Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,164 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! (14730 Views)

Who Shld Decide Food To Eat In The House. Husband Or Wife. / Salary/allowance For Spouse( Housewives House Husband) / Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 19, 2023
I have seen situations where the wife is very wealthy and there are kids in the family. My question is, can you as a man, leave your job to become a full time house-husband, taking care of the kids and the home while your wife works at her very lucrative job?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by talented321: 12:58am On Jul 19, 2023
House boy, may my parents not forgive me if i try that nonsense for my entire life time

181 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 1:17am On Jul 19, 2023
talented321:
House boy, may my parents not forgive me if try that nonsense for my entire life time
A HouseWife is a house-girl? undecided

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by talented321: 1:26am On Jul 19, 2023
i am not in support of this full housewife of a thing unless my woman decide it, she have to assist herself with business or any small thing that will earn her money at the end of the day.
Kobojunkie:
A HouseWife is a house-girl? undecided

17 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Jul 19, 2023
talented321:
i am not in support of this full housewife of a thing unless my woman decide it, she have to assist herself with business or any small thing that will earn her money at the end of the day.
I see! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by BItt: 2:43am On Jul 19, 2023
It won't work because a man has a purpose and Men are naturally adventurous unlike women.

Unlike women who just want comfort and money without having to work for it

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 19, 2023
Eating my popcorn jejely! Let the show begin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Oizee(f): 5:20am On Jul 19, 2023
I doubt any reasonable man will wish that on himself unless circumstance just put them there temporarily.

I

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Omihanifa: 5:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Are you trying to shade anita Joseph husband?

Sit at home umunwa grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by talented321: 5:48am On Jul 19, 2023
God bless u
Oizee:
I doubt any reasonable man will wish that on himself unless circumstance just put them there temporarily.

I

18 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Candidlady: 5:56am On Jul 19, 2023
Nothing bad in it...

Stay-at-home dad

In Nigeria today most men stay at home with the excuse that they are working remotely while it is their wives that actually do the 9-4pm jobs

Men are getting extremely lazy... Anyways they have always been like that...

Eve went in search of food for that lazy man called Adam.. dude was just at home in the garden waiting to be fed by his wife...

And they still blame the poor woman for enlightening MEN.. INGRATES

Likes of Samueltemi337 and miracrood2 lazy set of individuals who would rather beg and gamble their wives money away

Ireject beings like em for my sisters out there

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Dogalmighty17: 7:02am On Jul 19, 2023
Candidlady:
Nothing bad in it...

Stay-at-home dad

In Nigeria today most men stay at home with the excuse that they are working remotely while it is their wives that actually do the 9-4pm jobs

Men are getting extremely lazy... Anyways they have always been like that...

Eve went in search of food for that lazy man called Adam.. dude was just at home in the garden waiting to be fed by his wife...

And they still blame the poor woman for enlightening MEN.. INGRATES

Likes of Samueltemi337 and miracrood2 lazy set of individuals who would rather beg and gamble their wives money away

Ireject beings like em for my sisters out there

Your dumbness never ceases to amaze. Why are you so bitter. ?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Candidlady: 7:03am On Jul 19, 2023
Dogalmighty17:

Your dumbness never ceases to amaze. Why are you so bitter. ?

Your monicker says it all...

Dog almighty

Idont speak animal language

Do have a lovely Wednesday Mr Dog

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Shalommy(f): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2023
Candidlady:

Your monicker says it all...
Dog almighty

Idont speak animal language
Do have a lovely Wednesday Mr Dog
Chaii.. cheesy cheesy. Baby, be calming wink

7 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Acidosis(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2023
Wait, I don't understand the idea of denigrating anything with the prefix "house".

Housewife - wahala
Housemaid/house girl - wahala
Househusband - wahala

Do you guys hate your house that much? After paying hundred of thousands to a million naira on rental, why allow public sentiments mess with your psyche so much that you begin to run away from the house you paid for like say dem dey pursue you?

Your house ought to be that place you always want to be. If there's room to WFH, why not? That's an opportunity to make some money and bond with your children. It's also an opportunity to enjoy the comfort you paid for. You're paying electricity bill, Netflix/Amazon prime/dstv, WiFi, etc. every damn month, but in order to prove your manliness, you would rather hang out from 6am to 10pm daily even on weekends. There is no better definition for mental illness.

