Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Love Is Sweeter Than Power - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Is Sweeter Than Power (8272 Views)

Altars And Shrines: Power Is Greater Than Power. / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman / How cold/hot is your love? What kind of love is it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Interesting15: 7:20am On Jul 23, 2023
GOD is Omnipotent, the All-powerful One with unlimited power and authority. He is not only powerful, but He is Power. The Psalmist says, "God has spoken once, Twice I have heard this: That (all) power belongs to God." (Psalms 62:11).

However, God is not only Power, but God is also Love. God is not only all powerful, but He is also Love. Bible says "....God is love; and he that dwell in love dwelleth in God" (1 John 4:16). In fact, from scriptures, it appears God feels more comfortable aligning Himself with His Love dimension than His power dimension. He makes me realise that LOVE IS SWEETER THAN POWER.

A proof of His abundant love revolves around His sweet mercies. This was what prompted Him to keep pursuing after rebellious mankind. He is the All-powerful One who meekly keeps knocking at the door of the hearts of humans, wanting to have a formidable relationship with us. This is despite the fact that He can do without us, since He is all sufficient. A good explanation to this is this: LOVE IS SWEETER THAN POWER.

God loves you vehemently and He desires an intimate relationship with you to help you fulfil your destiny. It is your destiny to have an intimate righteous relationship with God that is eternal in nature through Jesus Christ. Then you will be empowered with the Holy Spirit to have dominion over creation, and you won't be a slave to anything - including poverty, sickness, satan, hell, sin, curses, etc.

While you have the power of self will, to live your life the way you like and turn against the way of the LORD, please, choose Love today, because it is sweeter. And you see, the law of love goes thus: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' - Jesus (Matthew 22:37‭-‬39)

If we all can embrace God's kind of love, our world will experience heaven on earth.

How can all these become realistic?
The bible says: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Hence, the first step is to embrace Jesus as your LORD and SAVIOUR. You must be determined to forsake anything sinful, and simply pray:

"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."

Eternal life resides in you, and it compells you to love God's way. God bless you.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/07/love-is-sweeter-than-power.html?m=1

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Interesting15: 7:22am On Jul 23, 2023
Happy Sunday, everyone. Jesus loves you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Interesting15: 7:24am On Jul 23, 2023
Jesus is Love

4 Likes

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by vdestro: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2023
Love is Power also!

1 Like

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Enddy50ty(m): 9:37am On Jul 23, 2023
Okay
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Juanmike(m): 9:37am On Jul 23, 2023
I prefer power.

6 Likes

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by phemmyfour: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2023
Interesting15:

GOD is Omnipotent, the All-powerful One with unlimited power and authority. He is not only powerful, but He is Power. The Psalmist says, "God has spoken once, Twice I have heard this: That (all) power belongs to God." (Psalms 62:11).

However, God is not only Power, but God is also Love. God is not only all powerful, but He is also Love. Bible says "....God is love; and he that dwell in love dwelleth in God" (1 John 4:16). In fact, from scriptures, it appears God feels more comfortable aligning Himself with His Love dimension than His power dimension. He makes me realise that LOVE IS SWEETER THAN POWER.

A proof of His abundant love revolves around His sweet mercies. This was what prompted Him to keep pursuing after rebellious mankind. He is the All-powerful One who meekly keeps knocking at the door of the hearts of humans, wanting to have a formidable relationship with us. This is despite the fact that He can do without us, since He is all sufficient. A good explanation to this is this: LOVE IS SWEETER THAN POWER.

God loves you vehemently and He desires an intimate relationship with you to help you fulfil your destiny. It is your destiny to have an intimate righteous relationship with God that is eternal in nature through Jesus Christ. Then you will be empowered with the Holy Spirit to have dominion over creation, and you won't be a slave to anything - including poverty, sickness, satan, hell, sin, curses, etc.

While you have the power of self will, to live your life the way you like and turn against the way of the LORD, please, choose Love today, because it is sweeter. And you see, the law of love goes thus: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' - Jesus (Matthew 22:37‭-‬39)

If we all can embrace God's kind of love, our world will experience heaven on earth.

How can all these become realistic?
The bible says: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Hence, the first step is to embrace Jesus as your LORD and SAVIOUR. You must be determined to forsake anything sinful, and simply pray:

"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."

Eternal life resides in you, and it compells you to love God's way. God bless you.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2023/07/love-is-sweeter-than-power.html?m=1
The appropriate word is GREATER not SWEETER
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by ViktorCash: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2023
Prefer power

1 Like

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by bigdammyj: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2023
Okay.
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2023
I agree but not love for a cocaine sniffing Bola can conquer the inec Select

2 Likes

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Epicji: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2023
Happy Sunday everyone
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Maynman: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2023
Loving god?
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by SeriouslySense(m): 9:42am On Jul 23, 2023
Prefer love. I have always been lowly, do not want power, but understanding.

