Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25730 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Allisgud: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
2 things make a woman beautiful in my eyes,a woman who gives me my respect to my family also and contribute to my growth financially spiritually,such lady never fade in my eyes

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Allisgud: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
2 things make a woman beautiful in my eyes,a woman who gives me my respect to my family also and contribute to my growth financially spiritually,such lady never fade in my sight

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Greystone: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

Nothing stops you from having a beautiful woman who also has a good character.

Just don’t be chasing slay queens and “repentant” oloshos/ runs girls/ any girl who is into hookup.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by pletho: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
Well said, if you love beaity find a character that compliments one

MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ebubu2: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
Unless i see beauty wey get character, I will never choose character over beauty.

Character over beauty anyday

Some women pride themself that they have “bad character”
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Gagare1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
I went for both and got both. I didn't have to trade one for the other.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Dexy4yah(m): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
DrWorries:
I love my wife so much !!
Na normal talk for every man

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Ebubu2: 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife
true

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by CaptainFM1: 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

You cannot not overule beauty. Even character has some element of beauty.

And if you're referring to physical beauty, that's always the first thing to see and often last longer in memory.

So yes, you can only proportionate the physical beauty. Even if your partner is crippled, only you will probably see him/her beautiful.

Physical beauty is always a factor whether we like it or not.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by casualobserver: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

It goes without saying that if a woman is ugly you are not attracted to her to even find out if she has a good character. Ironically it also works for a very beautiful woman. Very often a sharp man is only interested in a beautiful woman for sex. Most smart men marry women beautiful enough to be attractive not not beautiful to a point where that is all there is to her.

Fact: it is very difficult to find an extremely beautiful woman with good character. Generally, the more beautiful a woman is the more entitled she is, the more beautiful a woman is, the more scrutiny needs to be put on her.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ItooWorWor(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
Fortune118005:

Beauty can fade away at old age but character remains.
Modified: No woman is ugly, every woman is beautiful. Physical beauty without character is equal to annoyance and hatred. So, beauty is not by physical appearance only, good character is the real beauty.

Beauty fades and character changes also, both are subject to change with time, so you can't do away with either of them.

I can't marry someone that does not meet my physical taste just because she has character said to be good. I will just be lying to myself that I made the right choice while deep down I feel deprived.

This is what led many men into cheating..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Bluearrow: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

true, but we all know that the first impression is what gets you to notice someone to remotely wanna get to know them... and that 1st impression is solely physical.... nobody sees an ugly girl and says:" let me get close to this woman and see if she has good character", that doesnt happen... your beauty/sex appeal is what will get someone to notice you FIRST, thats the initial foundation that you will use to build a r/ship with that person
You have said it all sir...
I used to be an advocate of character over beauty, but seeing some not too beautiful sisters around remaining single at marriageable age, while the beautiful ones with not so good character are getting married, I have come to the conclusion that beauty is almost as important as character. Forget what men says online, even married men still admire beautiful women when they see one. Beauty is what will attract & if that attraction is not there in the first place, there won't be any relationship to know if the person got a good character.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by kenny160: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
pansophist:
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.
this is the real answer to all the questions...but atimes ending up with ugly and pretender that has bad characters lady will make live turn to hell for man, only God know the best

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ItooWorWor(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
Allisgud:
2 things make a woman beautiful in my eyes,a woman who gives me my respect to my family also and contribute to my growth financially spiritually,such lady never fade in my eyes

You sure?
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by makson007: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:

No insults please

Marrying a beautiful woman without good character, is like buying a house because of colour or paint.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ceejay80s(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
Just imagine the topic wey dey front page on-top #700 per litre fuel

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
pansophist:
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.

Excellently expressed. Function over aesthetics.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Kajaard: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
Waiting to read their hypocrital comments .

Character is key but beauty must be there sha. So I don't end up sleeping with a facemask over my eyes every night to avoid nightmares cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kajaard:

Character is key but beauty must be there sha. So I don't end up sleeping with a facemask over my eyes every night to avoid nightmares cheesy
Choose one, this response means you no go stay one place
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ItooWorWor(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kajaard:

Character is key, but can also be pretending. Those who marry just because of character will end up cheating on their partner.
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by DECENTBWOY: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
Waiting to read their hypocrital comments .
Hypocritical... Anu mpama
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by emmanuelalbert3(m): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
You can’t live with beauty all your life because if fade away but u can live with character ….
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iamjavadem(m): 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Why choose one or the other when you can have both? I chose both and I made a good choice

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by iamjavadem(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nope, beautiful and dumb is what most go for based on statistics.
MrBrownJay1:
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by AlphaHakimi: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
In all your choosing, go for someone with a good character. If you marry a beautiful woman with rotten character, you will discover that after 6 months of marriage, that beauty becomes useless to you.

However, go for a lady that is well to do and has the right character that suits you. Leave poor girls alone.
When a guy is struggling, they call him broke. But when a woman is struggling, they call her an independent woman.

Character is everything. To show you the importance of character, people are naturally closer and more open minded with individuals who have good character. Nobody likes a person with bad character whether male or female.

In the end, even if you get married and you later discover that your wife has bad character, please LEAVE that marriage. Women may say you are not matured enough, but don't listen to them. A mature man is a HAPPY MAN. Anyone who says you're not a man because you left a woman with bad character, please tell such a person to go ahead and marry your ex wife. If they do, they will soon discover what made you leave her.

Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by PECON1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
ApostlePaul14:
Hahaha .
Some confuse lust for love. My ex was d domineering type but so beautiful and hardworking.
I won live long o, I no fit die of BP because I won marry ceremonial wife😉
even my ex too, she has alot of laws set by her.i ran away for my sanity, she is now dating a man that drinks and smokes, the same thing she complained while she was with me, wetin concern me as I utilised my turn very well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by richie240: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
You shd've left it at the bolded.
Marrying a beautiful good looking woman is a given bro.
We all know d op didn't mean 'ugly' when he said 'character'.

A man with sense shd rather choose a '5' with character than a '10' without one.
cool

MrBrownJay1:
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
And later, cheat on "character" with "beauty". Even sponsor "beauty" to Maldives, Santorini and spoil her with the choicest things of life while "character" stays at home praying and keeps being the meek wife she always is, hoping her husband changes from his philandering lifestyle.

Funny.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Blitzking: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
Beauty attracts character keeps..I see beautiful women that can replace my woman daily but I av never gone further to assess their character..but I met one she ticks all my boxes and I started wondering the essence of monogamy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by sparko1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character

Once you don't find her attractive, she will only get worse, you can only console yourself with those statements, deep down, you know she'll never be what you wanted.

To answer your question, never, never try to pick an ugly lady because of character, most of those ladies are worse but because of low patronage, they decided to be maleable, after marriage, then you will understand.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by BERNIMOORE: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character
stop replying people who are bent on experimenting and test the rough side of life because they cant see beyond their noses....experience is the best teacher....
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by being(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
I think this is supposed to be a straightforward decision!! I would rather ask about intelligence vs character - which would u choose?
Monman56:

No insults please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery / My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. / A 44 Year Old Father Of 5 Impregnates A Teenager In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.