Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Why - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why (1533 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why by kokoye(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
Why should some people be born blind?

Why should some be born as vegetables?

Why should some be born with down syndrome, williams syndrome, etc?

Why should some 'good' people develop cancer . . without cause?

why should some be born with leukemia?

Why?

just thinking aloud
Re: Why by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
BECAUSE.
Re: Why by kokoye(m): 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2011
Why should some kids be born with cleft palate??
Re: Why by thehomer: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2011
kokoye:

Why should some people be born blind?

Why should some be born as vegetables?

Why should some be born with down syndrome, williams syndrome, etc?

Why should some 'good' people develop cancer . . without cause?

why should some be born with leukemia?

Why?

just thinking aloud

Maybe the intelligent designer is poor at his job.
Re: Why by Image123(m): 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2011
Because of sin.
Re: Why by kokoye(m): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^^

Whose sin?

The sin of the world or that of the unborn child?

who deserves it?
Re: Why by maclatunji: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2011
Because it is the will of the creator that they be such. It is like asking why do lions hunt Zebras when Zebras eat grass? Can't the Lions also live on grass?
Re: Why by kokoye(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
Who deserves it.

Why are some allowed to be at peace and some wallow in pain for no just reason?

No one knows. But it sure does raise questions

'The wages of sin is death'

So why are some unborn kids condemmed to death before being born. . . and some actually sinners are able to plead and be forgiven??

Is cancer / down syndrome / cleft palate a wage of sin?
Re: Why by Image123(m): 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2011
kokoye:

^^^

Whose sin?

The sin of the world or that of the unborn child?

who deserves it?
The sin of mankind. We're 'all' going to die BTW whether you die slow or fast, or young or old. What matters more is where we go after death. And to glorify God while we live here on earth, whether we spend 5years or 500years.
Re: Why by PastorKun(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2011
@Image123
Animals are also born deformed, would you also attribute there condition to sin?
Re: Why by kokoye(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2011
^^^

The sin of animalkind . . maybe
Re: Why by kokoye(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
Image123:

The sin of mankind. We're 'all' going to die BTW whether you die slow or fast, or young or old. What matters more is where we go after death. And to glorify God while we live here on earth, whether we spend 5years or 500years.

The sin of mankind. 

I never said anything about death by the way.

So why should some people be born able but some deformed.

why should some people develop cancer along the way (even while glorifying God) and have to deal with the pain?

Does the sin of mankind not apply to everyone?

Does the sin of mankind choose who to deal with?

_______

I know some may feel these questions should not be asked.

But . . .why cant they . . or why shouldnt they??
Re: Why by Image123(m): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2011
^Man's sin has paved way for sickness, death and pain in the world. I'm not referring to the particular individual who's sick's sin but mankind from Adam. And it affects all and any because we're all here together, man and animal. It's like someone burning something on your street or constructing a bad road. The consequence like catarrh or accident may affect others even ahead/aside the culprit.
Re: Why by mazaje(m): 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2011
Image123:

^Man's sin has paved way for sickness, death and pain in the world. I'm not referring to the particular individual who's sick's sin but mankind from Adam. And it affects all and any because we're all here together, man and animal. It's like someone burning something on your street or constructing a bad road. The consequence like catarrh or accident may affect others even ahead/aside the culprit.

So man's sin is also responsible for animal sickness, eh?. . .Interesting. . .I thought the same God is believed to heal sickness when people pray to him and ask for healing, why not do away with it in the first place?. .
Re: Why by Image123(m): 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
mazaje:

So man's sin is also responsible for animal sickness, eh?. . .Interesting. . .I thought the same God is believed to heal sickness when people pray to him and ask for healing, why not do away with it in the first place?. .
Yes, man's sin has paved way for sickness, pain and death. In the new Heaven and earth, there'll be no more sickness or sorrow as was the original plan.
There are no miracles/healing of sickness in Heaven, it's here all those one is needed. That's why it baffles or saddens some of us when that's all some christians live/rejoice over. God heals when we pray but that's not primary. This world is condemned already, we're not repairing it. God's going to destroy it.
Re: Why by logic101: 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
“Show me a population that is deeply religious, and I will show you a servile population, content with whips and chains, contumely and the gibbet, content to eat the bread of sorrow and drink the waters of affliction. The present condition of the Negroes of America is a touching bit of testimony to the truth of this assertion. Here in America the spirit of the Negro has been transformed by three centuries of subjection, physical and mental, so that they have even glorified the fact of subjection and subservience.”
― Hubert H. Harrison
Re: Why by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2011
Image123:

Dogma numbs the brain!

Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.
Jobs

>>>>>especially when the dogma is just plain silly. Punishing helpless children with deformities because two people who didn't know better ate a fruit. Talk about mindless bunk.

@Op
S#@$ happens. Some of these things are man made but most are just nature being imperfect.
Re: Why by Image123(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2011
^
And your answer is that $ happens, and that we should not live on the results of other people's thinking? Your low self esteem and racism is appaling. i guess you personally thought up your computer and nl and transportation. The world is going to perish, only they that believe in Jesus would not perish but have everlasting life.
Re: Why by bright007(f): 6:42am On Oct 07, 2011
*why will u have å human being having both male $ female genital organs?ŵĥŷ?
Re: Why by God2man(m): 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
Why do righteous people suffer and evil people prosper to the extent of having more than enough? Why? There are answers to all" why"s. God said he will visit the iniquity from first Generation to the fourth Generation. What about curses? God cannot be explained with our limited brain. We need divine revelation to know the deep things about the mysteries surrouding us everyday. Do you know that trees praise God? Only the deep calleth into the deep. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Why by mazaje(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2011
God2man:

Why do righteous people suffer and evil people prosper to the extent of having more than enough? Why? There are answers to all" why"s. God said he will visit the iniquity from first Generation to the fourth Generation. What about curses? God cannot be explained with our limited brain. We need divine revelation to know the deep things about the mysteries surrouding us everyday. Do you know that trees praise God? Only the deep calleth into the deep. God bless you. God2man.

So what is your divine explanations for all the whys?. . . .
Re: Why by mazaje(m): 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
Image123:

^
And your answer is that $ happens, and that we should not live on the results of other people's thinking? Your low self esteem and racism is appaling. i guess you personally thought up your computer and nl and transportation. The world is going to perish, only they that believe in Jesus would not perish but have everlasting life.

Aren't you just repeating what you have been indoctrinated with? How do you know that you are not going to end up in hell because you don't believe in Allah?. . . .
Re: Why by zataxs: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2011
animals deep in the sea where no human are reached a born with deformities because of adam's apple? and yet, they don't even know we exist? this is fundamentally flawed!
Re: Why by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2011
mazaje:

So what is your divine explanations for all the whys?. . . .

A man who has no clue as to how he came into existence and yet considers himself wise, hahaha.    grin
Re: Why by zataxs: 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Image123 Christians love doom and spreading fear, perish, die, burn, suffer, hell, these are the key words in a Christian's day's life
Re: Why by zataxs: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2011
@frosbel  a man thinks that a woman was created from a man's rib and yet we have the same number of ribs,  says that he knows how we came into being. that we does not assume but knows without any shadow of doubt.
Re: Why by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
i wonder why "atheists" like zataxs ask questions but NEVER return when those "questions" are thoroughly exposed for the empty propaganda they truly are.
Re: Why by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
Image123:

^

Yes, S#$% happens. I'm not going to go look up and make a list of all the known medical reasons and gene mutations that cause these deformities but they can easily be explained without recourse to your original sin dogma. Man made factors like illegal toxic waste disposal and other types of pollution also play huge roles. I don't know how you arrived at your low self esteem and racism conclusion but that's your opinion.

About the world perishing and Jesus Club being the only survivors, I'll let our esteemed muslim senior citizen Sweetnecta threaten you with muslim hell in due time. But if you keep threatening me with christian hell, I'll send Barney's evil twin to torment you.

Re: Why by zataxs: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2011
@davidylan what is your question?
Re: Why by Image123(m): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
mazaje:

Aren't you just repeating what you have been indoctrinated with? How do you know that you are not going to end up in hell because you don't believe in Allah?. . . .

No, i'm simply repeating the words of Jesus in John3v16. What gives you the impression that i don't believe in allah?
Re: Why by Image123(m): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2011
zataxs:

animals deep in the sea where no human are reached a born with deformities because of adam's apple? and yet, they don't even know we exist? this is fundamentally flawed!
Don't know what you mean by adam's apple but there's nothing fundamentally flawed when we notice that Adam was given charge/dominion of the whole earth AND every living thing in the earth. Something/someone doesn't need to know you to be affected by you. You go set fire on your street and see if it only burns your property and nothing else, then come talk about fundamental flaws, lecturer.
Re: Why by Image123(m): 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2011
zataxs:

@Image123 Christians love doom and spreading fear, perish, die, burn, suffer, hell, these are the key words in a Christian's day's life
You don't seem to know too many christians then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TB Joshua Instructs Refund Of $100 Registration Fee!!! / Who Love Jesus (Prophet Isa) More, Muslims Or Christians? / Pastor E. A. Adeboye's 2013 Prophecy And Current Happenings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.