Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) (530 Views)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) / Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) by yusufdayo1: 12:56am On Jul 12, 2023
Tragedy has struck again at Mount Everest
with the deaths of six people, including five Mexicans.
Tens of thousands of tourists and climbers visit the world's biggest mountain every year, but safety is never guaranteed.
Naturally, climbing the mountain comes with serious risks, with between five and 10 people dying every year on the mountain, on average. But the latest tragedy has come due to a helicopter crash near the famous site.
According to local police, the helicopter had begun its journey back to Kathmandu and was last tracked at 12,000 feet at 10.13am on July 11 after a private commercial tour flight when it crashed, killing all six people on board.
Along with a Nepali pilot, Captain Chet Bahadur Gurung , five members of a Mexican family were on board, having boarded the helicopter for a tour of the mountain.
Following a search by local authorities, all six bodies were recovered and pronounced dead at the scene, with bad weather to blame, according to local police.
The members of the Mexican family have been confirmed, according to MyRepublica, as
Sifuentes G. Fernando (95), Sifuentes Rincon Ismail (98), Sifuentes Gongalez Abril (72),
Gongalez Olacio Luz (65) and Sifuentes G. Maria Jese (52).
Police statement and crash details
A senior official at TIA explained that a loud bang was heard at the crash site, with fire also visible immediately after.
"The locals discovered the crashed helicopter at Chihandanda," said rural municipality deputy chair Nwang Lhakpa.
The tourist and mountaineering season at Mount Everest finished in May, with helicopter and other tours less common at this time of year due to poor conditions and unpredictable weather.
Manang Air, which has been in operation since 1997, is said to be the airline that operated the ill-fated tour.
A Daily Excelsior report states: "The company provides chartered services and is focused on personalised services such as adventure flights, helicopter excursions or expedition work."
Source; https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/world-news/2023/07/11/64ada033e2704ec33c8b4576.html
Re: Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) by otipoju(m): 1:16am On Jul 12, 2023
I can't fly with ALL my family on the same vehicle
Re: Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) by abibox02: 1:23am On Jul 12, 2023
R.I.P
Re: Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) by Wawelexy(m): 3:55am On Jul 12, 2023
My I know very well that hunger doesn't kill .... People will just be using their money to buy their own death.

RIP
Re: Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 12, 2023
otipoju:
I can't fly with ALL my family on the same vehicle
This has been my dad's policy, we can be more than two on same trip lailai he go pursue you go house.
Re: Six People Confirmed Dead After Helicopter Crash Near Mount Everest (pics) by Ihateheadslamer: 5:30am On Jul 12, 2023
Pishure or....

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Migrants Are Crossing Southern Border Into United States / Relocating To Delta State / Female Voice Over Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.