Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,635 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Things I Found Out About Sweden! - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things I Found Out About Sweden! (85424 Views)

Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Do You Know Anything About Sweden Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by omoluka: 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
Different strokes for different folks, my top 3 still remains Ca, Ausie and US/SWIZ/UK grin

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2023
00FFT00:

Nigeria is a hard terrain as it is, but some people are genuinely and daily making bank, while others cry hunger. It's all about you. Also, is it my understanding that all you see German ladies good for, are to be used for papers?

Well no be the same guys abroad saying that European ladies see Nigerian men as ugly. So aside a contract marriage where the lady at least gains money while the man gets papers what else would a Nigerian man need a German lady for?
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Eyanbahose: 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
Things I found out in Sweden.

• I paid commission to exchange my US dollars to Swedish krone! Foreign currency is actually not craved for here like we do in Africa

• Everyone is helpful, nice & kind. Can give up their food for you. Their social welfare system is the best in the world.

• It's a totally cashless economy here. Yes, you actually dont need a paper money. Everything is digitalized including buying anything!

• Everyone works. The bills are crazy so any krones is needed. The Swedes are naturally, big, brawny, smart and strong. So working hard is never a problem.

* Work resumes by 10 am here due to weather changes. I mean formal jobs, not non skilled jobs.

• During summer, the sun doesn't go down. Meaning, there's no night. You can get sick due to body adopting these time changes. My first night i Stockholm, i slept around 1am without knowing its that late.

• Its really stable here. Count your self lucky like me if you have access to Sweden, it takes a lot to get their papers! Their paper can straighten out some shits in your life. I am a testimony.

• Stockholm is an idea City to raise up a child as everything is cool, lovely and good! World class primary & secondary schooling FREE.

• Crime rate is really low. Yahoo, fraud or other social vices can not work here. You will be caught easily as there are traits to everything you do

• Swedes are normally thieves, they are the original Vikings or sea faring thieves of past, so to curb that natural trait to steal, the government has done a lot to ensure everything can be tranced, this gave rise to a cashless, contactless economy that has proved to very efficient! In order words, it has made the Swedes to be law abiding because off what use is it to steal when you know you will be caught? Well, their prison is better than most average homes in Africa!

• Transportation is relatively fixed. For 3.9$ (39SEK) you can get a ride on the bullet train to anywhere in Stockholm for 75minutes. No other fee applies.

• Beside Rent, food, anyone can survive in Stockholm without much of a deal! With a Salary of $3000 per month, you'd live like a king! Especially if you work remotely!

• You don't really need public transport/a car to move around city, except you are hopping from one island to another. A scooter or bicycle would be more helpful!

• Swedes are Innovative, they have customized bicycles to various roles in the house, or work.

• I prefer living in Stockholm than anywhere in USA or Canada.

• The gap between rich and poor is low compared to France or UK. Here the richest man might be that fellow riding an electric scooter, or drinking low beer with you in the pub.

• Most houses in Stockholm do not have physical keys... They use codes type into the door to open. So if you have no business there, you gat no reason

• Almost everyone drives a bicycle, or scooter to move from one place to another.

• Sweden is really expensive to live in, but has one of the highest quality of life you can imagine.

• Everyone drink tap water. It's squeaky clean & safe. pH value is almost 7.0 on the dot!

• I met several Nigerians, most of them left Italy to reside here. They're always preferred before other African nationalities.

• Nigerians here, as in Kigali keep the law.
Baba, pls I'm on my knees. How can I get into this country? Pls can you help state all the options? 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lagos economy is growing. It is now over $100 billion
That is double what it was 10 years ago
Can you tell us how many countries in the world have achieved that?
your premise that they have lexy2014 been unable to drive growth is untrue

$3000 a month will make u live like a king anywhere in d world not just in Sweden. That's about 2.3m in Nigeria. That can make a huge difference in anyone's life. The question is how accessible are such income opportunities?

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Innobee99(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Astra101:
How is night life there I mean clubbing and socializing with people. Are they racist?

Can one get a nice girlfriend easily?
One sure reason God doesn't grant some prayers and request is because of the dirty motives that first comes to our mind when he finally gives us such opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 00FFT00(m): 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well no be the same guys abroad saying that European ladies see Nigerian men as ugly. So aside a contract marriage where the lady at least gains money while the man gets papers what else would a Nigerian man need a German lady for?

