Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,932 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers (450 Views)

JAMB Best Candidate, Kamsiyochukwu Umeh, Arise TV Interview (Video, Photos) / Jamb Best Candidate Of The Year / JAMB: Best Score In First Batch Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by Ekakamba: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
The top-scoring candidate in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), Kamsiyochukwu Umeh Precious, alongside her teachers and two other students, will share a total ₦3.25 million reward package.

Cash rewards for Umeh, teachers and others
Umeofia, who announced the cash gift during an interview with The Punch, said the administrator of the school, the four subject teachers and two other best students of the school will also be rewarded.

Kamsiyochukwu Umeh from Anambra best candidate in 2023 UTME - JAMB
The school's Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and English teachers would get ₦100,000 each, while the school administrator, Pastor Eze Emmanuel, will smile to the bank with ₦200,000.

Another student of the school, Andrew Imoukhuede, who scored 355, would get ₦100,000, while the student that came third place in the school would get ₦50,000, The Punch reports.

Speaking on his reason for the gesture, the businessman noted that it was to encourage other students to strive for excellence in their studies.

“I am also doing this not because I have a lot, but because my father taught me that giving is the answer to long life and happiness. As this young girl has done well, we want other young ladies to do the same and reduce this country’s problem. The youths are our only hope in this country."

“I am happy that out of the 1.6 million students that sat the examination, she came first. My heart is gladdened. I am particularly happy because she came from Amish town, Nnewi South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

'Amish town was where the civil war ended, where (former president Olusegun) Obasanjo took the surrender of Biafra; that means we are a peace-loving town. People like me and this girl are projecting our village in good light. If we as parents have suffered to send our kids to school, they have to do something to make us happy,” He added.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/kamsiyochukwu-jamb-best-candidate-to-share-naira325m-reward-with-teachers/mvsj36k

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by Ekakamba: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Beauty with Brains! grin tongue
Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by ify84(m): 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good one.
Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by gialo: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
Beauty with Brain
Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by Ooni: 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good for her. Her teacher are prolly Ibos too. If I say my people are useless they will say I am criticizing Yoruba too harshly.
Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by Mercy2006(f): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ooni:
Good for her. Her teacher are prolly Ibos too. If I say my people are useless they will say I am criticizing Yoruba too harshly.
Your people are useless?
Ehnnn?
So those Yoruba students who scored above 350 were taught by aliens?
Your so called people are 6 out of the top ten this year
Yet they are useless?

Why are people like you always sowing tribal seeds of discord here?

In fact, you deserve to be shot,
Jesus!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by illicit(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Very fine girl
Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
School na still scam

1 Like

Re: JAMB Best Candidate To Share ₦3.25m Reward With Teachers by faceland: 2:14am On Jul 22, 2023
Merch:
School na still scam

In 1960 it wasn't but most parent would still hold that tradition that school would link to becoming great.

Anyway, congratulations to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkvEd_fZlN4

(1) (Reply)

Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmole By D.O Fagunwa. / Is Second Class Upper Still Possible? / Five Bedroom Duplex Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.