Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free - Technology Market (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free (59293 Views)

Anyone With Personal Review Of Airtel Unlimited Smart Box? / Air Tel 4G Smart Box For Sale / Airtel Smart Box With The Outdoor Unit ODU. Let's Share Our Experiences Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by BadMaster: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
ibnlawal:

10GB daily for 365 will amount to 3.65TB.
So I'm kinda confused here, if you could explain better ma'am
This is how it works. You are given 1TB for the 100k subscription, with validly of 365days(1 year). Now, say, maybe, you were to use up the 1TB within the first 65days, it means that for the remaining 360days, you will be giving 10GB per day.

MTN has a similar plan. The 10GB is given at 12am on the dot. Regardless of how much is used out of the 10GB, whatever is remaining is cleared by the system at 12am, and another 10GB credited again. It continues that way until the plan expires after 365days. That means the 10GB doesn't accumulate.

1 Like

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by CCIA: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
Whatever. I no dey carry anything matter for head. Both ethnicity and Religion. Unlike Northern Muslims.
I am not of the North and I am not Muslim grin

But wait, are you an Ndi-Jew of Emeka-land? grin
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by CavendishPlex: 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
richforever123:

I have tried this there is no 10gb data daily, when my Data was exhausted I never got any 10gb daily, I called customer care multiple times and they said they will look into it which never happened, it's a marketing scam

I read something similar to this somewhere on Nairaland which really got me flustered. That daily bonus makes a lot of sense if only I don't have to go begging Airtel to do it. I chatted with them on Twitter about it, but the person behind the handle acted like (s)he didn't know what I was talking about cos I was really interested in getting their 5G modem just because of the daily bonus on the "unlimited" plans.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by WithX(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
richforever123:

I have tried this there is no 10gb data daily, when my Data was exhausted, I never got any 10gb daily, I called customer care multiple times and they said they will look into it which never happened, it's a marketing scam

Come to think of it if this is really true, why wouldn't I exhaust my main 1TB in a week or less and start enjoying 10gb/day (throttled or not), that will give me a total of over 4TB @ 100k.
But the Airtel that i know are way smarter than that. They will even cheat you on the main data you paid for ( case is their everyday on data where they will deliberately skip giving you the daily allowance if they know you still have some stock up and wouldn't notice).

Even with all things being equal, the way they zap data looks magical to me because it's always unexplainable no matter how hard you try to justify your usage.

@Shopnig24 hope you are not unintentionally falling for airtel sweet talk o.

1 Like

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by BenedictAbajue(m): 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
CCIA:

I am not of the North and I am not Muslim grin
I never said you were
CCIA:
But wait, are you an Ndi-Jew of Emeka-land? grin
You have said so
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by BadMaster: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
CavendishPlex:

I read something similar to this somewhere on Nairaland which really got me flustered. That daily bonus makes a lot of sense if only I don't have to go begging Airtel to do it. I chatted with them on Twitter about it, but the person behind the handle acted like (s)he didn't know what I was talking about cos I was really interested in getting their 5G modem just because of the daily bonus on the "unlimited" plans.
If you are a heavy user, especially if you use it for streaming, 10GB will not be enough. The 10GB does not accumulate. The system resets it at 12am.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by iliyande(m): 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Sponsored advert. Shitty network embarassed
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by Vado(m): 3:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
Zain007:

1tb a year comes down to an average of 2.7gb/day. Are you now saying there's an extra (10gb free) usage everyday and how did you arrive at this as well cos am not sure there's anything like data capping for the daily usage of 2.7gb.

There's an extra daily allowance yes until your validity elapse. I'm on 15k for 120 gb at home. Once I exhaust the data, I get 5gb per day for the remaining days.