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by emmaodet: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2023
Acidosis:
Wait, I don't understand the idea of denigrating anything with the prefix "house".

Housewife - wahala
Housemaid/house girl - wahala
Househusband - wahala

Do you guys hate your house that much? After paying hundred of thousands to a million naira on rental, why allow public sentiments mess with your psyche so much that you begin to run away from the house you paid for like say dem dey pursue you?

Your house ought to be that place you always want to be. If there's room to WFH, why not? That's an opportunity to make some money and bond with your children. It's also an opportunity to enjoy the comfort you paid for. You're paying electricity bill, Netflix/Amazon prime/dstv, WiFi, etc. every damn month, but in order to prove your manliness, you would rather hang out from 6am to 10pm daily even on weekends. There is no better definition for mental illness.

grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by talented321: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2023
Do u get the message' u are to wash the plates, cook 4 ur wife, take care of children e.g wear them pampers, clean their sh*t and vice versa, take them to school everyday and go nd pick them after school, wash ur wife's clothes and that of the children, iron them and vice versa. that is an erand man that one is different from ur writeup.
Acidosis:

Househusband - wahala

Do you guys hate your house that much? After paying hundred of thousands to a million naira on rental, why allow public sentiments mess with your psyche so much that you begin to run away from the house you paid for like say dem dey pursue you?. You're paying electricity bill, Netflix/Amazon prime/dstv, WiFi, etc. every damn month, but in order to prove your manliness, you would rather hang out from 6am to 10pm daily even on weekends. There is no better definition for mental illness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Acidosis(m): 10:35am On Jul 19, 2023
talented321:
Do u get the message' u are to wash the plates, cook 4 ur wife, take care of children e.g wear them pampers, clean their sh*t and vice versa, take them to school everyday and go nd pick them after school, wash ur wife's clothes and that of the children, iron them and vice versa. that is an erand man that one is different from ur writeup.

Even women who do these things still find a way to employ the services of a maid. So why would any man want to kill himself with chores because his wife earns from "a very lucrative job" (according to the OP). Lucrative wey no fit employ the services of maids and assistants? You see why I couldn't answer his question? E no make sense.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by talented321: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2023
It depend on ur condition because some men are doing it.
Acidosis:

Even women who do these things still find a way to employ the services of a maid. So why would any man want to kill himself with chores because his wife earns from "a very lucrative job" (according to the OP). Lucrative wey no fit employ the services of maids and assistants? You see why I couldn't answer his question? E no make sense.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Acidosis(m): 10:41am On Jul 19, 2023
talented321:
It depend on ur condition because some men are doing it.

- Unemployment... Yes

- Living in countries where the services of house assistants are barely affordable... Yes

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Lannyjoe4u: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
You say??
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by pansophist(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
Yes of course. If I work from home.

But if being a fulltime house husband implies a release from duty to provide, hell no.

10 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by TinubuGoQuench(f): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
Useless question

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Odunharry(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
see reasoning..

No matter how woke people are trying to be, there are roles and responsibilities that are gender specific.

Don't allow a woman do your work as a man. Nature didn't design it that way.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by oluwaseyi0: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Completely impossible

if my wife get a better job or foreign job and one of us as to stay home I'll stay home if I can't indepently hire a nanny

but with the stay home I will find something doing, God forbid I'll have to ask my wife for things as little as shaving stick out of not been able to afford it

if it's to look for online work, something something that must bring in money no matter how little

I don't mind my wife doing the most in the house if fate arrange us that way but as a man I must hold my end, at all at all na hin bad

11 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by Orubebe01: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by masterfactor(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
God4bid bad thing, A man was not created for that. A man who accepted such is a Simp.
Team Alpha
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by ukaface(f): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
BItt:
It won't work because a man has a purpose and Men are naturally adventurous unlike women.

Unlike women who just want comfort and money without having to work for it
what an analogy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by GoodRocks: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
OP are you on colos?

Which weed you smoke?
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by eleniyan2020: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
talented321:
na ur wife go de decide!
Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by CondemnBattery(f): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Stupid question from a lazy youth.
A man is a provider.
If a man can't provide for his family, he's worse than an infidel.

No food for a lazy man

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! by yemmit90: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
The thing no even sweet for mouth, full time house husband?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / "Churches Should Add "Let Me Die The Day I Cheat On You" To Marriage Vow"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.