Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. (37858 Views)

Meet Ogbonna Okemiri, Nigerian Defender Who Plays With One Eye / Manchester City Sign Camron Gbadebo, Nigerian Defender From Leicester City / PSG Signs Ander Herrera On Free Transfer Until 2024 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by naptu2: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2023
Nicole Payne at Paris Saint-Germain

NEWS July 20, 2023

Paris Saint-Germain is pleased to announce the arrival of Nicole Payne. The Nigerian international defender joins the Red and Blue until June 2026.

Nicole Payne was born in Birmingham (Alabama, USA), where she started playing football. After playing for the Concorde Fire, a club based in Atlanta, she joined the University of West Virginia in 2019 and played 3 seasons with the "Montaineers" (53 games, 4 goals).

In 2022, the defender continued her career and studies in psychology at the University of Southern California. She played in every match during the season, accumulating a total of 16 matches and 3 goals.

The young full-back first wore the jersey of the United States in the U15, U16, U17 and U18 selections before being called, in 2021, to the Nigerian team. She now has 2 appearances with the Super Falcons.

Paris Saint-Germain welcome Nicole to the Rouge et Bleu squad.

https://www.psg.fr/equipes/football-feminin/content/nicole-payne-sengage-avec-le-paris-saint-germain-jusquen-2026

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by naptu2: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2023
American-born Nigerian sisters Toni Oyedupe Payne and Nicole Oyeyemisi Payne. Toni Payne (ToeKnee Payne) is currently playing for the Super Falcons at the Women's World Cup, but unfortunately Nicole Payne was not selected.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by naptu2: 7:52am On Jul 21, 2023
PSG Sign Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne

The player was part of the Nigerian side that finished fourth at the 2022 African Women's Cup of Nations (AWCON) in Morocco.

By Emmanuel Egobiambu
Updated July 20, 2023

Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) have signed Super Falcons star Nicole Payne, the club said on Thursday.

“Paris Saint-Germain are delighted to announce the arrival of Nicole Payne. The Nigerian international defender joins the Rouge et Bleu until June 2026,” the French outfit said in a statement announcing Payne’s arrival.

“Paris Saint-Germain would like to welcome Nicole to the Rouge et Bleu squad,” they added.

The player was part of the Nigerian side that finished fourth at the 2022 African Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON) in Morocco.

She was born in Birmingham (Alabama, USA) where she started her football career.

Nicole featured for the US at U15, U16, U17, and U18 levels before teaming up with the Super Falcons in 2021. So far, she has made two appearances for the Africans.

But she was not part of Nigeria’s team for the 2023 World Cup taking place in Australia and New Zealand.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/20/psg-sign-nigerian-defender-nicole-payne/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Fortune2121: 8:19am On Jul 21, 2023
Nice one
Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Benki003(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2023
I thought it was the male players I was highly disappointed

5 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Englishisamust: 10:33am On Jul 21, 2023
OMO THIS GIRL UGLYOOO.... BUT NOT BAD TO BE A HOUSEWIFE

12 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by jimmyolasun: 10:34am On Jul 21, 2023
Make I go dey toast one of them as an African prince wey I be 🤗

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by etcme(m): 10:34am On Jul 21, 2023
Nigeria keep representing except Pre..... T

4 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by yewit37486: 10:34am On Jul 21, 2023
Two sisters both in the game. Nice one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by ModAdvert: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2023
naptu2:
American-born Nigerian sisters Toni Oyedupe Payne and Nicole Oyeyemisi Payne. Toni Payne (ToeKnee Payne) is currently playing for the Super Falcons at the Women's World Cup, but unfortunately Nicole Payne was not selected.
That's great

12 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Flango: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2023
smiley
Nice one. We're moving... BTW, I didn't give the falcons much of a chance against Canada, the reigning Olympic champion, early this morning. I was proud of their draw. Even more happy for Chiamaka Nnadozie's penalty save.

Up next is the Maltidas of Australia. A tough one though, but we'll try. If the falcons can come out of that group, it's already a successful world cup cool

13 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Turnoverr: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2023
Nice
Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by KimFlorence: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2023
Englishisamust:
OMO THIS GIRL UGLYOOO.... BUT NOT BAD TO BE A HOUSEWIFE

Sadist spotted

11 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Faber(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Okay na
Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by bewla(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2023
G
Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by AhhySiob: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2023

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by drinkgarri: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2023
Congrats thou.Nigerians are hardworking. Keep it up. God, don't let me waste my talent, energy and time here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by odemeetu1: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2023
The way her story take come front page... E look as if Nairaland get hand for that Signing

1 Like

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by ATEAMS: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2023
Nice
Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Savechild23: 10:41am On Jul 21, 2023
95% female footballers are bi or le gosians

2 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Burruchaga71(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2023
Odi okay...
Igbo always Amaka!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2023
It would favour me and my family amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Adakintroy: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2023
She is no Nigerian. Which one be Nicole Payne.

We be Amara, AFisat, rukevwe, bimbo self.

Nicole ke, that one na white lady.

3 Likes

Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by Englishisamust: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2023
KimFlorence:

Sadist spotted

Does ugly means anything. Im ugly too,
Re: PSG Signs Nigerian Defender Nicole Payne. by helinues: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2023
That Usa siblings grin

Congratulations to her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) / Babyface Babatunde Wins N2m At GOTV Boxing Night In Just 10 Minutes (Photos) / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Their Remaining World Cup Matches In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.