Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? (275 Views)

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by fineboynl(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
No matter the money any man invest with African woman, Be it business or career wise. They are never self sustaining. In all the case the man still have to sponsor them even the shameful part still paying their shop rent.

The question is what support do a man has and who is sponsoring him? Why cant this gender be self sustaining for once? Who do African woman this thing?
Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by Balablue64: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Jennyclay
Ahnie
Siofra
Candidlady

These women be looking at you like what's he saying?
Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by advanceDNA: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Table shaker grin

The sad part is.... some women see nothing wrong in not being able to manage a business without a man or even several men, paying continuously to keep the business alive...in fact, for men to keep paying to restock or pay for rent is their own sign of success....

Baba...the key na to date date woman wey get sense, u go don know them right from dating stage......

babe wey go fit manage small business to point of break-even and self sustainability will not conveniently demand for 25k food in a eatry when her profit in a week no reach 15k and her entire business portfolio no pass 200bar...

...u see all those babes wey don date yahoo boys.......lol....business is just 3 things to them, hobby, a means of show of on instagram, and a point for meeting other men.....u dont enter one chance if u date them without plus-plus ....na them go ruin you....
Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Reminds me of this other couple back home... They're both carpenters... There was a time my parents wanted to do few renovations to the house and this man came with his wife, I thought she had just accompanied him.

I was surprised when she started taking out the tools they'll be using and helping her husband take some measurements... I was like "so you guys work together?" she laughed and said "yes"... This woman was not wearing any makeup or any fancy clothes, but she's so beautiful and has got a beautiful body figure.

I was kinda surprised because I've never seen a female carpenter before, especially the one who works with her husband... I really admired the couple and I somehow found the whole thing to be cute.

I respected the husband for not looking down on his wife by thinking that carpentry is only for men, and I liked the fact that the woman was able to learn the job and work with her husband without minding what people will say... At the end of the day, they'll share their profit in peace knowing that they both worked for it.

5 Likes

Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by NoToPile: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
Maybe it the women you have had encounter with.

4 Likes

Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by Purvan(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
Except say you day mingle with low budget broke ass bichs

You never jam correct working class babe way love you truly

Omo she go spend plenty for your head

My guy babe no single day she no day gift am presents and the presents na top notch stuffs
My guy sef na rich kid ( person way work for faang )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by Childfree: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Samantha124:
Reminds me of this other couple back home... They're both carpenters... There was a time my parents wanted to do few renovations to the house and this man came with his wife, I thought she had just accompanied him.

I was surprised when she started taking out the tools they'll be using and helping her husband take some measurements... I was like "so you guys work together?" she laughed and said "yes"... This woman was not wearing any makeup or any fancy clothes, but she's so beautiful and has got a beautiful body figure.

I was kinda surprised because I've never seen a female carpenter before, especially the one who works with her husband... I really admired the couple and I somehow found the whole thing to be cute.

I respected the husband for not looking down on his wife by thinking that carpentry is only for men, and I liked the fact that the woman was able to learn the job and work with her husband without minding what people will say... At the end of the day, they'll share their profit in peace knowing that they both worked for it.

Definitely not in Nigeria.
I don't think the average Nigerian would agree or allow his wife to follow him while doing work such as carpentry. Lol

But still you might find some business owners who's wives also help in running the man's business.
Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by Childfree: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
fineboynl:
No matter the money any man invest with African woman, Be it business or career wise. They are never self sustaining. In all the case the man still have to sponsor them even the shameful part still paying their shop rent.

The question is what support do a man has and who is sponsoring him? Why cant this gender be self sustaining for once? Who do African woman this thing?

You guys took it upon yourselves as the donkeys who works and provide for them. Why should they waste their energies to work?

Even during relationships, you guys see it as your duty to cater and take responsibility of the girls. Why wouldn't they become reluctant and lazy since there is a maga who is always and ever ready to pay for their everything?

The man has no support hence he does it himself.

The woman has a maga so why bother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by Zupay: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
fineboynl:

Stop generalizing!

How many African countries have you been to and observed their women from different tribes run businesses, that you dey open they tag African women?

Have you ever gone to the textile section of Balogun market in Lagos, where there are many shops owned by Yoruba women who inherited the business from their mothers?

2 Likes

Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by sageb: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
Samantha124:

Really?
She's working for love.
Two heads/couple are better than one/only Husband working.
Re: Why It’s So Difficult For African Women To Be Self Sustaining? by Biglittlelois(f): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
It seems Op has gone to the nooks and cranny of Africa to generalise about African women, weird.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Student Shares Her Mom’s Reaction To A Pregnancy Prank. / Earn $15 for watching a comedy skit, music video or Nollywood film / Your Dream Laptop Is Here At Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.