live?
Before we travel we need to find out more about how we as Black people are perceived by the general population in that country. We should also look at the history of some of these countries ... like Argentina ... that chased out almost all of its Blacks ... the reason every South American football team have Black players except Argentina. Makes no sense to support the people who do not like us.

everything you wrote is on point and well received except the bolded. that started when cult guys was macheting each other on dubai streets and like 5 naija guys robbed a bank there

1 Like

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 8:03am On Jul 06, 2023
my story. many eons ago. was at dusseldorf train station. there was an alfresco type eatery there. sat down for like 20 minutes no service meanwhile everyone who came after me was getting served. In retrospect though maybe they thought I was a lost illegal immigrant who just needed somewhere to seat and so they didn't want to bother me lol. This was a time when the only black people they were familiar with was African American soldiers based in Germany. Or maybe they thought I was an African American because prior to that a few white kids saw me and were screaming BELL BIV DEVOE. Maybe I looked like bell BIV DEVOE lmao. Either way I end up leaving after sitting their for twenty minutes. Maybe I should have told them I am not here to rest but I am here to eat. Seeing as it was a train station. Maybe they have many people who just come and sit down without buying. Errr who knows right ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2023
Another story back then. Me and my white girlfriend. Package holiday to Cyprus . Only black man on the plane. Get to Cyprus, I collected my girlfriends passport like I am her daddy lmao and handed both of our passport to immigration. Now prior to this everybody has just been sailing through the immigration with just a greeting. When it come to my turn the guy develop cataract for eye and was staring hard at my passport for over 3 minutes, I just snatched my passport back in anger and walked away. Surprisingly he let me go. Probably snapped out of his cataract induced madness and realised he was being a jackass so he didn't follow me
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by lawani: 9:28am On Jul 06, 2023
Gerrard59:

While that is largely true, when you are in a place with few people as a black African, subconsciously you will associate with someone from Gambia instead of the Brits or Germans. I say black African because we are not used to living in a multi-racial societies unlike African Americans. It does change later tho depending on how old the person is and age s/he emigrated from Africa and how well the person has assimilated into the host's society.

Anywhere you are, so far you bow to the dominant culture, you will succeed without much hitch, it is never about skin colour.
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by GloriousGbola: 10:00am On Jul 06, 2023
sukkot:
Another story back then. Me and my white girlfriend. Package holiday to Cyprus . Only black man on the plane. Get to Cyprus, I collected my girlfriends passport like I am her daddy lmao and handed both of our passport to immigration. Now prior to this everybody has just been sailing through the immigration with just a greeting. When it come to my turn the guy develop cataract for eye and was staring hard at my passport for over 3 minutes, I just snatched my passport back in anger and walked away. Surprisingly he let me go. Probably snapped out of his cataract induced madness and realised he was being a jackass so he didn't follow me

This nig-ger is fking our women angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcoucNURLH4
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This nig-ger is fking our women angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcoucNURLH4
grin grin grin grin grin grin white women is nothing. overhyped. i still insist nigeria has the best built women in the world. nigerian woman is built different. obviously not all of them.
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Solofresh2: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2023
sukkot:
grin grin grin grin grin grin white women is nothing. overhyped. i still insist nigeria has the best built women in the world. nigerian woman is built different. obviously not all of them.
A white woman who loves you can do anything for you but a black woman hardly loves without money and when they do,they feel they are doing you a favour. A white girl who likes you would approach you but a typical Nigerian girl will expect you to approach her and she will still form nonsense if you did approach her
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 11:36am On Jul 06, 2023
Solofresh2:
A white woman who loves you can do anything for you but a black woman hardly loves without money and when they do,they feel they are doing you a favour. A white girl who likes you would approach you but a typical Nigerian girl will expect you to approach her and she will still form nonsense if you did approach her
thats not necessarily true. You see the thing about women ? They are an open canvass and you have to be able to make great pictures on that canvass. Women are easily blown away and they want to be blown away. They love being blown away and what I mean is that you have to be a very dynamic person with a lot of interests and lots of wisdom so that she is thoroughly just entertained by your personality and if you are that type of person ? She would die for you even if you are not very rich . She would be happy to give you her money. Just your presence in her life alone is like gold to her. But you have to be a unique person with lots of unusual interests. But you see the average Nigerian man ? Is a very boring person. The only thing on their mind is sex or football. You can't have enlightening conversations with them and if you tell a Nigerian guy what you are doing, his first question is CAN I GET ANY MOnEY FROM IT IF NOT IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. Everything always comes down to money and not passion. And so Nigerian women are bored with these types of men and the only use for these men to them is for money. That's the truth. I mix with many women here and I feel the vibes. Half of these negros out here are a waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Born2Freak(f): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
Sukkot!!

