Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Collection of short stories from my imagination - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Collection of short stories from my imagination (1091 Views)

Onging Stories Collection Of Clustergist.com / Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / A Kaleidoscope Of Short Stories. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2023
It's been a while I wrote and I may be a bit rusty. My sincere apologies in advance. I've decided to post this new set of stories in this section as I believe it is a better home than the Sexuality section. I will be pushing out bits over a couple of days. Constructive criticism is welcome. This is the first out of several I intend.

This is a work of fiction and the names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales or persons, either living or dead, is entirely coincidental. All characters are 18 years or older. It contains scenes of sex and strong language. Readers' discretion is advised.

Copyright ©metalgear 2022. All rights reserved

2 Likes

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2023
Current year

“So where are you from?”

“I’m from ******* ma,” the girl in the faded but clean knee-length dress replied, her head slightly bowed as she bent her knees to convey her respect.

“How old are you?”

“I am twenty years ma,” the girl replied.

“So why are you here? Where are your parents?”

“My mama dey sell market for Cotonou. My papa ihn die for our country war ma.”

“So why did you come to Lagos?” the elegantly dressed lady’s husband chimed in.

“I come find work sir. I wan work so I fit make small money help my mama. My papa die when I dey small. My mama get big shop for our village and she dey send me and my younger brother and sister go school. But as the war come start, dem burn all the market. Na by the grace of God wey we take survive.”

Alfred peered over the rims of his glasses at the shabbily dressed girl, his eyes zoning in on the mounds on her chest for a moment. He quickly averted his gaze before his wife noticed.

“So how did you and your family manage all these years?”

Esther sighed and began to tell her story…

2 Likes

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
Many, many years earlier…

Esther was eight years old when the first war in her country broke out. She grew up with her parents and younger siblings in a quiet riverine community. Though not rich, they were quite comfortable. Her father owned a modest taxi business, while her mother ran a small cafeteria in the front of their compound.

Things began to change when the war broke out. Several years before Esther was born, a powerful rebel had taken over power in a bloody coup against the government and had installed himself as supreme leader and lifetime ruler. He enjoyed support from several ethnic groups who had been denied power since the founding of the country. Everyone thought things would be different after he became president. Unfortunately, any hopes that things would improve were put aside as he quickly clamped down on opposition, fueled by his paranoia of a counter-coup attempt against him.

As promised, this dictator held elections the year Esther was born, but it was all kangaroo court. He won the presidency by just enough of a margin to avoid a runoff. International monitors condemned the election as fraudulent.

The former Commanding General of the Armed Forces of the country whom the dictator had demoted attempted to overthrow his regime, but the coup attempt failed and he was executed. Certain ethnic groups were persecuted against because they were charged with treason against the state. They were seen as inferiors to the President's own tribe, and their mistreatment increased the tensions which had already been rising due to his preferential treatment of his own group.

Another rebel leader of one of the marginalized groups founded a powerful group and launched an armed uprising from a neighboring country to overthrow the corrupt regime, leading to the first civil war. In a few months, his forces controlled half of the country. By December that year, they had captured the dictator and he was subsequently tortured and executed. This led the civil war into an ethnic conflict, with several factions among indigenous people fighting for control of the country's resources.

Esther’s father was draft into the Armed forces to fight the rebels. The pay was relatively good, and their village had largely not been affected by the conflict, though different stories flowing back from the war front kept everybody on edge. Sadly, one day about five years into the war, and about three months after he had been re-deployed to another region, word came back to Esther’s mother that her husband had been killed in action. Their convoy had been ambushed on their way to investigate an outpost, and though they had fought gallantly and had killed several of their attackers, so many of their soldiers had been severely injured or killed as well. Esther’s dad managed to get to the hospital with a bullet to the throat, but he had already suffered massive blood loss and died not long after.

The day his fellow armed forces members brought his body home for burial was one of the saddest days of Esther’s life. There was so much mourning and tears. The man was quietly laid to rest - Esther’s dad was the third among the several sons of the village who were brought back home for burial.

By August the following year, the main factions in the war signed an agreement largely brokered by one of the neighboring country's president at a conference. The interim president agreed to a cease-fire. Two years later, the rebel leader and his party won the general elections overwhelmingly victorious against twelve other candidates. The interim president handed power to the elected president several months later.

By the time the war ended, Esther was already turning fourteen. She had been thrown into the responsibility of helping her mother raise her two younger siblings. Each day, once school had ended, she headed to the primary section of her school to pick her younger ones up. They would walk to the market where her mother had established a much bigger canteen, and there they would all be until when she closed shop. After her husband passed away, Esther’s mum had sold all but one of his taxis and used the money to expand her food business. It was through these proceeds she was able to keep her children in school.

