Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,682 members, 7,816,787 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

My Aproko Chicken - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Aproko Chicken (595 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Aproko Chicken by Foodqueen(f): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
My aproko chicken.

I av been rearing chicken in my compound for consumption for the past six years before I decided to monetize it last year.

I av been able to understand when chicken cluck for food. When they are searching for each other, but never really know that they use it for communication too.

The first sets of chick I bot this year, I particularly took note of a cockerel, cos it was small and was exceptionally smart.

I bot cartoon of broiler, 5pieces of cockerel and 2 turkey.

I kept two cockerel and the two turkey to be roaming the compound and picking left overs.

I took interest in the smallest cockerel cos I observed that even though,it was small, it was the smartest among my chick even as at two weeks. They will be 3 months this month.

Unlike the turkeys that do come to the entrance of my shop sometimes, the cockerels really never came.

Some days ago,the cockerel came to the entrance of my shop and was clucking repeatedly in a sound I av never really heard before.

Immediately, I knew it was trying to communicate. I stood up and I immediately went to check where i put my broilers, I discovered one of the turkey was inside the broilers room. I drove it out.

Yesterday, it came again clucking repeatedly, I went outside and discovered one of the broiler was struck in between the door and was in distress.

I rescued it and it's fine now.

I never really taken note of chick like this.

I am not sure, I am ever killing this chicken o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Aproko Chicken by LikeAking: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
The turkey will give you problem small..

Dem posses..

Don't understand estimate them, they are great excape artist.
Re: My Aproko Chicken by Foodqueen(f): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
LikeAking:

Dem posses..

Explain further pls....
Re: My Aproko Chicken by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
Av u written a book in how to start this biz

Am interested

Re: My Aproko Chicken by Foodqueen(f): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
LikeAking:

Dem posses..

I don't want to cage my turkeys.

One of them flew on the roof today.

Is that a sign that it might fly away and never come back.

Besides, they will be three months and I can even detect their sexes yet🙄
Re: My Aproko Chicken by LikeAking: 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
Foodqueen:

I don't want to cage my turkeys.

One of them flew on the roof today.

Is that a sign that it might fly away and never come back.

Besides, they will be three months and I can even detect their sexes yet🙄

That's their nature..

Never under estimate them.

They are also great excape artist..

They won't fly away and never come back, it's your bad neighbors who will kill and eat them, when they tresspass.

Keep an eye on them

Good luck.
Re: My Aproko Chicken by DRPAIT123(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
Foodqueen:
My aproko chicken.

I av been rearing chicken in my compound for consumption for the past six years before I decided to monetize it last year.

I av been able to understand when chicken cluck for food. When they are searching for each other, but never really know that they use it for communication too.

The first sets of chick I bot this year, I particularly took note of a cockerel, cos it was small and was exceptionally smart.

I bot cartoon of broiler, 5pieces of cockerel and 2 turkey.

I kept two cockerel and the two turkey to be roaming the compound and picking left overs.

I took interest in the smallest cockerel cos I observed that even though,it was small, it was the smartest among my chick even as at two weeks. They will be 3 months this month.

Unlike the turkeys that do come to the entrance of my shop sometimes, the cockerels really never came.

Some days ago,the cockerel came to the entrance of my shop and was clucking repeatedly in a sound I av never really heard before.

Immediately, I knew it was trying to communicate. I stood up and I immediately went to check where i put my broilers, I discovered one of the turkey was inside the broilers room. I drove it out.

Yesterday, it came again clucking repeatedly, I went outside and discovered one of the broiler was struck in between the door and was in distress.

I rescued it and it's fine now.

I never really taken note of chick like this.

I am not sure, I am ever killing this chicken o.

You must be an animal lover to be so meticulous about their sounds and what they represent. I believe I'm one too. And maybe someday I would became a vegan cos my love for animals grows everyday.
But for now, I still heavily salivate at the sight of grilled chicken. smiley wink
Re: My Aproko Chicken by spinna: 12:55am On Aug 01, 2023
LikeAking:

That's their nature..

Never under estimate them.

They are also great excape artist..

They won't fly away and never come back, it's your bad neighbors who will kill and eat them, when they tresspass.

Keep an eye on them

Good luck.

Lol you just took me back to my childhood one xmas period when i was harrassing a turkey gifted to us and it ended up jumping the fence..it was eventually retrieved but fear wey catch me ehn.. can't remember if I was punished though lol

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Birds Price Update Whatsapp Group. / 2700 Farmers To Benefit From GES –“poultry Value Chain” Boost / Catfish Fingerlings Sales Always Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.