Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" (29274 Views)

Threads: See Elon Musk's Reply on Twitter's attempt to sue Meta / Twitter Threatens To SUE Meta Over Its New Threads Platform And Accused It Of Po / Threads: Ten Million Join Meta's Twitter Rival, Zuckerberg Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Myself2(m): 2:03am On Jul 07, 2023
Rubbish
Elon, you can't eat your cake and have it.
You had your cake but you redused to eat it.When you took over twitter, you madr big shakara for most of the staff, you laid off many of them, so someone else hired them, Simples

1 Like

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:13am On Jul 07, 2023
SeriouslySense:
This is why one should treat his or her worker's well. But Twitter is better.

MySpace was once better
Hi5 was once better
Nokia was once better
Blackberry was once better

A time will always come when a brand loses that battle with his competitors. Especially when the administration is driven by an egoist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by 3seriez(m): 2:58am On Jul 07, 2023
Carlyboi:
Not a fan of Musk not big on Mark either but I won’t be a supporter of intellectually property theft,or flouting of copyright laws or stealing of a competitors trade secrets by any means so musk should sue the hell out of Mack if he’s got reasonable legal grounds and proof.

As regards poaching or hiring of twitter’s former employees Mr Elon got no case the just grasping at straws. The same employees he sacked?even if they left voluntarily not sure they’re indentured to Twitter in anyway so they can always work Mark or any other company or individual.

As per former employee's, maybe they signed a confidential clause when hired not to work for a direct competitor whenever they resign or are disengaged for a period of years.
Big corporations do this to protect their trade secrets.
My former employers made us sign this document when we got hired then. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by 3seriez(m): 3:05am On Jul 07, 2023
newnet:
Too bad.

Loan App Scammers: Learn From My Experience

I have been scammed twice by this loan app, please lawyers in the house.

How can I get justice.

The loan app is called EASY CASH.

They sent "congratulations" to me, claiming that I won 17000 loan to pay 18000, but when I clicked the loan link, they sent 10,000 to my account and said I would pay N17000 in just 5 days gap or they forward my name to a loan recovery agency.

Please what business can I do with 10000 to repay 17000 in a space of 1week.

See the snapshots I got from the loan app to confirm what am saying

From the second picture, you will see their low interest rate that they use to decieve people but when you apply for the loan, they send a small amount of money to your account and force you to repay with about 100% interest rate.

Report them to the "Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC)".
Package all your facts and evidence, and head to their website or office and lay your complaint.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:15am On Jul 07, 2023
3seriez:

As per former employee's, maybe they signed a confidential clause when hired not to work for a direct competitor whenever they resign or are disengaged for a period of years.
My former employers made us sign this document when we got hired then. Just saying.

Non disclosure does not stop you from working for a competitor. People swing among competitors and never been a problem.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by richard870(m): 4:34am On Jul 07, 2023
newnet:
Too bad.

How can I get justice.

They sent "congratulations" to me, claiming that I won 17000 loan to pay 18000, but when I clicked the loan link, they sent 10,000 to my account and said I would pay N17000 in just 5 days gap or they forward my name to a loan recovery agency.

From the second picture, you will see their low interest rate that they use to decieve people but when you apply for the loan, they send a small amount of money to your account and force you to repay with about 100% interest rate.
Those guys are at it again. Kindly visiti fccpc and file a complain with all proofs, you can also email lagos@fccpc.gov.ng. Please report them all...
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by galantjoe(m): 5:21am On Jul 07, 2023
So Mark want to acquire all social media platforms, he already has Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook. Recently he wanted to acquire Twitter but Musk finally outwitted him and acquired Twitter. Now he launched Twitter like apps called Thread.

Musk is greedy but Mark is greedier
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by wowo2: 6:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Elon Musk fired the first shot at Meta but failed to deliver. Meta went for his jugular and now he is crying.

https://www.techradar.com/news/elon-musks-grand-twitter-20-plans-revealed-just-copy-whatsapp
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by excel127(m): 6:22am On Jul 07, 2023
brandexsourcing
.com

Brandex Sourcing offers a comprehensive A to Z solution for your apparel needs. Experience the excellence of a 5 Star Alibaba Gold Rated Supplier committed to quality, affordability and on-time delivery.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Sprinklepee: 6:32am On Jul 07, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE
my question be say, that thread so we go fit use am hustle, make bro Mark nor dey give us issue.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by LordReed(m): 8:03am On Jul 07, 2023
jaxxy:

twitter wasn't doing just fine. I love post Elon than pre Elon

LòLz, really? So how are you enjoying the new viewing limits?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Kobicove(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2023
newnet:
Too bad.

How can I get justice.

How did they get your bank account number if you did not willfully apply for the loan?
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by SeriouslySense(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2023
I hope its does not happen in the very near future.
SangoOlukosoOba:

MySpace was once better
Hi5 was once better
Nokia was once better
Blackberry was once better

A time will always come when a brand loses that battle with his competitors. Especially when the administration is driven by an egoist.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by 3seriez(m): 8:30am On Jul 07, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Non disclosure does not stop you from working for a competitor. People swing among competitors and never been a problem.

Ours then was not a Non disclosure. It clearly stated in the document you are not to work for a direct competitor for at least 3 years. So even when our top talent were leaving then, they were leaving for a different industry not companies in the same industry.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2023
Lol.. Threads has been trending lately. Be like baba no calculate this time before investing. Overtake done overtake overtake
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Dimehook: 9:30am On Jul 07, 2023
TopBallers:
Zuck is a smart ass guy.
Well, I would also say he's arrogant and a bit stupid with what he did in the last years, consting Meta billions of dollars, he should have be sacked but because he owns 90% of company's Class B stock, they can't sack him.
I guess he's trying to make up for his mistakes.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by solreb: 9:41am On Jul 07, 2023
saphiere:
I need to be hired please help a sis.
It's really hard over here.

