Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

I Bought The Redmi 12c Today - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Bought The Redmi 12c Today (5084 Views)

Finally Got The Xiaomi Redmi 12C !! / I Got The Xaomi Redmi 12c Today / Has Anyone Bought The MTN 5G SIM Or Router, Please Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Goalnaldo(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
I went to slot to get the redmi 12c. the 3gb 64gb version for N60,700 promo price. Phone is really okay but I haven't really enjoyed it to the fullest either because of MTN network or my SIM card been the culprit here cause I have experience this network fluctuations bullshit before. Cc JerryHosiah
Modified: I went there by 8am and I asked of redmi they said the girl hasn't come yet so I was checking out the ITEL S23 while waiting for her. The ITEL S23 has a very beautiful design but the camera was WACK. the girl was trying to persuade me to take the ITEL citing unavailability of parts for the redmi but the camera really put me off.

1 Share

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 08, 2023
I bought the phone 2 days ago, same type, same price.

I'm not 100% satisfied with it sha due to the following reasons
1. It doesn't support split screen, something Tecno spark 4 of 2019 could do

2. It can't make calls and use 4G Network at the same time, it will change to 3g until after the call

3. The ram management is not very effective, it doesn't prioritize ram space for the apps in use and sometimes close them in background

But overall, the graphics is cool and the battery didn't disappoint. Not so bad for the price
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by mkoabiola: 12:07am On Jul 08, 2023
How much dd u buy it
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 08, 2023
mkoabiola:
How much dd u buy it
The guy mentioned it. 60700
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Canismajoris: 12:23am On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

1. It doesn't support split screen, as something Tecno spark 4 of 2019 could do

2. It can't make calls and use 4G Network at the same time, it will change to 3g until after the call

3. The ram management is not very effective, it doesn't prioritize ram space for the apps in use and sometimes close them in background

But overall, the graphics is cool and the battery didn't disappoint. Not so bad for the price
are you sure the issues in bold originate from the phone or from your operation?

1 Like

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 08, 2023
Canismajoris:
are you sure the issues in bold originate from the phone or from your operation?

I've used Samsung midrange phones and the difference is very clear.

But like I said, the phone is ok for the price, Samsung midrange phones are usually more expensive than normal midrange phones

2 Likes

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 08, 2023
Canismajoris:
Or are you using the same phone? What did you notice
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by eteebanky1: 1:30am On Jul 08, 2023
Phone enthusiasts

Would you pick new xiaomi Poco c40 64gb at 65k over xiaomi redmi 12c of 60k

I want to decide

2 Likes

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Goalnaldo(m): 3:53am On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

your number 3 is very true. I just updated my phone this morning and some app(MI vid) is crashing. Another thing I noticed is the low output of the 3.5mm jack. I tested few ear piece with it and the sound was very low.
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Purvan(m): 5:16am On Jul 08, 2023
Buying phones because of camera is for women , kids and boys

Real men don't give af about phone camera

Buy a standalone DSLR if you are looking to take pics

6 Likes

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Canismajoris: 6:30am On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

Or are you using the same phone? What did you notice
nothing of such. The 4G service works and Ram works well irrespective. Mine is 4/128. Yours could depend on the ram size.
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Goalnaldo(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2023
Purvan:

true. I actually wanted to buy a2plus with 8mp😂 but 12c was far better, however they are documents you would want to verify which would require a fairly average camera

5 Likes

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by MummyIMadeIt: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2023
Canismajoris:
nothing of such. The 4G service works and Ram works well irrespective. Mine is 4/128. Yours could depend on the ram size.

I had ordered specific product on Jumia and expecting delivery. Meanwhile, i did have a change of mind and will want to go for the AGM note 1 4G on jumia, which seems to have a better Ram size and camera delivery.

However, can you help me decide by telling me about the camera quality of the Redmi 12c 4G
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by eteebanky1: 11:37am On Jul 08, 2023
Goalnaldo:
I went to slot to get the redmi 12c. the 3gb 64gb version for N60,700 promo price. Phone is really okay but I haven't really enjoyed it to the fullest either because of MTN network or my SIM card been the culprit here cause I have experience this network fluctuations bullshit before. Cc JerryHosiah
Modified: I went there by 8am and I asked of redmi they said the girl hasn't come yet so I was checking out the ITEL S23 while waiting for her. The ITEL S23 has a very beautiful design but the camera was WACK. the girl was trying to persuade me to take the ITEL citing unavailability of parts for the redmi but the camera really put me off.