This is a good post. Many people don't know the pains of racism.

As a European myself, I am expert in dealing with racism. The main solution is money.

I remember one racist fool telling me that I should go back to my country when I visited Belgium.

I told him that I'm rich both in Europe and Africa, and that he is a disgrace to his country. I showed him my shopping bags.- luckily I just bought some designer clothing. I told him that I am better than him and his Nazi azz. The guy couldn't say anything back.

Also, it would better if we blacks improve our home countries so that we would have something of our own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
Born2Freak:
Sukkot!!

This is a good post. Many people don't know the pains of racism.

As a European myself, I am expert in dealing with racism. The main solution is money.

I remember one racist fool telling me that I should go back to my country when I visited Belgium.

I told him that I'm rich both in Europe and Africa, and that he is a disgrace to his country. I showed him my shopping bags.- luckily I just bought some designer clothing. I told him that I am better than him and his Nazi azz. The guy couldn't say anything back.

Also, it would better if we blacks improve our home countries so that we would have something of our own.

thank you , much appreciated, but I seriously don't think the solution is money. Europeans are not money obsessed like that however you mentioned what the solution is which is WE BLACKS NEED TO IMPROVE OUR HOME COUNTRIES. That's the only way we would get any kind of respect and of course like you said HAVE SOMETHING OF OUR OWN
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by lawani: 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
sukkot:
thank you , much appreciated, but I seriously don't think the solution is money. Europeans are not money obsessed like that however you mentioned what the solution is which is WE BLACKS NEED TO IMPROVE OUR HOME COUNTRIES. That's the only way we would get any kind of respect and of course like you said HAVE SOMETHING OF OUR OWN

Yes what is owned as a nation by way of organisation technology know how etc are what a nation can be proud of, not individual achievements by nationals in foreign countries. However it is not a black thing as they are a number of very wealthy black majority countries and the average African country is like Eastern Europe, China, India etc only smaller by population and with a higher dependency ratio because of an exploding population. Nigeria is the black majority country that is the odd one out though it is not necessarily the most corrupt in the world but it is at least among the most challenged with dearth of infrastructure, lack of strong and inspirational leadership and etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by sukkot: 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
lawani:

Yes what is owned as a nation by way of organisation technology know how etc are what a nation can be proud of, not individual achievements by nationals in foreign countries. However it is not a black thing as they are a number of very wealthy black majority countries and the average African country is like Eastern Europe, China, India etc only smaller by population and with a higher dependency ratio because of an exploding population. Nigeria is the black majority country that is the odd one out though it is not necessarily the most corrupt in the world but it is at least among the most challenged with dearth of infrastructure, lack of strong and inspirational leadership and etc
Yes Sir / Madam. Salute. oh and i only said BLACK because the person I quoted said BLACK but truly its a global problem irrespective of race
Re: Movement Of Black People Who Travel To Only Places Where Blacks Are Celebrated by Solofresh2: 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
sukkot:
thats not necessarily true. You see the thing about women ? They are an open canvass and you have to be able to make great pictures on that canvass. Women are easily blown away and they want to be blown away. They love being blown away and what I mean is that you have to be a very dynamic person with a lot of interests and lots of wisdom so that she is thoroughly just entertained by your personality and if you are that type of person ? She would die for you even if you are not very rich . She would be happy to give you her money. Just your presence in her life alone is like gold to her. But you have to be a unique person with lots of unusual interests. But you see the average Nigerian man ? Is a very boring person. The only thing on their mind is sex or football. You can't have enlightening conversations with them and if you tell a Nigerian guy what you are doing, his first question is CAN I GET ANY MOnEY FROM IT IF NOT IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. Everything always comes down to money and not passion. And so Nigerian women are bored with these types of men and the only use for these men to them is for money. That's the truth. I mix with many women here and I feel the vibes. Half of these negros out here are a waste of time.
It will always look that way because poverty has eaten deep in the land.Money will always be the priority in a country where poverty reigns grin
The few white female friends I know don't make money their priority but what do I know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japa To Haiti Lets Meet Here / Tourist Business In Nigeria / Live And Work In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.