1 Like

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
I totally understand your skepticism, my friend. It's quite a huge offer, isn't it? I warmly invite you to give this plan a go. Believe me, it would be quite a feat to consume 1TB in a single day, unless maybe you're working with NASA's data sets - just joking! But on a serious note, we rely on this same plan in our offices. We've tested it, and it truly delivers as promised. Our reputation means a lot to us; we wouldn't stake it on a service we aren't confident in. Let's explore this opportunity together!
WithX:

Come to think of it if this is really true, why wouldn't I exhaust my main 1TB in a week or less and start enjoying 10gb/day (throttled or not), that will give me a total of over 4TB @ 100k.
But the Airtel that i know are way smarter than that. They will even cheat you on the main data you paid for ( case is their everyday on data where they will deliberately skip giving you the daily allowance if they know you still have some stock up and wouldn't notice).

Even with all things being equal, the way they zap data looks magical to me because it's always unexplainable no matter how hard you try to justify your usage.

@Shopnig24 hope you are not unintentionally falling for airtel sweet talk o.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2023
For those asking, the device comes in 2 types AIRTEL ODU and NOKIA ODU, which ever one you meet in stock does same work.
Nokia ODU is in the picture on the first post while airtel ODU looks like this

1 Like

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by Phyde: 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
eteebanky1:
How is it like starlink??

With #20,000 subscription on starlink

I can browse unlimitedly till the month end

One of my friends has used 5 terabytes so far ontop his 20k subscription.

But you here dy offer 15k for 120gb......Thunder strike you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin the guy still dey play.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by CCIA: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
I never said you were
You have said so

Ok.

How is the sit-at-home? grin
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by LtChisom: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
BabaIbo:

Another thing is unlike other networks, they will never notify you(by default or automatically i.e without checking) of your remaining data balance make you for no suspect their wuruwuru system.

Imagine, someone here said the company declared that they run at loss in their last company stock or so.

E come make me dey wonder maybe they wan recover their money through this their dubious data - value consumption rate.

Wayo people, if they can dribble customers on/with what customers paid for, what do you think they will now do when they(Airtel) claim it comes free?

I wonder who noticed if you owe airtel and use channels such as palmpay to buy data direct, airtel do convert your data to airtime and take their debt and still be waiting for their balance. This is unlike MTN that you can be owing 20k and still buy data of 5k and not be electronically harrased.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by BackFromBalablu: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
Na person wey get money go disturb em sef for dis post.

As i no get shishi :-/ abeg am in search of a job and currenty reside in Owerri,Imo state. Please help am 21 years of age and an ssce certificate holder. I dnt want to be jobless in this kind of economy cry
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by loadedvibes: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
You be wan dey owe make you dey leave freely abi grin
LtChisom:

I wonder who noticed if you owe airtel and use channels such as palmpay to buy data direct, airtel do convert your data to airtime and take their debt and still be waiting for their balance. This is unlike MTN that you can be owing 20k and still buy data of 5k and not be electronically harrased.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by Babaibeji2020(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
morikee:

Galaxy Backbone
Interesting 👌
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 12:45am On Jul 30, 2023
Client installation done yesterday.
Bodija ibadan
Device.. Free
Subscription.. 100k 1 year
Client needed longer cable so we delivered 50ft ethernet cable at 10k.

Total 110k and device is up and running. For the next 1 year.

1 Like

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by emmy9500: 1:17am On Jul 30, 2023
shopnig24:

Personally tested, got upto 120 mbps with 3 bar of internet

Is there network difference between this and the indoor router?

Also since this is an outdoor unit what is needed for the installation
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 1:22am On Jul 30, 2023
emmy9500:

Is there network difference between this and the indoor router?

Also since this is an outdoor unit what is needed for the installation

Chief, the only difference is the speed is improved because there is an outdoor unit that draw better signal.

Also installation is quite easy and can be done by one self, we have a team that can guide through the entire process smoothly.

We have delivered almost 500 of this product in the last 3 months and it's an easy process
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by LtChisom: 10:43am On Jul 30, 2023
post=124744197:
You be wan dey owe make you dey leave freely abi grin

Nigeria dey owe through me, am a citizen and share the debt I no send anybody.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by soullove1881(m): 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
shopnig24:
I understand your confusion and I'm here to clarify. The 1TB data for 100k is valid for a full year, that's correct. However, the 10GB daily allowance only comes into play if you exhaust that 1TB before the end of the year. In such a case, you'll receive an extra 10GB every day until the original one-year period concludes. So, it's a safety net of sorts, ensuring you stay connected even if you've used up your initial 1TB.

