Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun (38368 Views)

Man Dies After Gulping Full Bottle Of Alcohol In One Shot (Pics/Video) / CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi Rects To Video Of Police Officers Drinking Alcohol / FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by maxiuc(m): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
Person bring drink and he no follow drink am

De play just dey play
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by mariovito(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
Don't worry, you'll come back.

I was sober for 6year+

I'm back now, though in moderation.

Acekidc4:
Alcoholism is Bad, I have been Sober for 3 year 7 Month Now. I drink for this life oooo!! Too much of a Thing is Bad.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by nairalanda1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
Friend did not poison them. He has no benefit from doing so.

The thing is, the alcohol they drank was most likely brewed illicitly. And the issue with illict alcohol is simple...it contains a lot of methanol. One unit of methanol is enough to kill a person. Infact 60 people died in one African country from drinking what they thought was proper alcohol...home made, but was actually illicit alcohol...with high methanol content.

Even then, if it was proper alcohol, it can cause posioning if the percentage is too high (something close to 100%)

That's why if you must drink, drink from a bottle that was brewed in a SON-approved brewery. For your life and the life of others. Drink legally brewed alcohol. At least, it may be expensive, but it has been made to standard.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by nairalanda1(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Acekidc4:
Alcoholism is Bad, I have been Sober for 3 year 7 Month Now. I drink for this life oooo!! Too much of a Thing is Bad.

Keep it up, man. Don't give up. Liver disease is a thing in many alcoholics...and it is not funny.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by MrBroke(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
I don't smoke, i don't drink, i have never tried any drugs ever. Am i dead?. Hell no. Even if the fucking earth smokes, that's never going to happen with me. I'm not easily susceptible and i hate illusions, I love reality. Drugs are illusions.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by MrBroke(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
I don't smoke, i don't drink, i have never tried any drugs ever. Am i dead?. Hell no. Even if the fucking earth smokes, that's never going to happen with me. I'm not easily susceptible and i hate illusions, I love reality. Drugs are illusions.

Someone might have poison them.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by OloyeVIII: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
They've been poisoned. You don't trust anyone in this life, guys be very careful out there, don't be too trusting.

The reason i only drink at home or when i go to one's house, is just incase something happens..
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Mickey448: 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
jackcanfield:
Hope people are not buying expired or adultrated drinks... And don't keep a drink for too long ... They do have shelf life ...if you don't want to drink give it to another... Especially those storing wine in cellars .

Iโ€™m afraid it means thereโ€™s something heavily wrong here, the friend who brought the drink is no where to be found and the families of the deceased said theyโ€™d prefer to bury their dead than press charges,hmmm ๐Ÿค”
Well ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ may the fallen rest on.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by tfelicityk(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
May God protect us from the evildoers, evil eyes and friends/relations who are enemies to us
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Holuwathosyn(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
Na their mumu kill them, why would someone offer a drink for reconciliation and not take it first?

If there is incarnation, them go know better.

RIP
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by erniok(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Daniella2252:

I'm at work right now, I'll update you later
On sunday? Ok, I dey wait.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Hellonearth: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
That's all they know how to do. Drinking and fucking their bastard sisters.
After they will come Nairaland to support a drug lord. Are they now high?
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by DaveHarry(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
One of the reasons I don't drink alcohol in public places nor any drink with friends(do I even have friends). If I'm drinking at all it's with me, myself and I. And highest quantity of alcohol I take is 2 mini pack Chelsea/squadron and it's only on Saturdays.

Say NO to locally made alcoholic drinks, majority of dem are poison in disguise.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by LionSquad89: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Trust a reconciled enemy at your own peril.
Rip to the dead will never be our portion this year but we gat to be careful.

1 Like

Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by papamodico: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Wicked world
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
Mickey448:

Iโ€™m afraid it means thereโ€™s something heavily wrong here, the friend who brought the drink is no where to be found and the families of the deceased said theyโ€™d prefer to bury their dead than press charges,hmmm ๐Ÿค”
Well ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™‚๏ธ may the fallen rest on.
Amen
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by fineberry(m): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Not even a girlfriend.......fear woman more bro, she fit do you strong thing o. There're Delilah out there.
PissInside:
We live in a very evil world.

That's why I ain't got no friends.

I make my money alone and hangout with my bitch when I feel like flexing.

