Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,038 members, 7,838,598 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (292223 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Seunfaj(m): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
tommee:
Hello Gurus

HELP!!!!! please does anyone has the format or can share a sole responsibility letter from the court. I have submitted a sole custody/responsibility letter for dependant child from the court but just got an email request for additional document requesting for sole responsibility again. Is it possible there was an oversight by them or is it because my court document says custody/responsibility? I have contacted the lawyer and he says that is the format they always use and i can resend it. But i dont wanna take any changes because this is the 3rd application someone please HELP!!!!!!! i have 10days to respond.
it could be an oversight. I had this same issue where i was asked to send an official court document to show that my legal guardian has sole responsibility meanwhile the court document was uploaded during my application.
I had to resend the same court document and also did a cover letter. I hope the court document you uploaded isn’t an affidavit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by directonpc(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
Born2conquer:

I do not have
OPen USD account and look for money from Aboki.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tommee: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
Seunfaj:
it could be an oversight. I had this same issue where i was asked to send an official court document to show that my legal guardian has sole responsibility meanwhile the court document was uploaded during my application.
I had to resend the same court document and also did a cover letter. I hope the court document you uploaded isn’t an affidavit?

I really appreciate your response seun, No it wasnt an affidavit, it was a court document. please can you confirm if the sole responsibility document you submitted stated custodian/Resposibility because the lawyer keeps saying that is the format used in the court and it cannot be changed, and UKVI requested for only Sole Responsibility. And i have also read here that the document for custody is different from sole responsibility and should not be mixed up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by biosamak: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
Hello duchess and the seniors pls I need an email to claim refund IHS fee it’s been over a months now and the fee hasn’t been refunded I await you swift response. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Davvymavvy(f): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
Please, I have a serious issue getting my ihs refund.

I paid for ihs fee on the 10th of August this year, it was after payment I realized my mistake, so, I discontinued the application to start afresh. I made another ihs payment for the second application which was what I used for my visa. Now, I’m in the Uk, each time I call UKVi, I keep getting different information.

The first paid call was November 18, I was told it would be escalated. A follow up call showed there was no escalation and the agents kept referring me to the same number I dialled .

Today alone, I have called three times with no way forward.

$1235 will do something for me here in UK.

@duchess, please, how do I go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Yudeeaikay(f): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2023
Good evening everyone, thank God for His mercies and grace.

Application successful!!!!!

Visa Alert

Application - Priority MA & Dependant
Submitted Application on 19 November
Biometric 20th November
Transfered to DMC - 20th November
Received by DMC - 21st November
MA
Transfer to VAC - 23rd November
Received by VAC - 23rd November
Collection Mail - 23rd November
BRP Mail - 24th November
Dependant
Mail to topup IHS - 21st November
NSF - 21st November
Paid call - 29th November
BRP Mail - 3rd December
Transfer to VAC - 4th Dec
Received by VAC - 4th Dec
Collection mail - 4th December

Documents submitted
CAS
TB test
BSc Certificate
1st MSc Certificate
CV
Reference letters from current and previous employers
Offer of employment
Marriage Certificate
Affidavit of change of name
Newspaper publication
Marriage pictures and other family pictures - 8
Letter from dependants HMO confirming marriage status and same accomodation (live together on the stated address) as we didn't have tenancy agreement because the house is rented by family.
Bank Statement
School fees payment telex
Admission offer letter
Recommendation letter from current employer

Thank you Duchess and everyone for all the tips dropped here. God has done it o

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by salawustyles(m): 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
Can any point me to a thread on how I can get work visa the process and the cost
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tommee: 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2023
tommee:

I really appreciate your response seun, No it wasnt an affidavit, it was a court document. please can you confirm if the sole responsibility document you submitted stated custodian/Resposibility because the lawyer keeps saying that is the format used in the court and it cannot be changed, and UKVI requested for only Sole Responsibility. And i have also read here that the document for custody is different from sole responsibility and should not be mixed up.

Please Gurus i need help on the above i need guidance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Abiolamary: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
directonpc:

OK. Thank you. smiley

Hello duchess,

Please for a student dependent that is already in the UK, how long does it take to get the graduate visa? The main applicant (student) got his within 2 days. But the dependant is yet to, after one week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
salawustyles:
Can any point me to a thread on how I can get work visa the process and the cost
Look for a thread saying UK skilled work visa
First page should have process

Then also check living in the UK thread, someone can share relevant links there

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Seunfaj(m): 7:43am On Dec 08, 2023
tommee:

in my case my parents are late and this was done before i clocked 18

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 8:12am On Dec 08, 2023
Hello

Be patient

The average wait time for graduate visa dependant is 8weeks

As long as it was made before your current visa expired then you have nothing to worry about

Cheers

Abiolamary:

Hello duchess,

Please for a student dependent that is already in the UK, how long does it take to get the graduate visa? The main applicant (student) got his within 2 days. But the dependant is yet to, after one week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 8:12am On Dec 08, 2023
Hello

Post a screenshot of the document you have and redact any personal information

Cheers
tommee:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2023
Hello

Did you cancel or just discontinued the application?

Cheers
Davvymavvy:
Please, I have a serious issue getting my ihs refund.

I paid for ihs fee on the 10th of August this year, it was after payment I realized my mistake, so, I discontinued the application to start afresh. I made another ihs payment for the second application which was what I used for my visa. Now, I’m in the Uk, each time I call UKVi, I keep getting different information.

