Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? (4410 Views)

Knowing More About Our World. / What Was Your Childhood Career Ambition/dream & What Are U Doing Now.. / Countries With Highest Hiv/aids Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2011
more than half of the people i know that i've discussed the subject of Hiv/Aids with have declined going for a test to know their status. I often wonder why? some would say the fact that u know u are positive alone is enough to kill someone than for the disease itself. how true is this assertion.

to be candid its not easy to take the bold step however i still think its imperative one knows. I first took the test in 2007 and then took another last yr sept 2010. U wanna know the result of the test? the result was . . . . . . . . ,

so the question is, why are u sacred of going for an HIV/AIDs test? tongue
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by r231(m): 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2011
hmmmmmm are you referring to anybody in particular undecided
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Freiburger(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2011
toba:

more than half of the people i know that i've discussed the subject of Hiv/Aids with have declined going for a test to know their status. I often wonder why? some would say the fact that u know u are positive alone is enough to kill someone than for the disease itself. how true is this assertion.

to be candid its not easy to take the bold step however i still think its imperative one knows. I first took the test in 2007 and then took another last yr sept 2010. U wanna know the result of the test? the result was . . . . . . . . ,

so the question is, why are u sacred of going for an HIV/AIDs test? tongue
My question is why 're you always going for Hiv test?
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
smdh. the two new modearators bombading moi at the same time
r231:

hmmmmmm are you referring to anybody in particular undecided
does the question implies being directed to a specific person or a general one?
Freiburger:

My question is why 're you always going for Hiv test?
u should have asked why do we need to even go for the test at all?
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by gentlem80(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2011
@OP
Its simply not that easy to just go and take the thing jare! The first time I have one was in 2003 and I was almost 23 and the thought of me going for the test nearly killed me not to even talk of the time I had to wait to get the results. Everyday, my thoughts just flashed back to those Sade,Bukky,Yewande,Sammy, Bili, Bolanle etc I'd slept with and before I know it I was having serious nightmares. The test came out negative and went on a week holiday after getting the result cool

What I say is, its not and will never be easy to just go voluntarily and take HIV test!!!!
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by TBrownAuto(m): 10:42am On Oct 07, 2011
The truth is if you dont know your statue you leave longer but once you know it you start thinking then complication begins which make u die very fast
Better not to know and undermind the damage you will cause the society than to know and feel rejected in the society, from my opinion HIV/AID is business if you have your $$$ they will make you understand it can be sustained and will not be passed on and if no $$$$ you will die very fast
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Sleekjd(f): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2011
The first time I did HIV test way in 2007 @ d NYSC orientation camp. I just took d bold step, though some of my friends tried to discourage me. But I tell u guys, my heart almost jumped out of my mouth. I did it late last year when I got a job, n also this last month when I came down with typhoid and chicken pox. There's no big deal in doin d test. I know my status n I feel soo gud! cool
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by atasteve: 10:59am On Oct 07, 2011
Abstinence and carefulness will give you the boldness.
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Freiburger(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2011
atasteve:

Exatly.
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Sike(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2011
I am not afriad. I just don't have the TIME
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by iboman(m): 11:33am On Oct 07, 2011
I think it's the most difficult decision I've taken in my life. It took me about 10 yrs to finally finally come to it. From secondary school through university and post uni, I looked for every reason not to go for the test.
       When finally I was forced by pressure to go through it, I couldn't eat. I like to say I fasted but deep down I know it wasn't that. Of course, I repented of my sins with deep contrition, promised God heaven and earth of good behaviour and even tried some christian tunes I could recollect. Ironically, it was Feb. 14 and arguably my holiest or most pious day on earth. Then it was done and during the waiting period, I prayed like a true man of God.
    Such a relief when it came out negative. I felt the joy of a man who had lived all his life in great penury suddenly coming in contact with billions.
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by llbhuds: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2011
lol
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by nagoma(m): 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2011

Yes, especially the abstinence and I think the "carefulness" means being 2 faithful partners. It is a difficult test to take but very useful for you and the community.
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by denitro(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2011
I took the test last month for the first time,
Negative,
grin grin grin
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Jarus(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
Taken twice. First time, late last year and second time this year. Negative.
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by tEsLim(m): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2011
Taking the test about 4times. One time for immigrational purpose (residence permit in some stupid country), one time before raw shagging started with this girl she rather have it raw, one time outta curiosity, one time general test freaking sick.
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by LongOne1(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

Haven't taken it before, but actually been thinking about it. . .
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by chidyke77(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2011
So evrybody that tested is negative,no one is positive? Lol
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by badmrkt(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
ven't tested yet but since everybody on NL tested and results re negative,then definitely mine's negative(-).
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by jumpmasta(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2011
I LAUGH AT ALL OF YOU,HIV TEST IS EVERY THREE MONTHS, THATS THE STANDARD tongue tongue
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Galaxy7: 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2011
Very good For one to ascertain his/her HIV status,I test almost three times in a year
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by vladimiros: 11:56pm On Oct 07, 2011
jeez guys, I'm 17 and took it last year when i was 16

what the fuss about being scared. if you know you have not nailed anychick yet unprotected, its ok.

i did not feel anyfear, even took it as fun,
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by eghost247(m): 4:08am On Oct 08, 2011
How can anyone ask such a question
Re: Why Are U Scared Of Knowing Ur Hiv/aids Status? by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 09, 2011
LMAO, I've taken it and i'm married but i still get scared, getting a false positive would be terrible, people are just scared i suppose, can you imagine getting a positive? chei. .i'd almost rather die than have to live with the thought of HIV. sad

(1) (Reply)

Funniest Customer Care Conversation Ever Recorded / If You Are To Choose One Of These; Whom Will You Bring Back? / Humans that resemble cartoon characters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.