5 Likes

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by princeemma69: 1:38am On Jul 06, 2023
Following
Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
Unfortunately, the opposing rebel forces invaded her village for the second time in her life, and she and her remaining family members had to flee for their lives. Over the next year, they made their way from one refugee camp to another. Each location brought its own challenges, but they were able to overcome them one way or the other as they presented themselves. Several arduous months later, she and her family finally crossed the border into Cote d’Ivoire and took a ship that berthed them in the Benin Republic. A camp, with a capacity to accommodate more than a thousand people, had been built about forty kilometers southwest of the capital several years before for refugees and asylum seekers from across West Africa, and this was where Esther and her family found themselves. They were one of a handful of refugees from her country who lived there, and she and her mother and siblings were housed in a small structure with a two-bedroom self-contained apartment on each side. The camp also housed a dispensary, elementary school, church, mosque, and health center, and every Thursday morning the Red Cross and other non-government and charity organizations arrived with truckloads of supplies. For the first time in about two years, they were finally able to relax and come to terms with what they had gone through getting there. After a month or two, her mother decided to resume her cooking business, and after inquiring for and receiving the right permissions, she was able to set up a small corrugate iron shed in front of their two-bedroom self-contained building where she catered to the hunger of the people who ¬contributed to the day-to-day happenings in the camp.

Esther helped her mother run the canteen for a while, but they soon realized the meagre income from the proceeds wasn’t going to be able to sustain them for everything they needed to reestablish their lives. They had decided to put a hold on her own education for now while they got back on their feet, but her younger ones had to go back to school. One of the regular patrons had mentioned the demand for house maids in Lagos just across the border, and after consulting between themselves and other refugees whose daughters had “made it big” in Lagos, Esther and her mother decided she should give it a shot. One of the girls mentioned a lovely young family in their neighborhood had asked her madam for a maid, and she felt she would be a good fit.

That’s how Esther found herself crossing the border into Lagos for work. Right now, she stood in front of her (hopefully) new employers, having told them her story with tears in her eyes. She tried to ignore the subtle lustful glances being cast her way by the husband. The man no even get shame, she thought. Eyeing her right in the presence of his wife? She almost did not hear the next statement made by the woman.

“My husband and I will discuss and let you know what we decide,” she heard her say.

“Thank you ma. Please consider me ma. I promise I will not disappoint you,” Esther said, as she went down on her knees.

“How can we reach you? Do you have a phone?” the husband asked.

“I do not have a phone sir.”

“You don’t have a phone?”

“No, sir.”

“You need to get yourself a phone. Come back in three days. We will have our decision then,” his wife concluded.

“Yes ma. Thank you, ma.”

She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes, stood up and straightened her dress before leaving their presence, unaware of the eyes glued to her slightly jiggling buttocks. Damn!!, he thought. He wondered how it would feel to bury his face in-between those melons of hers or watch her juicy arse bounce against his thighs as he ploughed into her from behind. He quickly shook his head to rid his mind of such thoughts and turned to his wife who was studying him closely.

“What are you thinking about?” she asked him suspiciously.

“Nothing. I just feel sorry for her. What she has gone through. I think we should consider her. The kids will love her.”

“Are you sure that is the only reason why you want us to hire her?” she eyed him.

“What do you mean?”

“This one that you are looking at her like rat that want to steal meat.”

“Madam, I am a well-respected lawyer and pastor for crying out loud! Why would you say something like that of your husband?”

“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak...”

“You do not need to lecture me on scripture. I am very aware of that verse.” He replied angrily before leaving her sitting there.

3 Likes

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by dawno2008(m): 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
Interesting, following patiently
Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by Switinthemiddle(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Those who know the scriptures are the most suceptible to temptations.. metalgear11 following u like ur shadow
Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by sterlingD(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2023
@Metalgear11 did you post yesterday?A post on this thread has been hidden or has been flagged.

1 Like

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
sterlingD:
@Metalgear11 did you post yesterday?A post on this thread has been hidden or has been flagged.

Yes indeed. I did post yesterday, but the spambot flagged and deleted the post. It also banned me until now.
Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2023

1 Like

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Apologies for the difference in displays. For some reason that's how it came out in this format.

4 Likes

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by xenten: 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
and you abandoned this one toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

1 Like

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2023
xenten:

I had to put a pause my friend. Some family issues arose that I'm still trying to sort out. I'll return to the story once I can.

2 Likes

Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by dawno2008(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2023
metalgear11:

I had to put a pause my friend. Some family issues arose that I'm still trying to sort out. I'll return to the story once I can.
How's it going @metalgear11, complement of the seasons
Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by metalgear11(m): 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2023
dawno2008:

How's it going @metalgear11, complement of the seasons

Same to you.
Re: Collection of short stories from my imagination by sterlingD(m): 10:23am On Mar 19
xenten:

(1) (Reply)

A Love Book For The Valentine / Please Drop A Vocabulary / The Five P's Of Publishing On Okadabooks By Ivie Eke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.