Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? (238 Views)

I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books / Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol / Meet The Pretty Lesbian Atheist Who Practices Witchcraft (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by ThompsonJoo: 8:06am On Jul 16, 2023
In a Pantheists, theist and atheist who has more Faith?
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Puremind1225: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2023
ThompsonJoo:

atheist is not compatible with faith;
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 11:51am On Jul 16, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
Faith About?
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
ThompsonJoo:
Faith, in Scripture, is defined as living of one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's teachings and commandments. So how do you go about measuring faith of individuals in this case?. undecided
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by eayo375: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
Puremind1225:

atheist is not compatible with faith;

To be an atheist, you have to believe that the universe came from nothing.

It takes less faith to believe that the universe was created by a spaceless, timeless and immaterial Being, than to believe that the universe is a result of 'nothing' exploding into space, matter and time.

By the way, no atheist can explain how nothing, if it is truly nothing, can explode into a universe. But they believe it. If that is not faith, then I don't know what is.

1 Like

Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
Some people lack wisdom.

No matter what you choose to believe,
Faith is believing in God, that He is God. Simple
And by God, I mean Jehovah.
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
preciousee17:
Some people lack wisdom.

No matter what you choose to believe,
Faith is believing in God, that He is God. Simple
And by God, I mean Jehovah.
Yahweh worshipper, Pistis is a goddess.

Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maynman:

Sometimes you all confuse me
Am I arguing with Google or with you?
Why bring up some stuff from Google and you can't even explain it to fall in line with your argument...

Yes, I worship Yahweh, Jehovah, Yeshua, Jesus, The Holy Spirit. They are all One... Yes!
Now I said that Faith in God means believing in the One who I worship.

You are now bringing 'Pistis' from Google search. How is that my concern?
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maynman:

By the way, 'pistis' is a normal Greek word.
Just like you have the word 'believe' in English.
The fact that someone named his/her (deaf and dumb) god 'believe' doesn't change the original meaning of the word.

Know this and know peace.

Greek: πίστις
Transliteration: pistis
Pronunciation: pis'-tis
Definition: Persuasion that is credence; moral conviction (of religious truth or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher) especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance belief believe faith fidelity.
KJV Usage: faith (239x), assurance (1x), believe (1x), belief (1x), them that believe (1x), fidelity (1x).
Occurs: 244
In verses: 228

That's how a Greek dictionary will define that word. Don't try to introduce aimless arguments
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
preciousee17:

By the way, 'pistis' is a normal Greek word.
Just like you have the word 'believe' in English.
The fact that someone named his/her (deaf and dumb) god 'believe' doesn't change the original meaning of the word.

Know this and know peace.

Definition: Persuasion that is credence; moral conviction (of religious truth or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher) especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance belief believe faith fidelity.
KJV Usage: faith (239x), assurance (1x), believe (1x), belief (1x), them that believe (1x), fidelity (1x).

That's how a Greek dictionary will define that word. Don't try to introduce aimless arguments
Pistis is a goddess her personifications is what you are listing.

Monday is not a “normal” English word, the name Monday comes from “Moon's day” after the Norse moon god Máni.

Know this and Know Peace.

The personification of the female character is what you have now.

Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
preciousee17:

Sometimes you all confuse me
Am I arguing with Google or with you?
Why bring up some stuff from Google and you can't even explain it to fall in line with your argument...

Yes, I worship Yahweh, Jehovah, Yeshua, Jesus, The Holy Spirit. They are all One... Yes!
Now I said that Faith in God means believing in the One who I worship.

You are now bringing 'Pistis' from Google search. How is that my concern?
Your New Testament was written in greek, and PISTIS was used to convey the original meaning, and the way pistis is used is not the same way it is used in your bible, other words like sin and hell have lost their meaning.

The jews reject that their god have a child, that’s only found in christianity.

Who are you to be defining already defined words?
Faith comes from Pistis and it has his definition, you will have to create your own word to define.

You lack knowledge of the books you are basing your life, that should be your concern.

If you want to know the real meaning of “faith” go and learn how it is used in Judaism.
There is no word for “faith” in hebrew sef lol

Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maynman:

Pistis is a goddess her personifications is what you are listing.