Nigerians!.
Some of you truly earned the contempt they treat you with worldwide.

4 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by tyup(m): 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
fayomim:

I will just act as if I didn't see this..

Don't be stupid next time

Lol He has replied your questions in the early thread over and over again to people that asked. I'm sure you saw it yet you're still asking
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by tyup(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
Purvan:

Nah I'm good with that

I've been to Juarez a couple of months and I like it there
oops alright. Goodluck
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Ganjafama(m): 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Yeah, I remember the Swede musical group, ABBA.

Their song, Dancing Queen still plays in my head.
One of the ABBA ladies (the one with dark hair) is Norwegian.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SirBunky85(m): 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Anytime I read the bold from Africans, esp Nigerians, I shake my head. People who trade in tribalism used it to flog other people who went to vote, exterminate communities because the indigenes are of a different ethnic group, and many more are suddenly worried about racism. Racism is way worse than tribalism because you both are of the same race aka share the same skin colour. The annoying thing about the tribalism is the privation bedevilling both people. People wey poverty don nack their head pass talking drum dey carry tribalism for head like gala. A South Korean and Japanese might have issues because of their histories, but both persons are citizens of rich countries. Somewhere in Africa, two people go get problem even if their ethnic groups never had one historically, but these people are both poor. Most of them inhale generator fumes for a living. Others don turn camel because of fuel at N700. Tomorrow, they want to japa and are bothered about racism.

Nansense!

As always, better to reside with racists in a prosperous land than live with tribalists in the world's poverty capital. If you must discriminate against others, ensure you're prosperous at global levels.
senseless rant from a confused being
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SirBunky85(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, no Swede has entered a Norwegian village to slaughter more than 500 farmers. Yen yen yen, they are not nice to foreigners. Una dey nice to una selves? undecided
obingo spotted
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by saintruky(m): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
IT skills like?

CalmTravels:
The best way to get visas to Sweden and much of Schengen is no longer through Schooling, Covid-19 disrupted their economies hard. Its now through business, especially tech business! They will approve your visas sharp sharp.

They even have flexible working permits so entrepreneurs can come provide jobs for lots of people who came from a 3rd country, have work permits but no jobs. So in other words they are giving you papers so you can employ asylum seekers, graduates from universities who are mostly Africans or Indians. I know an east African Masters holder, doing a cleaning job. I shudder in horror. Well, that's what the city can provide though.

To survive and live like a king in Sweden, just have excellent IT Skills, have a remote job that pays you good. My dear, you will understand that Life is extremely good!
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by extremelygolden: 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
tyup:

Marry before going. this is not a family advice tho

Why? Their system doesn't support single ladies?

What if I am not interested in marriage or relationships, just making money and acquiring wealth?

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Parrotpal(m): 11:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
In Europe, if its not Germany, Scandinavia or Switzerland, forget it! The others are in pitiable condition especially UK

What is your opinion about Austria?

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by tyup(m): 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
extremelygolden:

Why? Their system doesn't support single ladies?

What if I am not interested in marriage or relationships, just making money and acquiring wealth?

The truth is, it'll get boring with time cuz there's no one to share how your day with or anyone to talk to just yourself. Sweds are nice people but not typa people that gives room for friendship. it'd be a long route to depression with time.

6 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Saintsquare(m): 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
Was there in 2021, many immigrants doing delivery jobs, airport cleaners and McDonald's attendants.

Beautiful country, very expensive and well planned.

Aside I.T jobs, it's highly recommended to learn the language for one to get an average corporate job.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Alldew: 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
God, when will it be me giving update like this? God abeg run am for me nah.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SpicyMimi(f): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
In Europe, if its not Germany, Scandinavia or Switzerland, forget it! The others are in pitiable condition especially UK

Typical…because you live in Sweden, other countries are ugly Abi? Like seriously…you need to outgrow this way of thinking as you are now in a civilised community.

