Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt (1551 Views)

Senate Building, University Of Portharcourt. / 300 Level UNICAL Student Dies In Her Sleep / Omo Al Qalam University No Be Here, See 400 Level Questions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by sundayoga(m): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
Kindly check the 300 level questions at University of Portharcourt, the department of Electronical/Electronic Engineering.
Question two is something else

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by selio: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
Something for one that did not study. It's a very simple stuff

4 Likes

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by JustDgood: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Simple questions

1 Like

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by sageb: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
sundayoga:
Kindly check the 300 level questions at University of Portharcourt, the department of Electronical/Electronic Engineering.

Unique Uniport Elect/Elect
Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by naturalwaves: 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
The questions are so simple though. What level is this. I think they're watery. This should be for 100 level, right ? Questions only test knowledge domain. Draw this, draw that, calculate this, find this. With just the right formulas , any serious student will trash those with a sound A. Also, the time alloted to the questions was not shown. There may be enough time.
Edit: I just saw it is for 300 level. In that case, question doesn't appear to be standard .

2 Likes

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by sundayoga(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
naturalwaves:
The questions are so simple though. What level is this. I think they're watery. This should be for 100 level, right ? Questions only test knowledge domain. Draw this, draw that, calculate this, find this. With just the right formulas , any serious student will trash those with a sound A. Also, the time alloted to the questions was not shown. There may be enough time.
Only if you were in Electronic Engineering. Those little questions you are seeing if properly answered are enough to write text book. Lol

1 Like

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by naturalwaves: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
sundayoga:

Only if you were in Electronic Engineering. Those little questions you are seeing if properly answered are enough to write text book. Lol
I get your view but these sort of testing is not good .
I teach and if this set of questions is subject to analysis , it will fail. How can Nigeria progress with this level of academic testing? No mentally challenging question nor deep thinking question. Why ask someone to calculate useless things when a computer program can simply be written to automate those calculations. The world has moved beyond all these kind of manual things. What's the point in calculating all these manually when a model or program can be written and developed to provide these figures irrespective of the variables?

4 Likes

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by Fourteen90: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
sundayoga:
All of Una just dey say simple stuff, if them give Una exam now, Una go come dey look ceiling. for those of us wey no go school, my brother the question eee deep, I no go lie, eee just be like India film wey them no translate

2 Likes

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by stanisbaratheon: 6:10am On Jul 11, 2023
naturalwaves:

I teach and if this set of questions is subject to analysis , it will fail. How can Nigeria progress with this level of academic testing? No mentally challenging question nor deep thinking question. Why ask someone to calculate useless things when a computer program can simply be written to automate those calculations. The world has moved beyond all these kind of manual things. What's the point in calculating all these manually when a model or program can be written and developed to provide these figures irrespective of the variables?

Well, from engineering point of view, one needs to know how to manually obtain certain quantities due to the fact that computer is garbage in garbage out (GIGO). In other words, how can one verify the output of a computer programme if he or she doesn't know how to obtain such output manually? And then you wonder why buildings are collapsing every day in Lagos.
Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by naturalwaves: 6:39am On Jul 11, 2023
stanisbaratheon:

Well, from engineering point of view, one needs to know how to manually obtain certain quantities due to the fact that computer is garbage in garbage out (GIGO). In other words, how can one verify the output of a computer programme if he or she doesn't know how to obtain such output manually? And then you wonder why buildings are collapsing every day in Lagos.
The logic of the program will be tested when it is written . We all know that they do not even do all these things . It is just to calculate and calculate. Like I said, the world has moved on . There is no big deal about the calculations that it requires serious verification. Give me the formula, let me automate one of them for you.
Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by stanisbaratheon: 6:48am On Jul 11, 2023
naturalwaves:

The logic of the program will be tested when it is written . We all know that they do not even do all these things . It is just to calculate and calculate. Like I said, the world has moved on . There is no big deal about the calculations that it requires serious verification. Give me the formula, let me automate one of them for you.

As a structural engineer, I still insist that one needs to gets a proper understanding of manual calculations before even using any software.

Yes I agree that these softwares makes things easier and faster, but there has to be a window of checks to have that balance between the actual and the generated.

I have done designs for clients where manual calculation sheets were requested by the clients. Now how do you produce these calculations when you don't have the theoretical background?
Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by naturalwaves: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
stanisbaratheon:

As a structural engineer, I still insist that one needs to gets a proper understanding of manual calculations before even using any software.

Yes I agree that these softwares makes things easier and faster, but there has to be a window of checks to have that balance between the actual and the generated.

I have done designs for clients where manual calculation sheets were requested by the clients. Now how do you produce these calculations when you don't have the theoretical background?
I agree with you as humans would be the one to automate the process. You cannot give what you don't have. Asking for an automation solves two things :
1. A knowledge of the theory
2. Advanced knowledge of the logic.

Away from all these, Nigerian university education needs a serious revamping.

1 Like

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by stanisbaratheon: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
naturalwaves:

I agree with you as humans would be the one to automate the process. You cannot give what you don't have. Asking for an automation solves two things :
1. A knowledge of the theory
2. Advanced knowledge of the logic.

Away from all these, Nigerian university education needs a serious revamping.

Absolutely.

1 Like

Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by AntiTerrorist: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
naturalwaves:

Nigeria is 100 years behind. That's why our universities will continue to produce employees instead of employers.
Re: Checkout 300 Level Questions At University Of Portharcourt by naturalwaves: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Nigeria is 100 years behind. That's why our universities will continue to produce employees instead of employers.
Exactly.
......and lecturing is one of fields where lecturers dish out trash without queries nor explanation. More than 50% of lecturers taking sciences do not even understand what they teach to start with.

(1) (Reply)

Abu Zaria What's Up / How To Solve Mathematics Online, Jamb,polyjamb,waec,neco / Any Infor On N.o.u.n Admission List For 2010 Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.