Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". (20713 Views)

Some Clubs Owe 1.8 Billion Euros - PSG President / Barcelona inform Luis Suárez that he has to leave the club / Lionel Messi Has Told Barcelona He Wants To Leave The Club This Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Allmiron: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2023
Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé must sign a new contract if he wants to stay at the club as the French champions will not let him leave for free next year, club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said on Wednesday.

Mbappé sent a letter to PSG last month stating that he had no intention of extending his contract, which expires in 2024.

But he later clarified that he had not asked the French club to allow him to move to Spanish giants Real Madrid, who have in the past tried and failed to land the World Cup-winning forward.

PSG face the dilemma of allowing Mbappé to run down the final year of his contract and being unable to recoup any of the €180 million ($195.7m) they spent in 2017 to sign him from AS Monaco.

"My position is very clear. I don't want to repeat it every time: if Kylian wants to stay, we want him to stay. But he needs to sign a new contract," Al-Khelaifi told reporters after unveiling Luis Enrique as the club's new manager.

"We don't want to lose the best player in the world for free, we can't do that. This is a French club.

"He said he would never leave for free. If he changes his mind today, it's not my fault. We don't want to lose the best player in the world for free, that's very clear."

Nasser Al Khelaifi: "Kylian Mbappé he has to decide next week or in two weeks. No more than this".

"If he does not want to sign a new contract, the door is OPEN".

"No one is bigger than the club, no player, not even me. It's very clear", told Le Parisien.

Mbappé has finished as Ligue 1's top scorer in the last five seasons and PSG will be eager to keep him having already lost Lionel Messi on a free transfer.

Messi, a seven-times Ballon d'Or winner, opted not to renew his contract for a move to Inter Miami.

Mbappé also said French President Emmanuel Macron had no influence on his career choices after the leader said he would push for the forward to stay in the country's capital.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/africa.espn.com/football/story/_/id/37964018/psg-chief-kylian-mbappe-sign-new-deal-want-stay%3fplatform=amp

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by TemplarLandry: 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2023
grin Tani Mbappe maa pe bayi?

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Bluntguy: 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
I no know why I no too like this guy.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
Is this player really 22yrs?I don't believe because he looks and behave way more than 22.Probably 30.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
The next player to take over from Messi and Ronaldo for the next few years to come.
Much love Mbappe.

Read the below from Mbappe's dad.....
God Save Africa 🌍

post=119328241:
Kylian Mbappe's father in 2018: “At first, I wanted my son to play for Cameroon but, someone at the Cameroon Football Federation charged a sum of money that I didn’t have to make him play.
The French didn’t charge anything.”

This is how terrible corruption has affected Africa! Imagine all the stars African nations would have had if they didn't ask players to bring money before selecting them to play.

Don't ever blame any player of African origin for playing for European nation.
Embolo was asked for bribe but he didn't have money so he went to play for Switzerland, he scored against Cameroon, his motherland in the World Cup and Africans came out to curse him!

Until we change our attitudes, "pay before you play", African football will forever remain where it is!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by slawomir: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Overrated spoilt brat

He is the problem of psg

Bluntguy:
I no know why I no too like this guy.
Not only you bro

The truth is you understand football alot reason you don't like him

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by bestpunterever: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Go to chelsea

1 Like

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Felabrity: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Psg don't wanna be at the losing end, his contract is expiring 2024

4 Likes

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by atobs4real(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Force him then.
He is on his way to Real Madrid

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by GeneralPula: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Make Chelsea just sign this guy..

7 Likes

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by BERNIMOORE: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
Messi Dodge the bullet

Mbappe should single handedly win champions league now for PSG
Shebi they say messi makes PSG look boring

World cup exposed France fans hatred for messi...but he won it and also win the French league back to back with 4 champions league earlier

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Nazgul: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
Eyah...no UCL for mbappe, he'll spend his active football years dragging their farmers league title with the likes of Lille, Monaco, Lyon...etc. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by dyera(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
" My position is very clear. I don't want to repeat it every time: if Kylian wants to stay, we want him to stay. But he needs to sign a new contract," Al-Khelaifi told reporters after unveiling Luis Enrique as the club's new manager .
" We don't want to lose the best player in the world for free, we can't do that. This is a French club.

He said if Mbappe doesn't want to sign a new contract, then he has to leave the club one year before his contact expires to prevent him from being able to leave the club for free. Don't joke with Arab contractors when it comes to business.

That said, is it possible to chase a player out of a club when their contract has not expire? Is it possible to sell a player to another club against their will? Maybe they will withhold Mbappe salary until he decides to leave the club or sign a new contract.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by whippersnapper(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
He is right though. You cannot buy a player 180 million and allow him go free. Thats ripping. Make them pin him neck for ground force am sign contract till he at least win the champions league for them.

But the question is: Is luis Enrique fit for the job at hand. Next season is their last chance

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by NwaNimo1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
Property ownership matter...

3 Likes

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Etranshub(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
Naa by force? They better sell and make back some money, they cant win ucl with him anymore.

Looking for fantastic metal works /metal furniture? I am your number one plug

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by dondodo: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
Obi is coming to reclaim our mandate

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by sotall(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
grin

Madrid should comma carry their crush naa tongue tongue

They have been toasting him for several years now and now that he is about getting a divorce, Madrid should step up and carry.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Decentdave(m): 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
J
Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by ManWater: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
He has stayed at PSG all these years without winning UCL.
So better for him not to sign new contract.
Real Madrid though would rather wait till next season to get him free. But this will not favor PSG.
We'll see.

4 Likes

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Judolisco(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
They don't want him to leave on a free.... So it's better he signs or they sell him... When he left monaco by force then even when monaco didn't want to sell... I'm happy he is doing d same to psg
Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Slynation(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
Wahala
Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Juanmike(m): 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Overrated spoilt brat

He is the problem of psg

Not only you bro

The truth is you understand football alot reason you don't like him
No, the midget was

2 Likes

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by GreatAchiever1: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
atobs4real:
Force him then.
He is on his way to Real Madrid

As a madrid fan, I no want am again.

1 Like

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by endy69: 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
Chelsea selling Mount, Kai, Kova, Jogi to our direct rivals just to buy Mbappe will be the greatest steal in football

1 Like

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by kaludestiny10(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
The PSG president just dey speak grammar. The best thing for both parties is to put Mbappe up for sale, if not the player will leave for free next season.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by seunayantokun(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
Revolution2022:
Is this player really 22yrs?I don't believe because he looks and behave way more than 22.Probably 30.

He was born in France and grew up there. The records are there

8 Likes

Re: PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". by Adebaba1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
even madrid doesn't want him
what is his problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divine Oduduru Gets Six-year Ban For Doping / FIFA Celebrates Oshoala’s Pichichi Award / Asisat Oshoala Is The Biggest Threat To The England Team — Karen Cairney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.