Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words (1221 Views)

Mentor Me In Kindle And Take My First 60,000 Naira / Writer Wanted for 10,000 Words Content [Closed] / Ebook Writer Needed - 20,000 Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 7:41am On Jul 14, 2023
The use of Ai checking tools has not been perfected yet. We are just getting to explore the benefits of softwares on the surface level across many industries..

Now is it right for clients to become very assuming based on ai checks conducted on articles when these softwares are yet to become precise in detecting software written articles.

If you write 100 articles manually and run them through ai detectors, they will flag atleast 98 of them as software written material.

This brings me to my dilemma everyone. I entered into an agreement to write three projects for a client.

Meanwhile before now, I've produced over 50 ebooks over the past four years for various clients who publish them on different platforms from Amazon to the likes.

Now, a client on the forum hired me and my team to write ebooks, I delivered the first only for him to say he will pay for it and throw the other two away because my team and I used AI. Note, there's no proof Meanwhile I asked him to run daily checks so I submit as we write 2,000 words per day from the onset he refused

How can I write 60,000 words spent my blood, sweat, brain, energy only to have a client saying he's refusing the work based on flimsy excuses without proof

I have produced articles and contents for many clients on this forum and a few know me and would testify I never use AI in writing for them. This is what a fellow Nigerian is doing to another Nigerian.

Imagine the pain, energy, suffer that goes into the production of these works, for a person to tell me that he won't pay for his work.Just Imagine

Meanwhile we didn't enter into any engagement that I have to produce ai reports for the projects because if we did, I would use a premium ai checker and would charge atleast twice the amount he paid for the work, hence the talks of ai checks and detections should not arise.

Regular writings and writing with proof of ai checks are not the same rates and the debate should not even come up. This is the dilemma I face presently Nairalanders

I have plunged myself into a 150,000 Naira debt. Cause how would I assemble my team, young guys and girls trying to build their lives and fee them with stories in this hard economy.. I told this same client before I started lets establish modalities for your insecurities about ai in writing before we started he kept mute. Let me submit the writing daily, he refused. Let me send it after like 5-10k words, he refused.

Nairalanders is it right for me to be treated this badly. Is it right for.me.to take work only to be plunged into debts especially by another Nairalander. Is this right ?

I have notified him to highlight any sections he wants revisions or get an editor for proofreading if you feel unconvinced and then highlight the sections he wants rewritten in yellow then I'll perform the edits. He completely refused. I'm not new to this industry na

Is it right for us to treat ourselves this way as Nigerians and Nairalanders ?

If a client says that I will be hiring Yu and would confirm that you did not use an AI, it is different from when a client is saying I am hiring you to write and to ensure it passes AI. It's two different times altogether, because for the latter, one would have to rewrite and rewrote and rewrite almost ten times and as such Absolute writing to fully pass ai is not the same as regular writing.

Writing to pass ai is charged very serious fee, and not our typical 3 Naira per word.

Nigerians have I not subjected myself to debts and suffer. Chai. Before I will raise the 150k to pay people who worked with me I will be brought here and labelled as a scammer whereas I've been thrown into an unfavorable situation by circumstances I am innocent of

I've never seen any writing software before nor downloaded one in my entire life. I have a high ranking profile on an international website. How can I be treated this badly by a fellow Nigerian. Just how

I have over 3,000 articles in my portfolio. I've never seen t
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 7:41am On Jul 14, 2023
Cc

Divepen1

Obinnau

I have been scammed

Dominique

Mynd44

Tabbaz
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 7:44am On Jul 14, 2023
Asides from not being paid because the projects were written by my team I've been thrown into sudden debts almost 120,000 Naira. For what I didn't earn a penny from and I didn't do any wrong
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2023
I have over 3,000 articles in my portfolio. I've never seen the interact of any rewriting or software for writing contents. How do I find myself where I am

