Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

I Love You "Too" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Love You "Too" (147 Views)

Recite This Poem To Your Woman And She Would Love You More / I Love You, But I Am Guilty. / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Love You "Too" by Penshalom(f): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2023
I picked up my phone once again to call, this would be the 10th time, yes, I counted. I know it’s too much but I’m too nervous to stop calling. I just needed to hear the truth from him directly. The picture I stumbled on on Instagram, could it be real?
I shook my head in denial.
“Ko possible” I whispered to myself.
He didn’t pick up again but with shaky hands, I dialled his number again and this time he picked up the call.
“Hello,” He said into the phone.
My heart jumped. “Gbenga” I called out his name.
“What’s up?” He replied in a bored tone.
I ignored it. “I’m alright”. I said.
“That’s good. Sorry I missed your calls I was in a meeting on Zoom”.
“Oh”. I played with my fingers and we were quiet for a while.
“What’s up Moji, why did you call? Hope all is well?”
“I think so,” I whispered audibly.
“So, I was on Instagram today when I stumbled on a picture,” I said.
“Okay… What picture?”
“That’s the funny and crazy thing. It looked like a pre-wedding photo shoot and the guy in the picture looked so much like you. I read the comments and I saw people were congratulating the couple and you were tagged in some comments. Gbenga, I’m a little confused.”
He was quiet for a while and my eyes brimmed with tears dreading the obvious truth.
“I’m sorry Moji that I did not tell you and you had to find out that way.”
A tear dropped.
“Find what out?” I croaked.
“Me getting married. I should have told you, we are close friends”.
Friends? Did he just call us friends?
” Friends? Gbenga, we are friends?”
“Yes now”.
” Gbenga, so we’ve been friends all this while. Wow”
” I don’t understand you Moji”.
“How could you? Gbenga, how could you?”
“Wait, what did I do? Is this because I didn’t tell you about my wedding? I already apologized. I can explain.”
“Will you shut it!!! So, all this while, the times you took me out, the days you came to visit, the calls, meeting your parents, being into my matter, giving me gifts. They were just a show of friendship?” I shouted. I felt hot inside.
“You have been planning a wedding with another lady while doing all those with me. You are quite the busy guy, aren’t you?”
“But Moji I don’t understand, if we were not friends then what were we? Is there anything wrong with being friendly with a friend? Besides, I don’t remember asking you out or anything.”
I opened my mouth in shock. This is a rude shock.
” Congratulations Gbenga. I wish you the best” I hung up the call.
I dropped the phone on the table and mulled over what he said. Truthfully, he never asked me out, that justified him. I was just in over my head. I was in cloud 9 but I was alone there. All my dreams about us shattered in my eyes. The time I wasted with him, how will I recover it? I cried silently regretting deeply that I never defined the relationship.

Penshalom

PS: I will love to see your comments🥰.

Also, feel free to share. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Rising Tides of Justice: Nigeria's Path to Redemption / Unbound Hearts: A Journey Of Freedom, Self-discovery, And Unconventional Love. / 20 Helpful Tips For Writing A Dissertation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.