The first paid call was November 18, I was told it would be escalated. A follow up call showed there was no escalation and the agents kept referring me to the same number I dialled .

Today alone, I have called three times with no way forward.

$1235 will do something for me here in UK.

@duchess, please, how do I go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gm88: 8:36am On Dec 08, 2023
Good morning everyone
Please I got empty nsf from ukvi
After 2 days of completing my biometric
Who else has a similar experience ?
And please what order step should I take now ?
Can I still get my visa on time
I did standard visa process
Thank u

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Abiolamary: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Be patient

The average wait time for graduate visa dependant is 8weeks

As long as it was made before your current visa expired then you have nothing to worry about

Cheers

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Davvymavvy(f): 9:00am On Dec 08, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Did you cancel or just discontinued the application?

Cheers

I didn’t cancel, I only discontinued but when I made my first paid call, the Ukvi officer said he would cancel the application from his end and initiate a refund process, calling back after 2 weeks, the process has not been initiated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by biosamak: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2023
Hello duchess this was due to a visa refusal and the fund for the ihs is not out yet over 3 months now.

biosamak:
Hello duchess and the seniors pls I need an email to claim refund IHS fee it’s been over a months now and the fee hasn’t been refunded I await you swift response. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tommee: 10:15am On Dec 08, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Post a screenshot of the document you have and redact any personal information

Cheers
Thanks for response please see below

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dejol88: 11:58am On Dec 08, 2023
Please people should calm down with paying huge resources into pursuing education into UK at this time due to uncertainties with incoming policy. 38700 income requirements is not funny and no employer will be willing to hand that money to fresh graduates. 70 percent workers in the uk don’t earn 38700 yearly let alone a fresh graduate.

Why not put that money in training in IT or study in less competitive environment with better prospect that will get you job. Or pursue nursing in Nigeria and pass IELTS before coming to UK.
The EU will very soon open talent pool that will attract skills all around the world which obviously includes nurses, we should prepare our self in such route.

Lastly citizenship are easier to acquire in EU than UK and their rules are more stable.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EconFinance: 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
dejol88:
Please people should calm down with paying huge resources into pursuing education into UK at this time due to uncertainties with incoming policy. 38700 income requirements is not funny and no employer will be willing to hand that money to fresh graduates. 70 percent workers in the uk don’t earn 38700 yearly let alone a fresh graduate.

Why not put that money in training in IT or study in less competitive environment with better prospect that will get you job. Or pursue nursing in Nigeria and pass IELTS before coming to UK.
The EU will very soon open talent pool that will attract skills all around the world which obviously includes nurses, we should prepare our self in such route.

Lastly citizenship are easier to acquire in EU than UK and their rules are more stable.
This is serious
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hello

I am not a lawyer but can see why this could be confusing to the ECO

This reads like an adoption order, it also seems like the application was made by a couple.

If that is the case, the child dependant will need the second parent to apply for a dependant visa also.

If this application was only done by a single parent then resubmit the document and along with a cover letter to explain the situation clearly

Cheers

tommee:

Thanks for response please see below
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hello

Can you log back in and cancel it?

Cheers
Davvymavvy:

I didn’t cancel, I only discontinued but when I made my first paid call, the Ukvi officer said he would cancel the application from his end and initiate a refund process, calling back after 2 weeks, the process has not been initiated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Davvymavvy(f): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Can you log back in and cancel it?

Cheers

Thank you.

Please, if I want to cancel, I understand I have to log in to my account and go to stage 6, “Further Action”. I I do have a concern, logging in, it required that I declare (stage 4) before “pay” and finally “further action”.

I am finding it difficult getting to stage 6(further action) after logging in without passing through the above mentioned stages. Am I doing the right thing?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Please has anyone paid fees or any with Form A from any bank? how much did you bid. What's the rate now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Hoelujohn: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
dejol88:

Care job is the only way out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by folarinstr: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
House please, I need a US B1/B2 appointment in this month, December or January. please anyone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dejol88: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Care job is the only way out
Well if you think so. But I will tell that route looks likely to be closed too.

I mean people should invest more time in acquiring skills that is transferable and sadly carer role isn’t. That job is modern day slavery given the new rule.No sensible human will leave his of her family behind for peanut.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by biosamak: 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hello does anyone know how I can claim an ihs fee refund after 2months of visa refusal? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tommee: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

I am not a lawyer but can see why this could be confusing to the ECO

This reads like an adoption order, it also seems like the application was made by a couple.

If that is the case, the child dependant will need the second parent to apply for a dependant visa also.

If this application was only done by a single parent then resubmit the document and along with a cover letter to explain the situation clearly

Cheers

Thanks you very much I really appreciate you input. I actually thought about this too. The application was actually done by a single parent the (wife )and the husband was represented by a lawyer. It is a case of abandonment of responsibility from the man part and the woman needs to travel to the UK with the kids. Would you suggest we get a court stating the document is actually for sole responsibility to the applicant(wife) and not adoption or we get the court to edit the words on the document. @dduchess90 please your input is still much appreciated

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Born2conquer: 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
Thank you everybody.
Cheap accommodation needed in Bournemouth. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Skyarmy: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2023
Hi guys
Got admission to Northumbria university
How do I go about paying my tuition deposit
What is an evidence of sponsorship?
The school portal wants me to upload it

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (277) (Reply)

Lithuania Student Visa / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General UK Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.