We treat ourselves too poorly as Nigerians. Way too poorly

Please Nairalanders is it good to hire someone to write 60,000 words. A whole 60,000 words and to cancel it for no just cause besides mere assumptions when the project was 98% done

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Spiff20(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2023
This AI has been putting us into more problems than we bargained for. I use to write articles manually and clients reject them because they were AI generated. Baffles me. I'll take my time, write my articles through research only for the client to say this is unacceptable because It's Ai generated. Thank God it's just between 1,000 to 1500 words but still hurts tho. I feel your pain Op. 60k words is not play. Next time ask for part payment at the start.
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 8:07am On Jul 14, 2023
Spiff20:
This AI has been putting us into more problems than we bargained for. I use to write articles manually and clients reject them because they were AI generated. Baffles me. I'll take my time, write my articles through research only for the client to say this is unacceptable because It's Ai generated. Thank God it's just between 1,000 to 1500 words but still hurts tho. I feel your pain Op. 60k words is not play. Next time ask for part payment at the start.

You think his person doesn't know this?

All Nigerians know ai detectors don't work and the reports are false.

He's a member of this forum

How many employers here pay before service.

I am now plunged into 150,000 Naira debt and my team may resort to taking my name to the forum branding me as a scammer whereas e I didn't get a dime for it. A whole 150,000 Naira debts when I didn't do anything wrong.

Why not address the wickedness
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by obiekunie01: 8:44am On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:

You think his person doesn't know this?

All Nigerians know ai detectors don't work and the reports are false.

He's a member of this forum

How many employers here pay before service.

I am now plunged into 150,000 Naira debt and my team may resort to taking my name to the forum branding me as a scammer whereas e I didn't get a dime for it. A whole 150,000 Naira debts when I didn't do anything wrong.

Why not address the wickedness

how much is he supposed to pay you for you to accumulate a debt of 150k?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 8:44am On Jul 14, 2023
obiekunie01:

how much is he supposed to pay you for you to accumulate a debt of 150k?

180,000 Naira
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Made2Last: 8:55am On Jul 14, 2023
Make the whole write up free for anyone or everyone to have access to...if he still decides not to pay you for your service.
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by obiekunie01: 9:13am On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:

180,000 Naira

hmmm! what a business! lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 9:49am On Jul 14, 2023
Divepen1

Obinnau

Mynd44

Dominique

Won't you guys say anything about this matter ?
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Tabbaz(m): 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:

Won't you guys say anything about this matter ?
kindly upload your conversation with him as an evidence against him. Not all the conversation, just the portion of your agreement and where he refused to pay. tag me on your post pls.
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
Screenshots

Tabbaz

Also sent via WhatsApp

Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
More

Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
More...

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
How can a person be so heartless telling me to rewrite 60,000 words just to sooth his ego. How ?
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
Stylishly I've entered into debts of 150,000 Naira

Jesus. I am just completing 800,000 Naira debt settlement. Now another debt has climbed on it. Omg
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
Is this right Stevenbright ?
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Stevenbright(m): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Is this right Stevenbright ?

No, but I will suggest you and your team work on the ebooks to make them cleaner. That would most likely be acceptable to him at the end of the day except if he had a premeditated mind not to pay for two of the books.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Stevenbright:

No, but I will suggest you and your team work on the ebooks to make them cleaner. That would most likely be acceptable to him at the end of the day except if he had a premeditated mind not to pay for two of the books.

Regular writing and Writing to clear AI are planets apart. Perhaps because it's new you've not updated your skills to find out the hecticnwss involved.

I can't do AI writing less than 10 Naira a word. No one behaves this way. I had written four ebooks for him before now without this.
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Stevenbright(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:

Regular writing and Writing to clear AI are planets apart. Perhaps because it's new you've not updated your skills to find out the hecticnwss involved.

I can't do AI writing less than 10 Naira a word. No one behaves this way. I had written four ebooks for him before now without this.