Alright. I once bought Airtel router and I really suffered. They don't allow me to browse easily. Download speed was like 200kb maximum.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
soullove1881:

Alright. I once bought Airtel router and I really suffered. They don't allow me to browse easily. Download speed was like 200kb maximum.

Chief, I hear your concerns based on your previous experience with Airtel. However, this smart box offers some significant improvements that should address your issues. For one, it comes with an outdoor mount, which can significantly boost signal strength. It's also a dual band router, operating at both 2.4 & 5 GHz, which can greatly enhance download and upload speeds, potentially reaching ten times the speed of a typical router. Additionally, this router can support up to 64 connected accounts, a feature that provides even more value. Let's give it a chance to impress!
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2023
Orders going out this morning .....

You too can enjoy this offer while it last

1 Share

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by Ayt27(m): 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
BadMaster:

Starlink works everywhere in Nigeria, and it's very fast.

In my house, it's able to meet all my Streaming and download needs. I have 4 GoogleTV Smart TVs and other devices connected to it. All the TVs are able to stream in 4k/UHD on Netflix, Prime and other VOD services at all times. I use an average of 1.5TB per month, there was a month I used over 2TB.

I bought the Airtel smartbox 5G today and I am having strong buyer's remorse. It doesn't connect was hoping to use the lan cable of the 4G it brings out to get faster data with 4G but no good review

Although if 5G was in my area maybe it would be different, still....

Starlink Capital expenditure is too high for me even the sub is high but I can afford it it delivers. 4 TV's in high def will zap the soul outta data, there'll be months you'll hit that 1.5 - 2 Tb mark.
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ayt27:

I bought the Airtel smartbox 5G today and I am having strong buyer's remorse. It doesn't connect was hoping to use the lan cable of the 4G it brings out to get faster data with 4G but no good review

Although if 5G was in my area maybe it would be different, still....

Starlink Capital expenditure is too high for me even the sub is high but I can afford it it delivers. 4 TV's in high def will zap the soul outta data, there'll be months you'll hit that 1.5 - 2 Tb mark.

Sincerely sorry about this, this was the only reason we haven't started advertising or selling the 5G device even when we could because 5G is not covered in upto 10% of the country right now. The 5G router with 5G network is same as this 4g smart box

2 Likes

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 2:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
ODU deliveries going out to Abuja, Kano, Abeokuta, and Lagos from ShopNig.

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by soullove1881(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
shopnig24:

Chief, I hear your concerns based on your previous experience with Airtel. However, this smart box offers some significant improvements that should address your issues. For one, it comes with an outdoor mount, which can significantly boost signal strength. It's also a dual band router, operating at both 2.4 & 5 GHz, which can greatly enhance download and upload speeds, potentially reaching ten times the speed of a typical router. Additionally, this router can support up to 64 connected accounts, a feature that provides even more value. Let's give it a chance to impress!

Where can I get it in PH or Uyo?
I need it ASAP
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by Peterlove11: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2023
shopnig24:

Personally tested, got upto 120 mbps with 3 bar of internet

Can you give a screenshot of this? Download and upload speed

1 Like

Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
GrimmFX:

Contact detail

joshuaoseoboh@gmail.com
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
Peterlove11:

Can you give a screenshot of this? Download and upload speed

I can do a live test on this for you tomorrow
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by Peterlove11: 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
shopnig24:

I can do a live test on this for you tomorrow

Alright....waiting for the result
Re: Get The Airtel Smart Box, For Absolutely Free by shopnig24: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
This customer, used the device inbox, both the outdoor and indoor unit were just placed beside the window and it still delivered 30 to 60 mbps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Laptop Repair Experts In Lagos / Best Uk Used Laptops @ Wholesale Price Update 2019 / Enter to Buy cheap and affordable MTN, AIRTEL & ETISALAT DATA PLAN EVER.!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.