Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Pleated Necktie Necklace - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Pleated Necktie Necklace (5677 Views)

A Necktie Or A Bowtie? / 18 WAYS TO TIE A NECKTIE Presented by: Real Men Real Style.com (photo) / Flare Pleated Skirt Styles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pleated Necktie Necklace by MrsSiena1(f): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2011
Start by removing the tag and little loop thingy on the back of the tie:

Then start folding your tie into pleats and pinning them in place, starting at the fat end of the tie. You want the pins to go through just the bottom and middle layers of the pleat and not all the way through to the top of the tie. As you're making your pleats, make sure that you're folding them into a curved shape as the tie gets narrower.

After pinning the pleats in place, I very lightly ironed it so that they would hold their shape while I was sewing (be careful ironing it--I found out the hard way that ties burn really quickly and easily!)

Now we're going to sew the pleats into place. You don't want the stitching to show on the front of the tie, so you'll only be sewing through the back of the pleats--just fold the tie so the right sides are facing and stitch a straight line where you pinned from the top of the tie to the bottom.

(Do you see how I'm only sewing the pleats on the back of the tie? Now there will be no stitches on the front!)

As you get further from the fat end of the tie and the curve becomes more pronounced, you'll need to angle your sewing line to allow the pleats to curve. This was kind of hard to photograph, but you'll get what I mean once you get there.

Carefully (carefully!) iron the pleats down flat, drape it around your neck, and decide on a button placement. Sew a button onto the fat tip of the tie through to the skinny end of the tie and cut off any excess length.

I think it makes such a great statement piece--with a simple tee and jeans, this necklace really shines!

Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by MrsSiena1(f): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2011
More

Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by iice(f): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2011
I like cheesy
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by Sissy3(f): 9:51am On Oct 10, 2011
interesting!
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by beautyline(f): 10:30am On Oct 10, 2011
Very innovative. I love it.
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by BABE3: 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2011
This is really good. I like.
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by SusanJoy: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2011
All these necktie's are nice. Today, ladies ties are usually slimmer than that of men's. and women don't necessarily have to wear men's shirt now.Choosing to wear a modern tie also limits the style and design choices, whereas opting for a vintage tie from a different era opens up a lot of possibilities.
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by bolseas(f): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2011
waoow, that is very nice.

on a lighter note, shey no be Oga Siena tie be that.
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by nanidee(f): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2011
soo, soo nice. Me likey!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by MrsSiena1(f): 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2011
bolseas:

waoow, that is very nice.

on a lighter note, shey no be Oga Siena tie be that.

Lol am not the one in the picture even though I wanted to use his old tie for it but its all being dumped so had to get a new one.
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by emofine(f): 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2011
love it cool
Re: Pleated Necktie Necklace by lorrieseneca: 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
waoow, that is very nice. All these necktie's are nice. Today, ladies ties are usually slimmer than that of men's. and women don't necessarily have to wear men's shirt now.

(1) (Reply)

Unique Birthday Shirts,bridal Robe And Many More / See Photos: Have You Ever Seen Or Had Of Miss Bum Bum Contest...see The Winner / Ladies Dresses And Beautiful Tops For Retail And WholeSale Available to naija gi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.