This exact version, were you able to expand the ram from 3gb ram to additional 2gb virtual ram?
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Maxxim: 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

What about the camera
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by sheggsliveth: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

Ans 1: am pretty sure it does, though I don't use Redmi anymore but am sure it will, try to long press on the app when minimizing.

Ans 2: I don't think phone will make or receive calls on 4G network, it has to switch to 3G and later turns back to 4G after the calls.

Ans 3: I don't understand android even iphone too do complain on Twitter too,having 4GB of ram and always left with less than 2gb ram..mind you I use oneplus

2 Likes

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Poisonousman: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
Maxxim:

What about the camera

What are you using camera for... Are you a kid..
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Maxxim:

What about the camera
The camera is cool with light, low light images are quite ok too
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
sheggsliveth:

Ans 1: am pretty sure it does, though I don't use Redmi anymore but am sure it will, try to long press on the app when minimizing.

Ans 2: I don't think phone will make or receive calls on 4G network, it has to switch to 3G and later turns back to 4G after the calls.

Ans 3: I don't understand android even iphone too do complain on Twitter too,having 4GB of ram and always left with less than 2gb ram..mind you I use oneplus

That's why Samsung is the king, it manages ram perfectly well. I used Samsung A12 with 4gb ram and I was impressed, if you open an app in the morning and you minimize it, you will still meet it at same place at night. Except for some weird apps that loves refreshing themselves

1 Like

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
Canismajoris:
Maybe
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by omasanbobo(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

That's why Samsung is the king, it manages ram perfectly well. I used Samsung A12 with 4gb ram and I was impressed, if you open an app in the morning and you minimize it, you will still meet it at same place at night. Except for some weird apps that loves refreshing themselves
True, i watched a speed test video between the galaxy a04s vs redmi 12c. While the Samsung could hold apps in the background the redmi kept refreshing apps including system apps

2 Likes

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by RealEzee(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

depends on the app not 'weird app',besides chipset strength also come to play in this regard.
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by AfonjaScud: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Hello my fellow nairalanders. I need pieces of advice from the crop of our IT gurus on here.

I have two phones - a motorola and samsung.
I needed to reset the moto phone due to some lapses i noticed.
Before doing that, i transferred the data in the Moto to the samsung through smart switch using data connection.

After the reset, i tried to restore the data but the systems asked for WiFi connections.
I borrowed a Glo Wifi for the purpose.
However, while both phones connected to the Wifi, they strangely failed to connect to each other for the transfer.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or something ?

Please advice and directions needed.
Thanks
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by seunlayi(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
Purvan:

this was I simply both itel p40 3 days ago. I won't lie, the ram management was better than that if my stolen Redmi note 10. Redmi only beat this phone on camera which I don't actually need and the led vs IPS lcd screen. The itel battery is just too superb.

1 Like

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by seunlayi(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
omasanbobo:

True, i watched a speed test video between the galaxy a04s vs redmi 12c. While the Samsung could hold apps in the background the redmi kept refreshing apps including system apps
I have already said goodnight to Redmi phones

1 Like

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Les: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
Goalnaldo:
i bought the Redmi 10C at 110k was I cheated?
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by sheggsliveth: 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

How many size did Android consumed, even my friend Samsung s10 Android system consumed almost half of the whole ram.
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Maxxim: 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
oluwasegun462:

The camera is cool with light, low light images are quite ok too

oh, okay thanks man

1 Like

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Maxxim: 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Poisonousman:

What are you using camera for... Are you a kid..
Its for business bro, androids camera deteriorates as they get age and might not bring the best of ones work.
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by omasanbobo(m): 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
seunlayi:

I have already said goodnight to Redmi phones
Same here but money never de to upgrade yet, my next line of phones would be Samsung and pixel devices by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by omasanbobo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
Les:
i bought the Redmi 10C at 110k was I cheated?
Lol which variant?
Re: I Bought The Redmi 12c Today by Les: 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2023
omasanbobo:

Lol which variant?
I no know, the main 10c nahh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Day On Jumia Black Friday / Tecno Spark k7 Wahala / Pls Help!!! My Android Is Showing battery Temperature Low, Fail Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.