Anyway, God is all powerful, but what is man or humanity, man is like a plant, alive today, gone tomorrow, humanity is like dust that can be blown away in the wind, humanity is so fragile and weak, yet the almighty God, choose to take the form of man in the person of Jesus and die for our sins, that he should pay the eternal prize for the sins we cannot pay, and he gave the gift of salvation freely to all who believe in him.

You know what? I think this God is awesome.

Even more awesome he will shower his gifts on us, and he will raise us up in the last days, and we are in the last days.

So what is humanity that God should love us. Humanity can be destroyed so quickly if anything in the universe or the environment goes out of order, if the Sun should become hotter, we are gone, if the climate should become unfavorable we are gone, if viruses become deadly we are gone, if fungus should become deadly to us we are gone, if we have organ failure or water goes into the wrong place in the body we are gone, we are so fragile and weak. But God loved us first, that while we were still sinners, he choose to pay our ransom, while we were enemies he choose to save us. Scarcely will a man die for a righteous man, but for the unrighteous man, God choose to pay the prize. Probably, when he was on that cross, he was thinking about all those people he would save, this is why he said it is finished

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Ezedon(m): 9:46am On Jul 23, 2023
You think so @
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by NaijaNaWaa: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2023
Iro... give me power and all the love in the world will be mine. Who love epp?

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Btruth: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2023
Hummm
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Prince500(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2023
Abeg make e use that power help us. How e go dey watch like film d way tinubu just dey mend us. Hu love help. Pastor poor, most members poor yet una papa na King, make una getat. Start facing d reality na those weh sell their soul dey succeed. Those who live with animalistic ruthlessness na dem dey go far. Pastors weh rich no kind at all.

1 Like

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by DrAda(f): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2023
I beg to differ. The very word 'God' connotes a being with immeasurable power. Every other adjective is an added feature
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by SeriouslySense(m): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2023
Give me love, and don't give me power smiley smiley smiley

Let others who need the power get it. smiley

God i need your love, and i need understanding. Amen

Be with us, and let your loving kindness reign. Give me a sound mind and let your grace flow over us, amen.

Take away the spirit of pride and the spirit of covetousness, take away the spirit of bitterness and the spirit of unforgiveness. Thank you for your love on the cross, and for touching my heart, glory to your holy name. smiley smiley smiley Alleluia.

3 Likes

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Opanka44(m): 10:09am On Jul 23, 2023
All this una nonsense. Hypocrites everywhere. Go and show love to your neighbors first and stop this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by TINUBUISMAD: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2023
embarassed
Nonsense love

Love no longer exist in Nigeria

Poverty and hunger has driven love away

No money No love cry

1 Like

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by SeriouslySense(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2023
So he said to them, “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.” But they could not tell the riddle in three days. smiley
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Maynman: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2023
SeriouslySense:
So he said to them, “Out of the eater came something to eat, And out of the strong came something sweet.” But they could not tell the riddle in three days. smiley
The riddle's answer is a reference to an encounter Samson had earlier, where he killed a young lion with his bare hands. When he later returned to the lion's carcass, he found bees had made honey inside it. The "eater" is the lion, and the "something to eat" is the honey. The "strong" refers to Samson himself, and the "something sweet" is again the honey.
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by SeriouslySense(m): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2023
You deserve a reward. Yes it is.

Samson is also a mirror of Jesus Christ himself.

Out of Jesus, comes salvation and eternal Life. And my understanding is so limited so i pray that God give me strength and understanding.
This is the understanding that just came to me.

You are right the Lion represents the Eater, and i think it also represents the Strong. I can say the same for Samson as well, Samson is strong and a Eater. But in this particular instance the honey came from the Lion, so it refers to the Lion.

And Jesus is also the Lion from the tribe of Judah.

I wrote the riddle, because the month of August for this year seem like a special month, and i am not really sure why it is.

Maynman:

The riddle's answer is a reference to an encounter Samson had earlier, where he killed a young lion with his bare hands. When he later returned to the lion's carcass, he found bees had made honey inside it. The "eater" is the lion, and the "something to eat" is the honey. The "strong" refers to Samson himself, and the "something sweet" is again the honey.
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Maynman: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2023
Salvation from what?
What do you mean by eternal life?
Also pray for the over 100 people that die of malaria everyday in Nigeria, most are kids.

SeriouslySense:
You deserve a reward. Yes it is.

Samson is also a mirror of Jesus Christ himself.

Out of Jesus, comes salvation and eternal Life. And my understanding is so limited so i pray that God give me strength and understanding.

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by SeriouslySense(m): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2023
Will be praying for the Children in Nigeria. When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, he paid the prize for our sins, and all we have to do is believe in him and accept his work on the cross, for we are justified by his blood and saved by faith in his blood.

Eternal is literal, he will soon descend from heaven with the voice of the arch angel and the sound of the trumpet, and the dead in Christ will arise first and then we will join them.

But the world will not see him yet, until the great tribulation has occurred, which comes after he takes us away. After the seven years of tribulation, which is Jacobs trouble, then he will come to save the remnant and the whole world will see him.