I made two points with my post!

The central point is that you both should find a middle stance that is compromises from both parties to arrive at a workable plan as a win-win for all.
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
Stevenbright:

I made two points with my post!

The central point is that you both should find a middle stance that is compromises from both parties to arrive at a workable plan as a win-win for all.

You've not updated your skills.

Ai writing and regular writing are parallel. It can't be rewritten. Thanks for your input. I wasn't hired from the start to wrote AI proof material
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by emasahb: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
https://copyleaks.com/ai-content-detector

Copyleaks is only sensible free AI content checker. You can use it to prove your case. Others are full of false positives.

That said, fiction writers can apply for a job below:

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Stevenbright(m): 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:

You've not updated your skills.

Ai writing and regular writing are parallel. It can't be rewritten. Thanks for your input. I wasn't hired from the start to wrote AI proof material

By comprise I meant you could as for not too huge top up fund to do the needful if he agrees.

On not updating my skills, for the records, I am a writer and publisher of my own books on Amazon KDP/other digital book publishing platforms and also offers book formatting/cover design services for ebooks/paperback/Hardcover books.

So, I don't offer freelance writing services!
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
Stevenbright:

By comprise I meant you could as for not too huge top up fund to do the needful if he agrees.

On not updating my skills, for the records, I am a writer and publisher of my own books on Amazon KDP/other digital book publishing platforms and also offers book formatting/cover design services for ebooks/paperback/Hardcover books.

So, I don't offer freelance writing services!

Then you don't know what you're commenting on

Good day
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Stevenbright(m): 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:

Then you don't know what you're commenting on

Good day

Guy calm down!

I won't be here if not that you mentioned me!
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Stevenbright:

Guy calm down!

I won't be here if not that you mentioned me!

Enhoy
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by Tabbaz(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Screenshots

Tabbaz

Also sent via WhatsApp
tag the other party and let's hear from him too
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
Tabbaz:

Drizzit
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by DeeBaDan: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
Tabbaz:

Tagged Tabbaz
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by drizzit(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2023
It's so sad that it has come to this.

I have outsourced several works to you since last year and never for once did I refuse payment despite the fact that you works were packed full of plagiarism. That was the easy part as I could work on that. However, with the advent of AI writing tools to the general public, it was only expedient for me to inform you and others that I will not look favourably towards the use of AI generated materials. I kept hammering on this to you..not once ...not twice. Mr. Man, you ain't that only guy I outsource to you, but yours seems to have a little problem here and there and I try to converse with you reasonably.. however here we are.

I outsourced 3 projects to you, I went through and Mr...to a trained eye AI use was heavily used. I told you I will pay for it despite it not been of use to me. I also stated that the other 2 projects should not be submitted as the likelihood of them been tainted with AI is pretty high. You went on and on and promised to carry out a review of the work..after which I asked you to continue with the others also. You then woke up asking for payment without sending in a reviewed and properly worked on edition of the first work? Did I not agree to make payment for all the works? Did you not agree to revise the first project? You said something about me indicating where and where was problematic about the work.. EVERYTHING Mr.! I told you this! You also made mention of submitting the works in bits for me to go over, yes you did and I refused! Who has that time? I told you submit the completed work and I carry out a thorough check!

I am not in the habit of screenshotting chats and uploading on a public forum...that's low.

As I have stated previously before you decided to go down this road, I will pay for the robotic work you submitted which is 60,000..the work is of no use to me as I told you.

Note . kindly note that I won't be a accepting any more submissions or making any more payments to you!

I am making the payment of 60,000 to you now and that's the end of it!

Thank you and have a great day!
Re: Nairalander Refuses To Pay For 60,000 Words by drizzit(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2023
Payment made and we are done!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win $100 Dollars Or Naira Equivalent With Storried Monthly Competition (SMC) / How To Make Money Writing Articles Online In Nigeria As A Freelancer / Academic Writers Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.