1 Like

Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by John4B: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
The the person u had argument with and reconciled went home and brought a drink, let's call it reconciliation drink. And while u were drinking, he wasn't drinking from the drink even if to taste the drink like we normally in Igbo land. Due to hunger that has ravaged the region, taste for alcohol and joblessness it didn't occur to them that the normal thing the person that brought the drink should hv done is to drink a little from the bottle. Well, Rip to them.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Oxtertee(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
3 of the victims are from imagbon community close to nbl ijebu ode, I was shocked when I went home on Wednesday afternoon to pick some item at home and heard 3 people from the community died after consuming local gin (ogogoro)

Well, the figure is actually more than that coz another person died on Thursday.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Oxtertee(m): 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
nairalanda1:
Friend did not poison them. He has no benefit from doing so.

The thing is, the alcohol they drank was most likely brewed illicitly. And the issue with illict alcohol is simple...it contains a lot of methanol. One unit of methanol is enough to kill a person. Infact 60 people died in one African country from drinking what they thought was proper alcohol...home made, but was actually illicit alcohol...with high methanol content.

Even then, if it was proper alcohol, it can cause posioning if the percentage is too high (something close to 100%)

That's why if you must drink, drink from a bottle that was brewed in a SON-approved brewery. For your life and the life of others. Drink legally brewed alcohol. At least, it may be expensive, but it has been made to standard.

What they drank was actually ogogoro (locally brew gin)
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by nairalanda1(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Oxtertee:

What they drank was actually ogogoro (locally brew gin)

I won't be surprised...and it probably was not properly brewed, meaning the methanol content was high.

Ogogoro most of the time is properly brewed, so the friend probably thought he was buying the right stuff. Looks like he was wrong this time
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Oxtertee(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

I won't be surprised...and it probably was not properly brewed, meaning the methanol content was high.

Ogogoro most of the time is properly brewed, so the friend probably thought he was buying the right stuff. Looks like he was wrong this time

I gues so, coz not all the victims are not related to the initial story.

Others who died drank separately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by goody1shoe73(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2023
How did you break the habit?
Acekidc4:
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Lunar2010: 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Admols:
Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun

Source:
https://punchng.com/six-feared-dead-after-drinking-alcohol-in-ogun/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR05Z9UXnB1wzA6-qH62hl-caRLv0whZ_1EdUaS5Pfthk0hExhwcHq7quRI#Echobox=1690052559

Wish kain gist be dis wan again na?
Wait 1st;
Number one, they went to a Joint, to do what exactly? No be to go drink? If dem no wan buy drink from de Joint, why de guy no bring de drink from house as e dey go de Joint?
Number 2, either de guy papa/mama na strong native doctor or dem know de real tin wey kpuff de poor friends - for ALL de families to decide not to pursue justice.
In any case, may their souls rest with whomever/whatever they served while on earth.

1 Like

Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by 1stmojisola(m): 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2023
Acekidc4:

Tell them make dem know!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Acekidc4(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

Keep it up, man. Don't give up. Liver disease is a thing in many alcoholics...and it is not funny.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Acekidc4(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2023
mariovito:
Don't worry, you'll come back.

I was sober for 6year+

I'm back now, though in moderation.

Never. I hate it with Passion now.
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Acekidc4(m): 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
dikings:

No wonder you always spew thrash here

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Acekidc4(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
SaLongs1:
This is a possible case of poisoning and not drunkenness l think.

I Know, am just saying my own experience with Alcohol.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

2 Likes

Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by Daniella2252(f): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2023
erniok:

On sunday? Ok, I dey wait.
Yes I go to work on Sunday because I work in an hotel okay
Re: Six Feared Dead After Drinking Alcohol In Ogun by otunbateejay(m): 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
My brother is the alcohol that kill them they are more than 25 people's that have died in Ijebu ode am talking from Ijebu nobody kill them na d alcohol
Daniella2252:
This is just a preamble of the story, not the full and true narration..... 11 are dead now including two soldiers!!!!
What actually happened according to an eye witness is that, there as been a fight prior to the incident and after they settled the misunderstanding, one of them went to his house to bring so Jedi, most of those who died is not even part of the group, some were just passing and seeing that there's merrymaking in the place decided to branch..... The culprit is yet to be arrested sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Missing 15-Year-Old South African Girl Found Burnt To Death (Photos) / 36 Military Officers Killed In Niger State - DHQ / Hairdresser Beat And Pours Hot Pepper Water On Her Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.