Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience (1573 Views)

Again, Controversy Trails 3.5ghz Spectrum Auction, 5G Rollout / 8 Inches Tablet 4G Network 1gb 16gb 4000mah Power Dual 2.4ghz/5ghz Wifi With Fr / Hp Envy 15, 2.4ghz Core I7, 12gb Ram, 1tb Hdd, 10gb Nvidia Graphics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 4:57am On Jul 22, 2023
I bought the MTN router recently hoping to improve my internet connectivity after moving to a new environment with averagely poor network connectivity.
The router has 2 channels 2.4ghz and 5ghz. It's an MTN 5g router. I live in a purely 4G LTE environment. No 5g yet

Here are the pics comparing the router speed to my phone and also it's 2 channels
1st: phone speed using fast.com

1 Like

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 4:59am On Jul 22, 2023
2nd: MTN5G router using its 2.4ghz channel

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 5:00am On Jul 22, 2023
3rd: MTN5G router using its 5ghz channel
Downloading files and apps are pretty damn fast(very fast) using the 5ghz channel. But the problem is the reach, the moment you move by a block to another room, the visibility becomes greatly reduced. Regular browsing will suffice on the 2.4ghz channel, but heavy internet browsing and Downloading switch to its 5ghz and see internet speed on steroids

1 Like

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by HacheNoire: 5:07am On Jul 22, 2023
Your results do not make actual and defined sense.

Both bandwidths have a purpose.

If you really want to arrive at a conclusion, you have to include distance to router in your analysis.

That's the best way I can make you learn and see reasons
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 5:11am On Jul 22, 2023
HacheNoire:
Your results do not make actual and defined sense.

Both bandwidths have a purpose.

If you really want to arrive at a conclusion, you have to include distance to router in your analysis.

That's the best way I can make you learn and see reasons

Everything was done within the same distance, inside the same room
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by HacheNoire: 5:13am On Jul 22, 2023
Peterlove11:

Everything was done within the same distance, inside the same room

So you are bound to believe the 5ghz is faster than the 2.5. Now double or triple the distance. At some point, you will find what the advantages of the 2.5ghz
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 5:21am On Jul 22, 2023
HacheNoire:

So you are bound to believe the 5ghz is faster than the 2.5. Now double or triple the distance. At some point, you will find what the advantages of the 2.5ghz

Am not techie, but after testing the 2 channels downloading files.....the 5ghz is much faster than the 2.4ghz. But I use the 2.4ghz more often because of its reach, it's wider and can still get things done with it
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by HacheNoire: 5:22am On Jul 22, 2023
Peterlove11:

Am not techie, but after testing the 2 channels downloading files.....the 5ghz is much faster than the 2.4ghz. But I prefer the 2.4ghz because of its reach, it's wider and can still get things done with it

Like I said earlier, distance is the DIFFERENCE.

I wouldn't want to introduce max power output to your case cos it will be irrelevant.
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Kewtt: 5:30am On Jul 22, 2023
HacheNoire:

I wouldn't want to introduce max power output to your case cos it will be irrelevant.

Shut up. His position is valid. The fact you couldn't afford dinner last night should not make you target the op with your crankiness

5 Likes

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 5:30am On Jul 22, 2023
HacheNoire:

Yes.....distance is one of the differences, I think power too. That 5ghz channel is faster than the 2.4ghz bro. Have run this test several times. Infact running speedtest on the 5ghz gulps my data like a camel drinking water.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by HacheNoire: 5:37am On Jul 22, 2023
Kewtt:

Shut up. His position is valid. The fact you couldn't afford dinner last night should not make you target the op with your crankiness

I wont join you in that sty.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Kewtt: 5:46am On Jul 22, 2023
HacheNoire:

I wont join you in that sty.

You dwell in the sty.... I only poured bleach on your cranky skull

1 Like

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by SouthSouth1914: 7:18am On Jul 22, 2023
This is what is needed minimum anywhere in Nigeria!

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by RubiesBanking: 7:55am On Jul 22, 2023
2.4GHz provides more coverage but less transmission speed, 5GHz provides more transmission speed but less coverage.

2.4 will be able to go through walls better than 5ghz. 5Ghz will do the same but it will require more power.

2.4 also has the same range as your Bluetooth, microwave and other devices, so it's prone to interference.

1 Like

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by CaptMarvel(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2023
Wooow I need to get this 5g router.

Last week I remember downloading 4.02gb file from the internet on my 3g, After about 6hrs of downloading, the download stopped at 4.0gb and then restart, I was just so angry, I didn't get the file and still wasted 4gb.
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
SouthSouth1914:
This is what is needed minimum anywhere in Nigeria!

Which network
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Peterlove11: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2023
CaptMarvel:
Wooow I need to get this 5g router.

Last week I remember downloading 4.02gb file from the internet on my 3g, After about 6hrs of downloading, the download stopped at 4.0gb and then restart, I was just so angry, I didn't get the file and still wasted 4gb.

The router really improved my internet experience. That's what me and my wife now use to surf the internet. Just put in a corner of the house and connect

1 Like

Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by SouthSouth1914: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2023
Peterlove11:

Which network

Read the OP message!
Re: MTN Router 2.4ghz Vs 5ghz.....my Experience by Whois(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Wifi on 5ghz is better if all device is not isolated

(1) (Reply)

Having Problem Installing Files On Nokia E65 / Blackberry 8900 Javelin Screen Needed / Missing Blackberry Appworld Icon- HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.