Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Thread V. Twitter Wars - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thread V. Twitter Wars (154 Views)

Trade Wars: Trump Administration Pushing To Rip Global Supply Chains From China / Lessons From The Twitter Bank Wars / Sterling Bank Plc Tenders Public Apology Over Viral Bank Wars Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thread V. Twitter Wars by mariovito(m): 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
1. Beyond the litigation and press statements, one factor that will determine which app comes back home with the head of it's opponent on a platter will be it acceptability and relevance to the already saturated microblogging sphere.

2. Thread was welcome with much fanfare and pomp and it experienced quite a high record of onboarding. But after all said has been done, who will come out victorious? I bet you only one way to find out.

3. It is my opinion that the excitement will wear and fizzle out after the initial hype and rush created by FOMO.

4. Also, the app does not have provision for trending topics which is key reason Twitter beats other SM. Though this feature can be easily incorporated into the new app in subsequent updates.

5. On the issue of censorship, which has been one of Twitters bionic arm, we all know how Zuck products can be over censored, will he act differently with this new app? If no, which is the very likely option seeing that he is an establishment man,Twitter won't have anything to fear.

6. Musk just needs to reinvent Twitter a bit, relax some of his draconic policies.

Moreso, Twitter has never been a populist app, so those who have been using it before now will likely remain, most of those rushing into the new app are still those using Instagram which in time to come, they will revert to status quo antebellum.

Re: Thread V. Twitter Wars by RabbitGuy: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help, I Can I Order For Goods On Taobao, 1688, Pinduoduo Since I Can Not Unders / Office Movers And Packers In Dubai, UAE / Block Moulding Machine And Pallets For Sale In OMOKU, Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.