Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,622 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria (809 Views)

Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / Mayowa Olukehinde Of Breach Menders Unreachable After Collecting ₦50 Million / COVID-19: Nairabet Donates 50 Million To Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by sokkatua: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2023
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Hi, I m Nigerian and I reside in Toronto, I used to work for a major financial but was let go in 2020 , finding a similar job with the same pay has been a herculean task, I have managed to raise $74000 and I already have a house in Ibadan and I m wondering if I should return to Nigeria and start a business, the truth is there is really no place like home,you might think I m crazy but I envy my friends living in Nigeria.I don't expect anyone to believe me but if you have a good job in Nigeria please stay there , it's hard to enjoy japa life if you are not a doctor, nurse, or Yahoo boy. The harsh reality of life is things are getting tougher, especially with the huge influx of Indians in the past ten years which drove up the cost of everything,.back to my question, my plan is to start a business with at least 10 million, keep the rest in the bank just in case things don't work and I have to run back to Canada. But sincerely my sojourn in Canada is over and for those that think I m crazy, i would gladly give you my Canadian passport,come and experience the real diaspora life

1 Like

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by taylor89(m): 8:09am On Jul 07, 2023
kiss
Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by DeeBaDan: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2023
Good plans. In the end, it's your call to make

2 Likes

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by Ofemmanu1: 8:12am On Jul 07, 2023
Come back home.
Start a business, get a companion, get a small car and enjoy your life.

4 Likes

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:12am On Jul 07, 2023
Get contacts in Canada...

Come back home and start exporting ....to Canada

3 Likes

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by Freelancerr(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2023
cool
Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by OlawaleBammie: 8:29am On Jul 07, 2023
sokkatua:
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Hi, I m Nigerian and I reside in Toronto, I used to work for a major financial but was let go in 2020 , finding a similar job with the same pay has been a herculean task, I have managed to raise $74000 and I already have a house in Ibadan and I m wondering if I should return to Nigeria and start a business, the truth is there is really no place like home,you might think I m crazy but I envy my friends living in Nigeria.I don't expect anyone to believe me but if you have a good job in Nigeria please stay there , it's hard to enjoy japa life if you are not a doctor, nurse, or Yahoo boy. The harsh reality of life is things are getting tougher, especially with the huge influx of Indians in the past ten years which drove up the cost of everything,.back to my question, my plan is to start a business with at least 10 million, keep the rest in the bank just in case things don't work and I have to run back to Canada. But sincerely my sojourn in Canada is over and for those that think I m crazy, i would gladly give you my Canadian passport,come and experience the real diaspora life
is it that hard to land a job in the so called Canada??
Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by Martinsmine(m): 8:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Blood take care and be strong in yourself....come back if necessary
Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by Ogamysamo: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2023
before you come back home think of what business you're going to start first, have culeast two or three in mind come down joe do your personal survey before making a final choice. your mind is made up so no need to say anything concerning keeping a job there.

warning warning warning.
most people that know you are abroad believe there's awurf money there so they'll be expecting something mind the way you spend on people back in nigeria before they lick you half dry and scatter your plan. leaving you with no other option but to stay back in 'no place like home'
Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by TheBillyonaire: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2023
I strongly suggest that you remain in Canada. Nigeria is not for you. Just send the money to your relatives to help them cope in Nigeria while you enjoy your canada life.

Life is tough, but you are tougher. In the event that you want to sell your assets in Nigeria to pay your bills at Canada. pm me, so we can buy your assets in Nigeria.

In essence, stay in Canada.

1 Like

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by DaInferno(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2023
Nigeria should always be a place of visit. But if you wanna settle here for real, you should have atleast 500m sir. Buy houses and rent out before you return. That's the best way to enjoy this country rn.
Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by Boogyman557: 8:53am On Jul 07, 2023
Holly Gram cool It's not by having money at hand..

Invest in LANDED PROPERTIES..

Buy house or buy land and build houses..

RENT IT OUT b4 u come back...

If u no think to INVEST and u one come back..

Na my old KALA I go use BLAST BLAST ur left leg drop 4 ground b4 people go begin ask us waiting happen..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by advanceDNA: 9:21am On Jul 07, 2023
sokkatua:
. But sincerely my sojourn in Canada is over

Its crazy back home oooo....but since u have cash to give u soft landing....u'll be fine.. pple with lesser operating cash are doing well seff. Its my opinion and what ive seen.....some pple might disagree shaa...

