Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

After Death, Where Souls Or Spirits Of Men Dwell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Death, Where Souls Or Spirits Of Men Dwell (134 Views)

BEWARE ! :the Spirit Of Stagnation Is Connected To The Spirits Of Fear And Shame / Returning Souls Or Body Stealers: Can Dead People Return? / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After Death, Where Souls Or Spirits Of Men Dwell by PCHC(m): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2023
1 ENOCH 22 - {Ethiopic Enoch}

After Death, Where Souls or Spirits of Men Dwell

[Chapter Twenty-Two]

1. From thence I proceeded to another spot, where I saw on the west a great and lofty mountain, a strong rock, and four delightful places.

2. Internally it was deep, capacious, and very smooth; as smooth as if it had been rolled over: it was both deep and dark to behold.

3. Then Raphael, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered and said, These are the delightful places where the spirits, the souls of the dead, will be collected; for them were they formed; and here will be collected all the souls of the sons of men.

4. These places, in which they dwell, shall they occupy until the day of judgment, and until their appointed period.

5. Their appointed period will be long, even until the great judgment. And I saw the spirits of the sons of men who were dead; and their voices reached to heaven, while they were accusing.

6. Then I inquired of Raphael, an angel who was with me, and said, Whose spirit is that, the voice of which reaches to heaven, and accuses?

7. He answered, saying, This is the spirit of Abel, who was slain by Cain his brother; and who will accuse that brother, until his seed be destroyed from the face of the earth;

8. Until his seed perish from the seed of the human race.

9. At that time therefore I inquired respecting him, and respecting the general judgment, saying, Why is one separated from another? He answered, Three separations have been made between the spirits of the dead, and thus have the spirits of the righteous been separated.

10. Namely, by a chasm, by water, and by light above it.

11. And in the same way likewise are sinners separated when they die, and are buried in the earth; judgment not overtaking them in their lifetime.

12. Here their souls are separated. Moreover, abundant is their suffering until the time of the great judgment, the castigation, and the torment of those who eternally execrate, whose souls are punished and bound there for ever.

13. And thus has it been from the beginning of the world. Thus has there existed a separation between the souls of those who utter complaints, and of those who watch for their destruction, to slaughter them in the day of sinners.

14. A receptacle of this sort has been formed for the souls of unrighteous men, and of sinners; of those who have completed crime, and associated with the impious, whom they resemble. Their souls shall not be annihilated in the day of judgment, neither shall they arise from this place. Then I blessed God,

15. And said, Blessed be my Lord, the Lord of glory and of righteousness, who reigns over all for ever and for ever.

[1 Enoch 22:1] — From thence I proceeded to another spot, where I saw on the west a great and lofty mountain, a strong rock, and four delightful places.

Meaning Enoch moved away from the spot where he saw the Bottomless Pits, the Formless Hell or Tartarus, to travel far to another spot in the west before he saw these Four (4) Places within the Great, Lofty and Strong Mountain. Though that mountain was great and lofty, a strong rock, and there were four places with that great Mountain, it was only when Enoch journeyed or advanced to the spot in the West side that he could see both the great Mountain and the Places.

Generally, Places and Things exist in the spiritual realms, but one may have to travel or change locations to be able to see those things. Where you have been in that vast universe determine what you have seen and experienced, and can testify of its reality.

[1 Enoch 22:2] — Internally it was deep, capacious, and very smooth; as smooth as if it had been rolled over: it was both deep and dark to behold.

Describing the rooms inside it: Deep, Dark, Smooth and Spacious. Though Enoch stood at that spot from whence he beheld these, something in him went into it to know it was very deep, dark, very smooth and spacious, within.

[1 Enoch 22:3] — Then Raphael, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered and said, These are the delightful places where the spirits, the souls of the dead, will be collected; for them were they formed; and here will be collected all the souls of the sons of men.

