Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? (2163 Views)

Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? / I Need Help In Making A Career Choice: Networking Or Programming? / Java Programming Vs Networking: Which Is More Profitable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? by Ceekay(m): 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2011
Pls i need advice.
I want to delve into one of the above, which do you think is better for me?
Pls i just want plain advice and not comparism

Thanks
Re: Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? by dellnet: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
both
Re: Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? by okeyxyz(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2011
undecided
Re: Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? by GoodMuyis(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2011
Both side deals with practicals and its constantly upgraded with time but Programming require much of your time that Practical Field Work Networking, but take note that some aspect of Networking may require that you design Program so so can run away from Hard-Coding when talking about IT.
So my advice is that Do both while you give one higher priority

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? by yamakuza: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2011
Both are interesting, though networking can easily become mundane and programming, tasking.

Programming pays more though the gigs are fewer and harder to land than networking.

I usually advice people to learn both, starting with networking.

This is because you can easily master networking in a short while and start being productive immediately while programming is more of a long term journey.

1 Like

Re: Pls Which Is More Profitable And Less Boring: Networking Or Programming? by Bossman(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2011
Whatever you do, make sure it's something you will like doing. Programming will be challenging and if you are up to it challenges, solving problems, etc., it's certainly one to go into. Bottom line, do not go into any field ONLY because of the money. Get a programming and networking book read through, and you should be able to determine which one suits you.

(1) (Reply)

How I Ventured Into Software Engineering / The Most Awesome Screen Recorder For Chrome – Vidmore Screen Recorder / Pls Help, Website For C/c++ Compiler Free Download Windows 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.