Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister (508 Views)

Nigerian Man Kills Himself During Police Chase After Shooting His Wife And Mom / Man Withdrew ₦750k From Victim's Account After Shooting His Eye In Abia / 38-Year-Old Man Caught Raping A 13-Year-Old Girl In Opolo, Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister by Welovetruecrime(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2023
A Ghanaian man residing in Worcester, Massachusetts, named Kwabena Amoateng, has been apprehended by local police after shooting his mother and sister. The incident led to a 13-hour standoff between Amoateng and law enforcement before he was eventually subdued.

Reports indicate that the 24-year-old suspect, who had previously attended Wenchi SHS in the Western Region, lived with his family on Colby Avenue in Worcester.

On July 7th, 2023, at approximately 8:38 AM, Worcester Police received a dispatch to a domestic disturbance at the Colby Ave address. It was reported that a male had shot two family members but fled the scene before the arrival of the police.

Upon reaching the location, officers engaged with a family member present at the scene. They spotted the 24-year-old male suspect outside the residence, visibly carrying a handgun.

The officers ordered him to get on the ground, to which he initially complied. However, he suddenly stood up, fired shots at the officers, and sought refuge inside the house.

Once the officers confirmed that the victims were safely out of the house and that the suspect was alone, they established a perimeter around the residence. Neighboring residents were evacuated, and others were informed of the situation through reverse 911.

The Worcester Police Hostage Negotiation Team, SWAT Team, K9 Unit, drone operators, and a Mobile Crisis mental health clinician were called to the scene. Over the course of approximately thirteen hours, officers attempted to persuade the suspect to surrender peacefully.

Hostage negotiators made repeated efforts to establish communication, aerial video footage from the drone proved valuable, and SWAT officers maintained the perimeter. Worcester Paramedics and Firefighters remained on standby.

During the incident, the suspect fired his handgun at officers on multiple occasions, prompting the officers to return fire. Eventually, around 9:30 PM, the suspect cautiously stepped out from the rear of the residence and was apprehended with the assistance of a K9 unit.

He received medical treatment from paramedics, was taken into custody, and subsequently transported to the hospital.

All individuals involved, including the victims and the suspect, received medical attention at the hospital and are expected to recover.

The suspect now faces numerous serious charges and will be presented before the court.

Chief Steven Sargent expressed gratitude to CEMLEC, Auburn PD, Fire Department, and Worcester EMS for their invaluable assistance during the prolonged incident.

He also acknowledged the cooperation and support of the neighbors, emphasizing their patience and aid.

City Manager Eric Batista commended the men and women of the Worcester Police Department for their preparedness and professionalism in responding to critical incidents, underscoring the importance of having well-trained public safety officials.

https://www.truecrimeavenue.com/2023/07/tragic-shooting-in-massachusetts.html
Re: Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister by talented321: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
Re: Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister by Sablexxxtoons: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
HmmmU go hear am ... Shooting at the cops
Re: Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister by Ever8090: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Shoot your own mother and sister!!...things dey happen for this life oooo....d day j lost my mum remains the most painful and terrifying day of my life, and someone just killed his, by his own hand.
Touch my sister and I will come after you like an angry lion, and someone just killed his by his own hand!...
Hmmmmm
Re: Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister by Welovetruecrime(m): 3:53am On Jul 13, 2023
I swear. Some stories are just unbelievable.
Ever8090:
Shoot your own mother and sister!!...things dey happen for this life oooo....d day j lost my mum remains the most painful and terrifying day of my life, and someone just killed his, by his own hand.
Touch my sister and I will come after you like an angry lion, and someone just killed his by his own hand!...
Hmmmmm
Re: Ghanaian Man Arrested After A 13-hours Seige, For Shooting His Mother And Sister by Welovetruecrime(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
I dey tell you
Sablexxxtoons:
HmmmU go hear am ... Shooting at the cops

(1) (Reply)

Young Man Nabbed After Attempting To Buy A Car With A Fake Alert In Lagos / How Tinubu Should Treat Fulani Herdsmen To End Insecurity – Oluwo / Army Arres$ts Sùspected K!dnapper, Salisu Dangani After Gun Duel In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.