Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,489 members, 7,850,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State (1151 Views)

Abuja To Delta: I Didn’t Steal Car, Only Test-Driving – Suspect / Abia Bullion Van Robbery: I Only Moved The Arms For Operation - Suspect / Lady Travelling From Abuja To Akure In A Taxi Molested By Man. Sparks Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Nairablink(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State — Man Who Absconded With N55m Benz During Test Drive Denies Being A Car Thief.

He said: “I’m from Ughelli in Delta State, but I live in Abuja. I’m into foreign exchange and bureau de change business. I have been doing this for seven years. I started along that line when I was in secondary school.

My business is at Istanbul Airport, Turkey, so I used to shuttle between there and Nigeria. I started it there in 2021. I returned from Instabul in May after the general elections”

On how he got into police custody, he said: “I was arrested on July 6 for car theft after I was tracked by the police. Actually, I moved the car from Abuja to Delta State.

“I didn’t steal the car, but it was not mine. What happened was that I got the owner’s contact from an online platform (name withheld). He posted the car’s picture on the platform, putting it up for sale.

When I called him to indicate an interest, he told me to come for the car inspection. He was also Abuja-based and the location he invited me to was at Garki.

“I saw the car, and the intending seller put the price at N58 million. I offered to pay N30 million and he said I should test-drive it so that I would know the value of what I was pricing. He gave me the car key and sat on the passenger ... Continue Reading

Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by gracealonev: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Candidlady: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
You moved it from Abuja to Delta based on test driving
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by sarkinbauchi: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nairablink:

I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State — Man Who Absconded With N55m Benz During Test Drive Denies Being A Car Thief.

He said: “I’m from Ughelli in Delta State, but I live in Abuja. I’m into foreign exchange and bureau de change business. I have been doing this for seven years. I started along that line when I was in secondary school.

My business is at Istanbul Airport, Turkey, so I used to shuttle between there and Nigeria. I started it there in 2021. I returned from Instabul in May after the general elections”

On how he got into police custody, he said: “I was arrested on July 6 for car theft after I was tracked by the police. Actually, I moved the car from Abuja to Delta State.

“I didn’t steal the car, but it was not mine. What happened was that I got the owner’s contact from an online platform (name withheld). He posted the car’s picture on the platform, putting it up for sale.

When I called him to indicate an interest, he told me to come for the car inspection. He was also Abuja-based and the location he invited me to was at Garki.

“I saw the car, and the intending seller put the price at N58 million. I offered to pay N30 million and he said I should test-drive it so that I would know the value of what I was pricing. He gave me the car key and sat on the passenger ... Continue Reading

Yenyenyen...if he had 30 million, why didn't he buy the car he could afford?
There are many latest Mercedes cars you can buy for 30 million naira
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by PontiusPirate(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
Seconded! They should free him
He only tested the car to know how far it can travel
😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by GanagiBitrus: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
What a defence!
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by iCauseTrouble: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Funny enough, he may win the case in court grin
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
Men and stealing sha 😂
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nairablink:

Play him kilometer by BURNA
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Samsunny99: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Exactly my guy them no understand MOVEMENT,
Wetin them sabi
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by ritzyvic1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
I ain't an expert in law but there seems to be a point in his argument.

The seller handed him the key and they didn't agree to any limit he can go during the test driving.

He didn't steal the car, he only moved it grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Angrygoat: 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shut up there thief. Idiot t. You pulled up at a gas station ,while the dealer went to use his card to get some fuel..Just like a thiefthat you are ,ole. You zoomed off to delta. Oh u felt delta yahoo boys will buy the car ba.hahahahaha.ole... idiot....
So u could not go back to the dealers garage,or wait by side of filling station. U ran away .hahahahaha. he should be dealth with and jailed pls.
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by yarimo(m): 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Don't worry, Police will also move you to prison.
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
I did NOT steal the meat, I ONLY transported it from the pot to my stomach.
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Diddycsbsb: 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
Just imagine what is coming out from your mouth,. I have read everything, bro you are a chronic liar.
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Morbeta11(m): 2:37am On Jul 19, 2023
Test-A-Thon......
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2023
You're not a prisoner, you will just be relocated to jail for some years.
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by MissLeslie(m): 8:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Crazy fellow will support the idiot, u know his car lots and u didn't return it there instead you face delta to do show biz for your village people. Na prison you dey go las las.
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Nairablink(m): 8:52am On Jan 23
Ode
Re: I Am Not A Thief, I Only Moved The Car From Abuja To Delta State by Melagros(m): 4:00pm On Jan 23
COMRADES
This motherfvcker should be made to face the full wrath of the law

(1) (Reply)

She Seduced Him! / Winners Pastor Accused Of Rape! / 11 Dead, 8 Injured In Ilorin Autocrash (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.