Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Rice Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Farming (307 Views)

My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rice Farming by Shantyken(m): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2023
Hello nairalanders,

Pls my people am thinking of going into agriculture full time specifically for rice farming and also into potatoes cultivation but how profitable is farming in nigeria.
Location of farm: cross river(south) or akwa ibom
Re: Rice Farming by drake2(m): 8:40am On Jul 22, 2023
What do you mean 'going into Agriculture'? Investing in rice farming or you doing the rice farming yourself?. If the later is yes, no crop farming is profitable if you are not trained and experienced. But if you invest through sound and experienced professionals; rice farming is the most profitable Agripreneurship at the moment.

Facebook farming and free information can't take you there; no two crop farms, locations and factors are the same. Seasoned Agronomists are readily available for consultations on a wide spectrum of crops, locations and soils. Engage them.

1 Like

Re: Rice Farming by MAMMAN777(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2023
drake2:
What do you mean 'going into Agriculture'? Investing in rice farming or you doing the rice farming yourself?. If the later is yes, no crop farming is profitable if you are not trained and experienced. But if you invest through sound and experienced professionals; rice farming is the most profitable Agripreneurship at the moment.

Facebook farming and free information can't take you there; no two crop farms, locations and factors are the same. Seasoned Agronomists are readily available for consultations on a wide spectrum of crops, locations and soils. Engage them.

He's right.
My added advice is to start small and put all your efforts in it, as rice can be trickish sometimes due to insect attack or flooding so starting small will help in building up your experience as they say experience is the best teacher.
Re: Rice Farming by Shantyken(m): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2023
drake2:

Doing it myself bro
Re: Rice Farming by Shantyken(m): 10:58am On Jul 22, 2023
MAMMAN777:

He's right.
My added advice is to start small and put all your efforts in it, as rice can be trickish sometimes due to insect attack or flooding so starting small will help in building up your experience as they say experience is the best teacher.
I appreciate ur comment
Re: Rice Farming by Theophinio(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
Shantyken:

Doing it myself bro

Why not partner with a practical rice farmer in Cross river state, that's the best way for you to go about it. Am currently looking for long grain rice farmers I could buy paddy rice from.

I will be moving to Ugep in Yakurr lga by end of the year
Re: Rice Farming by Shantyken(m): 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Theophinio:

Why not partner with a practical rice farmer in Cross river state, that's the best way for you to go about it. Am currently looking for long grain rice farmers I could buy paddy rice from.

I will be moving to Ugep in Yakurr lga by end of the year

Will that really work
Re: Rice Farming by Theophinio(m): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Shantyken:

Will that really work

Sure.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of Installing Drip Irrigation To 1 Acre Of Farmland / Sesame Cleaning Factory Needed / Cotton Seeds Oil Production Line, Machine Equipments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.