So i pray for understanding and strength, that i may be wise.

Maynman:
Salvation from what?
What do you mean by eternal life?
Also pray for the over 100 people that die of malaria everyday in Nigeria, most are kids.

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Maynman: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2023
Who did he pay the price to?
People die everyday so I don’t understand how someone is paying for your sins, to who?
Why do you need to believe in him, what does he need it for?
Saved by faith with his blood, what does that mean?

🤣

SeriouslySense:
Will be praying for the Children in Nigeria. When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, he paid the prize for our sins, and all we have to do is believe in him and accept his work on the cross, for we are justified by his blood and saved by faith in his blood.

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by NutritionGuru: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2023
Yes

1 Like

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Spirit247: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2023
Only loving genuinely and truly would eventually bring you into Greatness and Power. Attempting to get Power by deception or force would lead to demotion as seen in Revelation 12:7-9. Ever Pure SPIRIT of I AM THAT I AM opened my Eyes to see that what happened in Heaven in that Chapter was not really a War, rather it was a Test of Love and Loyalty which our Eternal Heavenly FATHER allowed to happen when HE was about to Eternally Elevate and Enthrone the worthy and truly deserving ones among the Spirits in Heaven then.

Persons like David whose Eyes became far more opened to know the CREATOR of Humanity than the Scribes and Pharisees was wowed when he was given a chance to see that the Whole Heaven is just the Seat of I AM THAT I AM, and the whole Earth is just HIS Footstool. HIS Nature is so Superior to that of the Angels that the Scripture says HE Humbles HIMSELF to behold what happens in Heaven and on Earth. HIS Realm is so immeasurably Higher than Heaven, and no Angel has the Capacity to get there because they will simply dematerialize and cease to exist at that Level.

With that said, we now know that what happened in Heaven was in no way a threat to our CREATOR. HE allowed it because it was an Opportunity to Confirm the Angels that Loves HIM more than the Thrones that HE gave them in Heaven. Satan failed woefully because he loved the throne, glamour and power that our CREATOR gave him more, while Michael proved that He loves I AM THAT I AM even more than His own Life. Michael casted Satan from the throne that made him Proud, tied him like a common Criminal and bundled him out of Heaven.

Eventually, our CREATOR The I AM THAT I AM did another Test for all the Spirits in Heaven without them knowing that HE was searching for which of them to Enthrone right beside HIMSELF to Eternally Enjoy same Worship and Praises that HE enjoys. HE first showed them the only Acceptable Way for Humanity to be Reconciled to Divine Ordinance. HE showed them the immeasurable Humiliation, Excruciating Agony, Betrayals and Brutal Crucifixion that any of them that accepts the Reconciliation Challenge would have to go through. The Question was asked in Heaven after Mankind has fallen for Deception of Satan on Earth, "Who shall go for us?"

There was Complete Silence in Heaven for so long because it is very similar to asking a King Humanbeing to Accept being reduced to an ant in order to go into the Kingdom of the thinnest of ants for their Redemption. If your eyes is opened to see an Heavenly Being, you will know that we humans are truly like thinnest ants compared to them.

Being reduced from Heavenly Glory is bad enough, the fact that the ones for which such Heavy Price is to be paid would also Betray you, Brutalize, Spit dirty phlegms on you, Dehumanize you in the most wicked ways possible and then hang you on the Cross stack Naked is completely unacceptable for the Great Spirits in Heaven one of whom our MESSIAH is. I hope you now know that JESUS was crucified Stack Naked on the Cross?! Those pictures that shows his waist area covered is just for decency.

The silence to the Question in Heaven was too long since non of the Spirits in Heaven loved us enough to pay such heavy Price. Seeing us as being more useless and valueless than thiny insects, they can't even understand why Our CREATOR still Loves us so much even after Adam's betrayal. Only JESUS Loves the CREATOR of Heaven and Earth enough to do anything and Everything to Please HIM. Only Him Loves us as much as Our Eternal Heavenly FATHER, so He said "I will go." You know the rest of the Story of how Salvation was secured Mankind.
Today, JESUS seats in Eternal POWER on the Throne at the Right Hand of Our CREATOR receiving same Worship, Praises and Glory being given to I AM THAT I AM, because He has Proven His irreversible Eternal Loyalty to our CREATOR and that He genuinely Loves HIM more than Life, Power, Throne, Glory, etc. What Satan foolishly tried to hijack in Heaven by force is what JESUS got by Proving His irreversible Loyalty and unconditional Love to Our CREATOR. Even the Earth on which Satan is currently holding sway has been Eternally willed to JESUS AHAYHASHA YASHAYA as His Eternal Property and Kingdom. Satan shall soon be bundled out of here too as common Criminal that he is into eternal Lake of Fire along with all that follow him. Please, Accept JESUS Son of Our CREATOR as your Personal LORD and SAVIOR Today, tomorrow may be too late for you. HalleluAHAYAH ASHAR AHAYAH!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle G. D. Numbere Is Dead / The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.