Monday is not a “normal” English word, the name Monday comes from “Moon's day” after the Norse moon god Máni.

Know this and Know Peace.

The personification of the female character is what you have now.

You are probably a child who has access to information that was meant to corrupt you in this very way.

English is a borrowed language, most of the words come from other languages. Like the 'monday' example

Greek is not a borrowed language, most of it's words are original in themselves.

What is even your argument? Go straight to the point. Blurt it out and free your conscience so we both can rest.
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
preciousee17:

You are probably a child who has access to information that was meant to corrupt you in this very way.

English is a borrowed language, most of the words come from other languages. Like the 'monday' example

Greek is not a borrowed language, most of it's words are original in themselves.

What is even your argument? Go straight to the point. Blurt it out and free your conscience so we both can rest.
And you are probably a fool that has access to a phone but with no information and have made you more indoctrinated.

Since you know English is a borrowed language, why then did you say “believe” is a normal English word?
Greek is part of indo european language mostly related to vedic.

Dullard, i am only telling you the origin of the word “faith”, as it is used in modern times compared to greek or hebrew, where it is used correctly and your bible is written in those 2 languages.
It does not mean i should have “faith” that i will fly.
Or the one you said “i should have ‘faith’ in yahweh” just like that!

Dullard!

Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
Maynman:

And you are probably a fool that has access to phone but with no information and have made you more indoctrinated.

Since you know English is a borrowed language, why then did you say “believe” is a normal English word?
Greek is part of indo european language mostly related to vedic.

Dullard, i am only telling you the origin of the word “faith”, as it is used in modern times compared to greek or hebrew, where it is used properly and your bible is written in those languages.
It does not mean i should have “faith” that i will fly.
Or the one you said “i should have ‘faith’ in yahweh” just like that!

Dullard!

Haha! I've just confirmed your status... Calling of names to voice out your anger? Grow up!

Walk around and re-define all the words in Greek, English, etc. Or browse Google and get answers, believe them immediately and bring them as valuable points. The pleasure is yours...

What was your argument again?
That me saying, "I have faith in Jehovah", means, "I have 'pistis-the-goddess' in Jehovah"? (I laugh)

So whenever I say, "I like Monday mornings", it also means, "I like 'moonsday' mornings"? (Again I laugh)

Grow up!
Take your argument to someone else who has a good brain — like yours.
Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
preciousee17:

Haha! I've just confirmed your status... Calling of names to voice out your anger? Grow up!

Walk around and re-define all the words in Greek, English, etc. Or browse Google and get answers, believe them immediately and bring them as valuable points. The pleasure is yours...

What was your argument again?
That me saying, "I have faith in Jehovah", means, "I have 'pistis-the-goddess' in Jehovah"? (I laugh)

So whenever I say, "I like Monday mornings", it also means, "I like 'moonsday' mornings"? (Again I laugh)

Grow up!
Take your argument to someone else who has a good brain — like yours.
Next time don’t start what you can’t handle.
Calling me a “child” is what?

Dullard, is “pistis” an English word, why are you mixing it with English sentences?
If you want to say greek, say it purely, not broken greek.
I only told you the origin of the word “faith”, your New Testament was written in greek.

Is “moonsday” an English word?, why mixing it with other words, broken greek oo
Golem of Yahweh, be wise 😂

The meaning of “faith” as convey by your jewish savior does not mean i should have “faith in God” just like that, blindly.
That’s what i wanted to point out to you.

Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
Having “faith” in a thing doesn’t mean I blindly believe it.
Faith still requires facts and evidence.
Aristotle referred to the enthymeme as "the body of proof", "the strongest of rhetorical proofs”

Faith from Pistis is used this way. Not just believing blindly.
As an atheist, i do have “faith” in lots of things.

Re: In A Pantheists, Theist And Atheist Who Has More Faith? by Maynman: 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2023
preciousee17:

Have you heard of Hesiod before?
The original meaning of these words STEMS from his work, Theogony, you and your fellow yahweh worshippers are only doing Theology.

(1) (Reply)

Prepare For War! / Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion / If The Bible Will Take Africans To Heaven, Will The White Man Bring It To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.