6 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SpicyMimi(f): 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
Jobs are hard everywhere...... IT sector is the helping grace of lots of people now. Is it easy to get a job in Canada? No. What about UK? The only exception is USA or Germany

Have you lived in U.K? Who told you getting jobs in U.K is difficult like Sweden?
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by emekajacobogbon(m): 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Anytime I read the bold from Africans, esp Nigerians, I shake my head. People who trade in tribalism used it to flog other people who went to vote, exterminate communities because the indigenes are of a different ethnic group, and many more are suddenly worried about racism. Racism is way worse than tribalism because you both are of the same race aka share the same skin colour. The annoying thing about the tribalism is the privation bedevilling both people. People wey poverty don nack their head pass talking drum dey carry tribalism for head like gala. A South Korean and Japanese might have issues because of their histories, but both persons are citizens of rich countries. Somewhere in Africa, two people go get problem even if their ethnic groups never had one historically, but these people are both poor. Most of them inhale generator fumes for a living. Others don turn camel because of fuel at N700. Tomorrow, they want to japa and are bothered about racism.

Nansense!

As always, better to reside with racists in a prosperous land than live with tribalists in the world's poverty capital. If you must discriminate against others, ensure you're prosperous at global levels.

God bless you
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by extremelygolden: 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
tyup:

The truth is, it'll get boring with time cuz there's no one to share how your day with or anyone to talk to just yourself. Sweds are nice people but not typa people that gives room for friendship. it'd be a long route to depression with time.

I now understand. Thank you.
Albeit that, I will still want to relocate to Sweden if it's possible. I was thinking Canada initially, but it seems I am having a change of mind. My partner will likely come and join me later (if he changes his mind sha). You know they're people that love Nigeria so much that no matter the situation of the country they'll rather stay put. E weak me.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by sunnyg12(m): 11:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
Good country to visit.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by vickin407(m): 12:22am On Jul 21, 2023
Have you checked the population of Sweden... compared to most of those countries mentioned above..

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Iamzik: 12:30am On Jul 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lagos economy is growing. It is now over $100 billion

How has the economic growth impacted on quality of life and development of the city? I live In Lagos and most of the city is a sorry sight to behold.

Economic growth and growing tax/revenue that cannot translate to improved quality of life is not an achievement

4 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Sniper101(m): 12:33am On Jul 21, 2023
Stockholm
Stuttgart
Istanbul
Prague
Vienna

These cities, in less than half of half of a decade from now, i go relocate to one of 'em.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Yankee101: 12:35am On Jul 21, 2023
If you want money come to America
If you want average go to Europe
If you want our Ghana, go to Canada

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Pius4luv2023: 1:12am On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
For me, Swedish visa is very easy to get as i apply through Rwanda. I got it in 5 days! Like i said before, they are tightening the route through education because most people from 3rd country, come school & dont like to go back to their country. They need businesses who can at least employ them.....

That is why they easily give visas to entrepreneurs than to students

Do you apply with your Nigeria passport or do you apply with your Rwanda Passport ?

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by mkoabiola: 1:32am On Jul 21, 2023
Language barrier is d msjor problem for blacks migrating

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 9japride(m): 1:49am On Jul 21, 2023
cezarman:

Lol... At least they won't dish the kind of hatred we Nigerians show each other here daily tongue
[color=#006600][/color]

grin Yea, that's true.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 9japride(m): 1:51am On Jul 21, 2023
Quebec91:
You dey mind those mumus falling for the guy stories up there, cuz sweden works for him doesnt make it work for everyone, see as he describe sweden alone as the only best place to live in. Haha , some people

Just enjoy your sweden in peace and stop disturbing us here undecided
[color=#006600][/color]

It works for few people. Experience they say is the best teacher.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 9japride(m): 1:54am On Jul 21, 2023
cocolacec:

Eritreans have overtaken Somalis with getting residence permit easily.,Ukraine,Syria,Eritrea,Yemen tops the chart for succesful asylum applications in Sweden
[color=#006600][/color]

Nigeria is one of the countries with high Schengen rejection rate. Them dey look for any k-leg for one's application.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Gerrard59(m): 3:11am On Jul 21, 2023
SirBunky85:
senseless rant from a confused being

Cretinous fvcktard! Too much soot inhaled while living in Pitakwa has affected your Agbado brain.

Idiat!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.