The Holy Angel named Raphael, who was one of the conducting Archangels to Enoch, was the one who related those places or rooms as the "Reservoirs" or "Collectors" where the spirits and souls of the dead men and women are gathered. When people die on earth, usually their bodies are buried or not, but their souls and spirits do not move around like ghosts or roaming around like evil spirits/demons; rather the souls or spirits of the dead men or women are confined within one of those four places until the day appointed to them comes. Enoch did not die like other men, and so Enoch was never confined within any of those four places.

[1 Enoch 22:4] — These places, in which they dwell, shall they occupy until the day of judgment, and until their appointed period.

The confinement of the souls and spirits of the dead men, women and children, within those four places lasted to either of these two dates or periods:

*1* The Day of Judgment: — This is the appointed time to unrighteous men after death, if those dead men or souls were sinners or unrighteous without salvation.

*2* Their Appointed Periods: — These were the appointed times to righteous men after death, if those dead men or spirits are righteous, saints or saved by faith in the Son of God, Jesus.

[1 Enoch 22:5]
Their appointed period will be long, even until the great judgment. And I saw the spirits of the sons of men who were dead; and their voices reached to heaven, while they were accusing.

Unlike the souls of the unrighteous or sinners that must have their appointed day till the Day of Judgment, which is the last day; the spirits of the righteous or saints would not remain within those confinement or places till the Day of Judgment, because their own appointed periods were till the Lord (Jesus Christ) came to save or deliver them from there by the Resurrection from the Dead. They have appointment with the Savior, not with the Judge.

** Men like "Enoch and Elijah" never died literally, and so were never confined within any of those four places; for both their spirits and bodies were taken into heaven by translation.

** Men like "Moses and the Two Witnesses in Revelation 11" died but never buried by men, and they rose with their dead bodies to heaven without being confined within those four places.

** Many Dead Saints rose with their dead bodies during the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 27:52-53), including Adam and Eve.

** The rest of the Saints or Righteous, who did not rise from the dead with their dead bodies/bones, rose from the dead with the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ, while their own bodies are still remaining in their graves where they were buried until either the rapture or the First Resurrection at the beginning of the Millennium Reign.

For example, the spirit of David was raised together with the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, but the body (remains or bones) of David was still in the grave (Acts 2:29-34). Even so, the spirits of the righteous men after death are no longer confined within any of those four places, but are raised with or by the Body of the Lord Jesus Christ into heaven, while their own bodies are still in their graves on earth awaiting the physical resurrection, reuniting, quickening of their mortal bodies with immortality.

The spirits of Righteous men are made perfect on Mount Zion, not in any of the confinements anymore. As it is written,

[Hebrews 12:22-24 BLB] — "But you have come to Mount Zion, and the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, and to the assembly, to the church of the firstborn having been enrolled in the heavens, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous having been perfected, and to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkling of blood, speaking better things than that of Abel."

Which brings in my focusing on Abel, who's blood spoke while he was being dead. You saw in the Enoch Verse above Voices led by Abel's Voice reached heaven, while accusing and suing for vengeance against those who murdered or killed them on earth.

The Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ was different and better than the Blood of Abel, though both of them were declared righteous by God and both of them were murdered by men. The reason the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ was better than the Blood of Abel was because the crucified or murdered Jesus Christ spoke better things or was asking/praying for better things as compensation or rewards than those things the Abel was asking/petitioning for. The blood of Abel was speaking cursing and vengeance against Cain and his entire generations or seeds, because Cain prevented him (Abel) from having his own generations or descendants by cutting him off before he bore any seed on earth. On the other hand, though the Lord Jesus Christ too was cut off before He bore any seed or descendant on earth, yet His Blood is used as Cup of Blessings in holy communion and used as Sprinkling in remission of sins and in Passover against death, because of what He speaks in His Blood.

www.peterch.com

(1) (Reply)

HIJAB: The Dignified Adornment Of Beauty For Muslim Women / Rccg Sunday School Teacher's Manual / Wiseman Daniel Receives Presidential Reception As He Storm Zambia For Crusade (V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.