Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police (23818 Views)

Frank Mba Promoted To The Rank Of A Commissioner Of Police (photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Abba Kyari Promoted To Deputy Commissioner Of Police, Becomes Youngest DCP At 43 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2023
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

I was later taken to the office of the commissioner of police for the state.

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

What the man lacked in looks and physique, he made up for it in his head.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.

211 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2023
Now you know better never to judge a book by its cover

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by CodeTemplar: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2023
Such cases is 2 or 3 in a hundred at most.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 9:33am On Jul 27, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Such cases is 2 or 3 in a hundred at most.

For real?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by DevilishMan: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

Give me full details on this.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Antihypocrite: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2023
This is front page worthy. A good news about a commissioner of police

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Antihypocrite: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:

U too like vawulence

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:

Comrade. I was beaten like a common thief. The ipo was saying that until blood comes out from my ears, he won't stop punching my ears except I give up the location of the contractor.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by DevilishMan: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

Comrade. I was beaten like a common thief. The ipo was saying that until blood comes out from my ears, he won't stop punching my ears except I give up the location of the contractor.

Give me the division where this happened.
I need more details of your torture. Don't hold back.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by seborrhic: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2023
You ended up showing how low the Nigerian police is and has been.
That a state police commissioner would have to interrogate you personally for an alleged crime that is even a civil matter,is just so indicting and clownish of the police that I would have dismissed it as one of those fake stories.
Commissioner of police of a state that would be so busy attending to issues from various state commands,police headquarters and state goverment and delegating officers under him to carry out various duties and functions,invites you for interrogation in his office!
Oh my God!
He doesn't even know his job or so poorly trained that he has no idea what the role of a state commissioner of police is!!

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by obiekunie01: 10:48am On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one not-so-SMART heavy looking police man , more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.

look at the modification i did on your post and modify your write-up so it doesn't sound very insulting to the officer.

Please do it right away before it gets to front page.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by HopeSpencer: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people l.

Those who get to this level in police force already had academic degrees before joining the police and some never got to stopping vehicles on the roads.

That's why you will likely find humane persons among top ranks. You see those that spent 30 years in the force before becoming ASP, they have frustrated a lot of road users, arrested passersby in the streets without any offence (I was a victim of this), used their uniforms to harrass those dating their babes etc. If those in these categories become a commissioner, expect armed robbers sending you messages with their full pictures attached.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Isokiscool(m): 11:09am On Jul 27, 2023
Op since u are very civil,educated,smart and more intelligent than those officers u called touts,slowpoke and agberos,when next police recruitment form is out make sure u pick up the form and be a policeman u wish for

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
Isokiscool:
Op since u are very civil,educated,smart and more intelligent than those officers u called touts,slowpoke and agberos,when next police recruitment form is out make sure u pick up the form and be a policeman u wish for

Since you know how to put words together to form a sentence, maybe you should create your own thread and detail your own experiences let others comment.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
seborrhic:
You ended up showing how low the Nigerian police is and has been.
That a state police commissioner would have to interrogate you personally for an alleged crime that is even a civil matter,is just so indicting and clownish of the police that I would have dismissed it as one of those fake stories.
Commissioner of police of a state that would be so busy attending to issues from various state commands,police headquarters and state goverment and delegating officers under him to carry out various duties and functions,invites you for interrogation in his office!
Oh my God!
He doesn't even know his job or so poorly trained that he has no idea what the role of a state commissioner of police is!!

This does not happen every day comrade. I believe it was God cos normally as you have pointed out, the man would be busy on a normal day.

Let me tell you how it happened.

First, the case was handled by the anti kidnapping squad. (can you imagine that. Instead of dealing with kidnapping matters, they are solving debt issue)

The commissioner came to the kidnapping unit for some reasons I do not know. Every one there (about 11 suspects) looked like hardened criminals. I was the only one like a gentleman. (thank God I cut my dreads).

When he saw how innocent I looked, he told the ipo to bring me to his office.

I didn't even know he was the commissioner despite how everyone stood at attention in his presence. I was thinking he was maybe a dpo or something else.

Entering his office was when I realised he was d commissioner. Before I could see his portrait on d wall, one barrister who was there for one of the kidnap suspects came in and called him Mr. Commissioner.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Those who get to this level in police force already had academic degrees before joining the police and some never got to stopping vehicles on the roads.

That's why you will likely find humane persons among top ranks. You see those that spent 30 years in the force before becoming ASP, they have frustrated a lot of road users, arrested passersby in the streets without any offence (I was a victim of this), used their uniforms to harrass those dating their babes etc. If those in these categories become a commissioner, expect armed robbers sending you messages with their full pictures attached.

This man spoke like an educated person. I have never imagined a police officer could be that good (no thanks to nollywood and social media rants).

He told the officers to get me a chair to sit (can u imagine that). He spoke to the barrister for some minutes before attending to me, and all I can say is that the man knows his job. He was even giving instructions to some officers on the fone to respect every suspects rights.

Do you know that as the ipo was taking me to see the commissioner he was threatening me not to tell the man that I was beaten if I was asked.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
obiekunie01:

look at the modification i did on your post and modify your write-up so it doesn't sound very insulting to the officer.

Please do it right away before it gets to front page.

Yes officer

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:

Give me the division where this happened.
I need more details of your torture. Don't hold back.

Hahahaha. Maybe as a human rights activist that you are, you will sue the officer for me right?
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by DevilishMan: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

Hahahaha. Maybe as a human rights activist that you are, you will sue the officer for me right?

Bye, fool.
Stop posting false tales to make FP.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:

Bye, fool.
Stop posting false tales to make FP.

Lol. Stop the name calling and act responsibly. You know I don't owe you any gist. I can give u all the details, but I have to know you are gonna use it to bring me some justice.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Deeprooted: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Klington: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
tongue
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by 3seriez(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Sorry for collecting. grin. Nigeria must give you one way or another cheesy
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by revived2: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by SmartyPants(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
OP nice one..but fiction
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Mrbenny001: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2023
You never settle your case finish...you rush to naira land to post the story...so for your mind you can't be identify.. maybe fake story

16 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by FILEBE(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
Coming to narrate mine
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tooh
I once encountered The NPF PRO of a state too, during my LEGAL BATTLE on DIVORCE. HE is AGILE, physique FIT, & Wisdom filled. He was able to see who the DEMON is, even with the PROWESS of myEX he discovered the truth , with out loss after the Whitish skin n thin tall lady he saw behind me, unlike the Useless DPO at the ESTATE station who ended up Dating her, secured her new house n rent after the Tenancy of apartment (former matrimonial HOME) i absconded from was due, oga no fit pay that amount.. grin

malcom1X:

I would love to hear this story. I hope you're doing well now
Doing very well now, thanks.
Will share this STORY when my Story completes.
3 years marriage was like 30 years.
The 5years hurdle was a SET BACK for me in life.. las las I carried my bag left the country after 2yrs battling Divorce no Justice.
But when God Time reach, tho I was off shore already but got my Justice, now remarried.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by osuofia2(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

You had to insult someone's husband,brother and father to make your point. This shows how sense is far from you. No wonder you were arrested.
Should size be the measurement for intelligence? You contradicted yourself when you said he handled the case professionally. Have you thought about if he were to be athletic features and not give you a fair hearing. Would you rather prefer he been a macho John Cena and give you bad judgement?
You are a big foool

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

His Employer (MD) Sent Him A Link To Apply For Another Job. / Susan Ofume Who Lost Her Right Arm Called To Bar, Shares Inspiring Message / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.