Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,003 members, 7,828,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Youngest Female Author @ 14yrs Launches Her NGO GAL- Girls Are Leaders. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Youngest Female Author @ 14yrs Launches Her NGO GAL- Girls Are Leaders. (364 Views)

5 Reasons Secondary School Girls Are Having Boyfriends / Meet Joy Jegede, The Youngest Lawyer In Africa, Her Age (Photos) / Readers Are Leaders? How Does It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youngest Female Author @ 14yrs Launches Her NGO GAL- Girls Are Leaders. by lathrowinger: 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
Graduate of El- Amin International School Dedicates Book To Admonish Girl Child
By Hutson Efosa -July 16, 2023

In a bid to reveal the leadership quality in a girl child, a learner of El-Amen International School, Maitama in Abuja, Khairat Ajenifuja, who graduated from high school Saturday, crowned it up with a pre-book launch, with the book titled: My visionary leadership journey ( A testament to Maryam Babaginda ‘s Impact).

Speaking at her graduation/pre-book ceremony Khairat, who has also launched Girls are Leaders (GAL) as an NGO which already has a YouTube channel (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poCLNxdeif4), promised to visit schools to drum support for female child, stated that her passion for study and writing, gave birth to the dream of becoming an author.

The Fourteen years old high school graduate, while speaking to our correspondent opines that her inspiration and motivation, was drawn from her mentor, who is the founder of the school and wife of former military head of state Dr. Mrs. Maryam Babangida, other female leathers that has done exceptionally well in their leadership role and her parent as well and she promised to return 10% of the book sale to El AMIN international school Maitama and 10% to Orphanage homes.

In her words; “I want to say a big thank you to the founder of my school El-Amin International School, Dr. Mrs. Mayram Babangida, who has been a source of motivation and inspiration through her wonderful leadership ability and other women out there that has done well in terms of administering leadership in their different spheres of influence and most especially my parents who played a significant role in my success story as an author to ensure that i am able to use my voice to empower the girl child, thereby living a legacy behind and i will to return 10% of the book sale to El AMIN international school Maitama and 10% to Orphanage homes”. She said

Speaking further, Khairat noted that for a very long time, the girl child has been relegated to the background and that they have not been given the opportunity to showcase their leadership ability. According to her, it has always been said, that the world belongs to men. However, the book is meant to spur the girl child to take over her leadership position in the society because there is a leadership ability in every girl child.

She said: I wrote this book to inspire, influence and empower girls, we have plenty problems in the society, where girls are not allowed to go to school, they are not allowed to contest for election, I want to change that problem. And some girls are not allowed to pursue higher education, I want to help them with my foundation, Girls Are Leaders (GAL)”.

Also Speaking at the graduation ceremony/pre book launch, her Mum, Mrs. Sherifat Abiola Suleiman-Ajenifuja, expressed gratitude to God and excitement over the achievement of her daughter.

She said: ” I give God all the glory and honor, it is not by our own power but God’s making because since she is small, she always make us proud even at the age of three, when she wanted to be enrolled into the school, they said she was small and they’re not going to admit her and I give glory to the almighty Allah.

However, fielding questions on her role in ensuring that Khairat fulfill her dream of becoming an author.

Again, she said, “Well I will still revert to God and my husband. He is indeed a caring and supportive father, may the Almighty Allah continue to bless him, give him long life and prosperity and I wish him well in everything he does.

“I didn’t do much, he did almost everything. We didn’t even know she is writing a book until she gets to chapter three, that was when she told us and her father picked it up from there. That’s why we are celebrating today as parents”

Khairat’s aunt, Mrs. Toyin Daramola, who also spoke at the event about Khairat, while growing up as a child, stated that she has always been an exceptional kid while growing up.

According to her: ” Khairat has always been an amazing kid while growing up, she has always been different from every other child, she always display knowledge above her age, intelligent and very caring and it is showing now and we are happy that the whole school is celebrating her”.

“While reading the book, despite my tight schedule, I was really impressed with her display of knowledge because a lot of names, she mentioned in the book are people I don’t even know and this actually showed how resourceful the book is and so excited and happy for her”.

Speaking at the event, her father, Mr. Ajenifuja Ahmed, who couldn’t hide his joy over his daughter’s achievement.

In his word; ” I feel very great that words can’t express how happy I am because I brought her to be enrolled in this school as a three years old girl and now am graduating an author. I give all glory to God,

“I was even surprised when she came to me and her Mum, to tell us that she is writing a book and that she is in chapter three already and she is always in her room reading and writing and we don’t know that she had this in mind but that God ended it in joy and we as her parents, we are truly proud of her" he concluded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youngest Female Author @ 14yrs Launches Her NGO GAL- Girls Are Leaders. by lathrowinger: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Help Me!!! I Don't Want To Drop Out From School / #### / Ebonyi Boy Bags First Class Law In Unizik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.