What is your discipline. I know a company in Lekki Lagos with vacancies for female accountant and contracts and procurement supervisor. Yiu can WhatsApp your CV to 0803 237 2245
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by tishbite42: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2023
saphiere:
I need to be hired please help a sis.
It's really hard over here.
Keep on hating on men. It's a well paying job.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by tishbite42: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2023
Princewill1:
Did Telegram displaced Whatsapp?

Despite the fact that Telegram is more doper than WhatsApp yet Whatsapp maintain it's popularity.

What made people think that thread app will end Twitter? Thread will exit while Twitter will maintain it's popularity.

To fight back, Musk should launch his own Facebook-like app.
Simple and stay away from the app
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Justinlean02(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
newnet:
Too bad.

How can I get justice.

you dey fear or panic, send the 10k nothing go happen Did same with Okach them get their loan back but for the interest taa who send
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Germi9: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
The fight nko? na dat one concern me
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by saphiere(f): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
solreb:

What is your discipline. I know a company in Lekki Lagos with vacancies for female accountant and contracts and procurement supervisor. Yiu can WhatsApp your CV to 08032245
I'm still schooling
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Carlyboi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
3seriez:

Oh really?well, that’s another way to look at it then so musk’s claims might be quite valid on that too.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Husj: 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
grandstar:
Elon Musk made 2 big mistakes:

1. Be stupid a enough to buy Twitter for $44b. It's not worth more than $11b. Forget all these mad internet company valuations.

2. The arrogant and unintelligent sacking of Twitter staff. Yes, Twitter was bloated but the way forward was to find the staff worth keeping and layoff professionally the excess.

One now wonders whether those who were not laid off are loyal and it seems some of those who were sacked now want blood.

Because you're the acclaimed richest man in the world does not make you all knowing. The arrogant and bestiial way he laid off staff will definitely haunt the company for sometime, if not forever.
Bro, the reason why he sacked those employees was that two-three employees where doing the jobs of a single employee which makes it stupid to be paying two-three employees for a job that a single employee can perform.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by ollysunmoses: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
You cannot handle Tesla the way you handle Twitter otherwise, you will destroy it. Musk should just sell twitter to an india man otherwise it will go bankrupt
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by grandstar(m): 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Husj:

Bro, the reason why he sacked those employees was that two-three employees where doing the jobs of a single employee which makes it stupid to be paying two-three employees for a job that a single employee can perform.

There's nothing wrong in laying off staff but follow due process!

You just don't sack workers braggadociously. Even AL Dunlap own no reach that.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by CodeTemplar: 12:55am On Jul 08, 2023
grandstar:
Elon Musk made 2 big mistakes:

1. Be stupid a enough to buy Twitter for $44b. It's not worth more than $11b. Forget all these mad internet company valuations.

2. The arrogant and unintelligent sacking of Twitter staff. Yes, Twitter was bloated but the way forward was to find the staff worth keeping and layoff professionally the excess.

One now wonders whether those who were not laid off are loyal and it seems some of those who were sacked now want blood.

Because you're the acclaimed richest man in the world does not make you all knowing. The arrogant and bestiial way he laid off staff will definitely haunt the company for sometime, if not forever.
You made sense in this topic. I advise you stick to such topics and leave economics alone as you clearly suck at it.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by CodeTemplar: 12:59am On Jul 08, 2023
Husj:

that makes him stupid at best. Those extra and idle employees knew enough of the working of Twitter to recreate it elsewhere and don't blame another businessman who regrouped them and recreated an improved Twitter with so calles idle hands.
H can repeat it in Tesla also so electric vehicle prices can crash for.Nigerians.to own them.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by grandstar(m): 1:04am On Jul 08, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You made sense in this topic. I advise you stick to such topics and leave economics alone as you clearly suck at it.

You again!

An economist who supports the petrol subsidy! Pat Utomi, Charles Soludo and Lamido, people you should look up to will be shaking their head in grief.

They are busy searching for the fake uni that awarded you your certificate.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by CodeTemplar: 1:12am On Jul 08, 2023
grandstar:

You again!

An economist who supports the petrol subsidy! Pat Utomi, Charles Soludo and Lamido, people you should look up to will be shaking their head in grief.

They are busy searching for the fake uni that awarded you your certificate.
That's your problem. The inability to think differently from professionals with vested interests who are out to mislead. Did you see the headline about petrol consumption dropping a meagre 28% after subsidy removal? It shows the leakages and fraud were negligible because that 28% drop in consumption sounds like the volume lost to lack of patronage associated with high cost. So many private cars are parked at home and that's where I think almost all of the 28% came from but folks like you allowed Pat Utomi Soludo and Rewane dictate to you the level of fraud. These are friends of refinery owners and oil marketers looking to make a kill from subsidy removal and they successfully bullied your type into singing their tune, albeit subconsciously. Good morning!

I am sure Lamido, Soludo and Utomi told you import is desirable in areas you do not have competitive advantage in. America didnt have such advantage in cooking oil and so embraced protectionism in that area creating dangerous oils that clog arteries to this day but your giant follower mentality has made you embrace import of deadly alternatives because they fed you with bullshit of import is good and creates jobs.
You suck at economics that's why you lean on failed economists like Soludo and Lamido. Going far in Nigeria is largely a matter of connection and politics of appeasement to vested interest.
Re: Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" by Darkmode64: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2023
jaxxy:

twitter wasn't doing just fine. I love post Elon than pre Elon
Nobody cares what you think angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / Rooting Tecno F7 / Which Nigerian Network Has The Cheapest Call Tariff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.