Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

How A Lady We Speak Same Dialect Refuses To Return Airtime I Wrongly Sent To Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Lady We Speak Same Dialect Refuses To Return Airtime I Wrongly Sent To Her (368 Views)

9-year-old Black Boy Wrongly Accused Of Sexual Assault By A White Woman (video) / Man Wrongly Arrested For Murder Discharged After Spending 6 Years In Jail. PICS / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Lady We Speak Same Dialect Refuses To Return Airtime I Wrongly Sent To Her by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
I'm fuelled to create this thread based on what an OP serving in Abia state, posted earlier.

Let me tell you the story of how the person we speak the same Ibadan dialect refuses to send the airtime I mistakenly sent to her back. Yesterday the data on my MTN broadband finished and I needed to do another one, but Sapa hold my neck. So, I begged my girlfriend to help me recharge the line with #1,500 and she agreed, in the process of giving her the line's number I mistakenly alternated one of the numbers by giving another person's number...

To cut the long story short, I called the number and luckily for me the number belongs to a Yoruba woman, I told her that I mistakenly recharged her line with #,1500 airtime, but she said she didn't see anything, meanwhile my girlfriend had been debited #1,500 by Access Bank, after she made the transaction. I called her again and plead that she should please help me send the airtime back if she sees it that we had been debited, She said okay!

I waited for few minutes, and called her back. This time she gave the phone to a man to speak with me, I begged them and offered them to send me #1,000 from the #1,500 I mistakenly sent to them. The man she gave the phone to now asked me if I would be able to write the recharge pin, and I said yes, then he started calling the number by saying ...901 and he switched to cursing me; He said (Ò ní jèré) in English it means "One wouldn't make profits"...

I hung up and return the curse to him in my mind.

Albeit, I'm a Yoruba guy from Ibadan in Oyo state, but I was born and brought in Lagos state, am currently serving in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom state.

However, my perspect based on this issue is that one's behavior should be judged based on individual's personality, not based on where they hail from, not often in some cases, but sometimes humans locality determines how they behave.

Perhaps, this occurrence can't be actualized on most times.

However, the money really pained me, I couldn't just cried yesterday, coz I use data a lot as a self-taught Software Developer and the only time I'll be able to do enough data is month end as per say na FG #33k man dey take survive and side hUStle nor dey this Uyo, Akwa-Ibom like Lagos.
Re: How A Lady We Speak Same Dialect Refuses To Return Airtime I Wrongly Sent To Her by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
EngrOgunrinola1:
I'm fuelled to create this thread based on what an OP serving in Abia state, posted earlier.

Let me tell you the story of how the person we speak the same Ibadan dialect refuses to send the airtime I mistakenly sent to her back. Yesterday the data on my MTN broadband finished and I needed to do another one, but Sapa hold my neck. So, I begged my girlfriend to help me recharge the line with #1,500 and she agreed, in the process of giving her the line's number I mistakenly alternated one of the numbers by giving another person's number...

To cut the long story short, I called the number and luckily for me the number belongs to a Yoruba woman, I told her that I mistakenly recharged her line with #,1500 airtime, but she said she didn't see anything, meanwhile my girlfriend had been debited #1,500 by Access Bank, after she made the transaction. I called her again and plead that she should please help me send the airtime back if she sees it that we had been debited, She said okay!

I waited for few minutes, and called her back. This time she gave the phone to a man to speak with me, I begged them and offered them to send me #1,000 from the #1,500 I mistakenly sent to them. The man she gave the phone to now asked me if I would be able to write the recharge pin, and I said yes, then he started calling the number by saying ...901 and he switched to cursing me; He said (Ò ní jèré) in English it means "One wouldn't make profits"...

Albeit, I'm a Yoruba guy from Ibadan in Oyo state, but I was born and brought in Lagos state, am currently serving in Uyo, Akwa-Ibom state.

However, my perspect based on this issue is that one's behavior should be judged based on individual's personality, not based on where they hail from, not often in some cases, but sometimes humans locality determines how they behave.

However, the money really pained me, I couldn't just cried yesterday, coz I use data a lot as a self-taught Software Developer and the only time I'll be able to do enough data is month end as per say na FG #33k man dey take survive and side hUStle nor dey this Uyo, Akwa-Ibom like Lagos.

So your "girlfriend" does not know your number offhand?
Abi she doesn't have it on her phone

Na lie and tribalism go finish you chinedu!
Re: How A Lady We Speak Same Dialect Refuses To Return Airtime I Wrongly Sent To Her by epondudu: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Op this your story get k leg.
Re: How A Lady We Speak Same Dialect Refuses To Return Airtime I Wrongly Sent To Her by valiju: 8:21am On Jul 19, 2023
Ibadan of all city ibi olé gbe jare oni kan Ibadan na theif simple
EngrOgunrinola1:

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Confirms Kanu’s Letter, Says Power-Drunk Simon Ekpa Shouldn't Torture Igbos / DSS arrests NIRSAL boss for ‘conspiring with Emefiele’ to loot printing, minting / CBN Probe: Preliminary Report Indict Emefiele, Acting CBN Gov Shonubi And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.