For a start, dont enter business that require too much electricity or too much diesel to run.. u go vex go canada in a year.....

No form posh becos u just returned from canada, many non-classy business are fetching money....pple suply farm produce like cocoa, casava to company...But they enter farm, get dirty, and see with their two eye to avoid scam.....

No ...invest in business u cant oversea and see the whole 9yards by urself......na scam...if u wan stay house, make pple dey run around for u....baba..... u don set urself up .....nigerians are not smiling....including ur family.....dem go run u street live...

Stay away from naija bet.. u go run urself street

fastest way to lose money....Crypto and forex..its just another version bet naija...they will soon arrive here to canvass u....

If u are afraid of business and want to stay in a comfirt zone...Keep like 40M rolling in treasury bills..that way...u keep enjoying cost-free, income.....(zero risk, but small returns)

Use 10 million enter food and beverage market.. thats the one of the business guaranteed to make profit in current nigeria..weda u are rich or poor..u must eat.....(stay away from food with low shelf life)

....Nigerians also like luxury even though they are poor... u see them carrying phones that worth 5 times of their monthly salary...... so the phone business is another market u can enter with ur 10M and u wont regret it....

....if u can liaise with banks head of ooeration...proof of funds to japa nigerians money is easy money ....u'll easily make 500k per month from it..

Over time..u go grow to enter bigger business

U ve paid ur dues working ur ass off in d cold.
No let fear hold you....
Las las....U go dey alright....
u don already dey alright sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
You can start business while you return to Nigeria. Business like food importation and exportation is an option. Most Nigerian living abroad still eat their local food, you could be exporting it. As locust beans, kulikuli, etc are, those less weight food are expensive overseas. There's a friend that export a type of leaf from Nigeria here. 20 sheets of the leafs is 40 dollars, now imagine you have like 10 acres of land where you plant the tree, you. will just be exporting ordinary leafs abroad and you make your money.

You could also get into farm, as Farming is, It is very primitive and local but don't forget, everything in existence came from farm in one way or the other. Just try to learn it. When i started my watermelon farm some months ago, I didn't believe my eyes, I did market research, in oje in Ibadan, Ashi, bodija, I headed to Lagos mile 12 to do the same, you won't believe that a big watermelon was sold for #850 naira. We packed melons and we packed almost a thousand of melons to Lagos State.

it full 2 eighteen seaters bus, we journeyed at night because of the road wardens, on getting there, we offload it and I was paid immediately, like 2 days later, the mallam there ibrahim called me that he needs again, I was like, omo, and I just planted an acre. It was last week that another woman called kaffy called me that she needs again but this is not it planting season.

Farming is very lucrative, just try to learn and plant not too common crops. Plant crops like coconut,pawpaw, kolanut, bitter kola,cocoa, soursop,apple (don't mind those that believe it doesn't grow here, it grows, in fact I have several people planting it in their nurseries) pineapple,castor, sunflower, cotton, cashew, oil palm, Ugwu, avocado, jackfruit, strawberry ( if you could manage it) miracle seed. That is the secret northern Nigeria has over us the rest.

There's a crop here that an hectare will give you about 1 tonne and a tonnage is around 700k currently, then every 3 months it multiply by 2, which means after 3 months, it will be around 2.1million till it reaches a year, so an acre will give like 8 million naira in a year. then the tree will be there for like 10 years before deprivation in production.
So what you just need is to plant once and continue harvesting for next 10 years at every 3 months. The crops is very important industrially. I just planted 10 acres of it last 2weeks.
So, try farming but learn it first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have 50 Million Naira ,should I Return To Nigeria by chiedonedoor(m): 9:49am On Jul 08, 2023
For now, you need to relax and think. Know your interest,
Again it depends were you want to settle down when you come back home to Nigeria. That will determine what your next line of action will be .
I will advise you get realland, palm should be a good crops, like 3-5yrs, you will see the benefits.

(1) (Reply)

Stand A Chance Of Getting A Free Prop Firm Account If You Are A FOREX TRADER / Hurry Now! Invest In A Restaurant In Port Harcourt / Free Sms To Friend All Over The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.