Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,912 members, 7,848,683 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 - Sports (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 (74416 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / AFCON 2021: Rep Of Guinea Vs Malawi (1 - 0) On 10th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by fx45(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Sprints3:
lol. We were lucky it happens in football and life. Sometimes luck just finds you. Naija dey call am grace. Meet Australia again of we no chop 3 -0 call me a bastard.
You'll be surprised we'll beat them if we meet them again in this tournament. Football is like that. There's a reason why the Aussies couldn't find their feet against us. Many said it was because Sam Kerr didn't play... But the girl also didn't play today and they walloped Canada 4-0

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by BankyGee(m): 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
Jaybee3456:

You always find those mugus after match😁 I'll start doing it too grin
I swear 😂 I just bookmark any mumu comment wey catch my attention, then come back after the match 🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by BankyGee(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2023
fx45:
I prefer we play England than Denmark. We're going to win them. They're not good at goal-scoring
You know ball ⚽🤝🏾🇳🇬
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Willybee04: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
I quess we qualify for th next stage ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by purplekayc(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
Abeg how was the game, how was the Nigerian girls performance
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Wotowotoman: 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
CCIA:
Woto woto grin

undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Wotowotoman: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
greggng:
I am in love with that Tony Payne girl

You no see Plumptre
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Wotowotoman: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
donem:
Super Falcons just played like their brothers the super Eagles/Chickens.

As a staunch supporter of Oshoala, she is yet to have a sublime performance, since the commencement of this world cup, even today her performance was nothing to write home about, and she ended up getting a needless yellow card after scoring an error induced goal in our last match.

You no hear say she dey injured
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Wotowotoman: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
Jummate:
Why Plumptre com dey disguise dey play like Maguire before? grin cheesy

Take time o. I no dey use Plumptre play angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Hausa(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
I thought we were dreadful in today's game to be honest. I'm hoping it's because it was the 3rd match and we probably knew we had qualified.

In honesty, we're not as good as advertised.
It seems to me some of the players ignore the need to play as a team and focus more on playing individual football. Individual football is not bad. But you need to be good enough to ignore team play and go individual.

Anyway, we have enough time to work on any issues before the KO stages.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Idiko1: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
excel101:
You are almost right, what about scoring the goals that keeps you in tournaments or competitions?

If the Falcons could master the tree basic skills in football, the goals will come with ease. The silly attitude of "I scored the goal" instead "We won the match", has dogged the Nigerian team in particular and African teams in general.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Idiko1: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Fortune118005:

What volume does it speak bro

Backwardness !!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by greggng: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
Wotowotoman:

You no see Plumptre

Honestly Plumptre is equally an option but I gave it to Payne...thst girl is a power house ...she moves from back to front with high speed...she us even better than your super chicken players ...she plays as if her life depends on it ..rasidat need to up her games..her sharpness is declining ...As for assisat...she is not healthy ...she need to take care of her health ...she is minus one
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by AjaoEstater(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
My country of origin (first home) and my second home (naturalized and two sisters irish-born). Good to see Nigeria move to the next round but we won't go far. Fair play to the Girls in Green achieving their dreams of playing in the World Cup for the first time ever.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nigeriagood(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Sprints3:
lol. We were lucky it happens in football and life. Sometimes luck just finds you. Naija dey call am grace. Meet Australia again of we no chop 3 -0 call me a bastard.
if we meet Australia again,there is no guarantee of them winning if we get our tactics right and yes luck exist but there has to be an effort for luck to happen
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Sprints3: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
fx45:
You'll be surprised we'll beat them if we meet them again in this tournament. Football is like that. There's a reason why the Aussies couldn't find their feet against us. Many said it was because Sam Kerr didn't play... But the girl also didn't play today and they walloped Canada 4-0
nope sam Kerr wey the coach no dey use. No be the reason. Dem go flog us blue black if we meet them again.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by betshopagent(m): 12:48am On Aug 01, 2023
phemmyfour:
We had our worst position at the last AFCON under this coach. From 30th to 40th position under same coach.

What you see at the world cup is sheer luck and naija spirit. The coach added nothing to the team

The team is lucky not to lose to Canada and they almost drew with Australia
You really do not know football.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by betshopagent(m): 1:52am On Aug 01, 2023
Billionaire2:

One-touch catch …. Maybe it’s just me , but I’m always uncomfortable when Irish attack
you clearly did not watch the game. You even blamed KANU who has been playing better than oshoala who has been so selfish with the ball.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by betshopagent(m): 2:17am On Aug 01, 2023
Beverlyjean:

But we cudnt beat Canada... and thanks to the penalty save , we escaped with a draw . We can't always b lucky
make una no dey hype this English team, they ' ve been so average i n this tournament.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by betshopagent(m): 2:20am On Aug 01, 2023
Jummate:
Why Plumptre com dey disguise dey play like Maguire before? grin cheesy
nobody ever comes close to Maguire's level of mediocrity, young man!
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by fx45(m): 6:31am On Aug 01, 2023
Sprints3:
nope sam Kerr wey the coach no dey use. No be the reason. Dem go flog us blue black if we meet them again.
How has their performance been so far? I watched their game against Haiti. Haiti should've won that game if they were more clinical with their finishing. Haiti outplayed them. Chill abeg. Football is not mathematics. England aren't playing the best of football in this tournament

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Sprints3: 6:57am On Aug 01, 2023
fx45:
How has their performance been so far? I watched their game against Haiti. Haiti should've won that game if they were more clinical with their finishing. Haiti outplayed them. Chill abeg. Football is not mathematics. England aren't playing the best of football in this tournament
wetin concern me with England are those ones reliable, I don't even rate them. They are not good even of they manage to beat us which might likely happen becos of stupid our build up play can be at times. They won't make it past quarterfinals. The cup is between the giants who have dominating the female game for long USA, Japan, Sweden, Germany and the host Australia amd netherlands might pull up as suprise and make it to the finals.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by donem: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2023
Wotowotoman:

You no hear say she dey injured
If she is injured, she should be subbed, am yet to see Desire Oparanozie play, we have other hungry strikers ready to prove a point.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by fayomim: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2023
Wotowotoman:

You no see Plumptre

Na Alozie I dey eye
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by kmaster007: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2023
Dey play
pargelenis:
The style of the Falcons reminds me of Greece in the 2004 Euros … defense wins championships cool
(It’s OK to dream)
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by humberjade: 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
PROPHETmichael:

England are not necessarily playing well themselves, they've been struggling to score goals. So expect a boring game

You were saying?! 😅

You see wetin England dey do China? The fact that a team with quality players across board isn't scoring isn't something to bank on. 7-1 lead with 10 minutes to go.

The best bet is for the Super Falcons to shut them out for the first 15mins, then from there, we see what happens. At this juncture, I am just praying against a whitewash. 😁
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by humberjade: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
PROPHETmichael:

England are not necessarily playing well themselves, they've been struggling to score goals. So expect a boring game

You were saying?! 😅

You see wetin England dey do China? The fact that a team with quality players across board isn't scoring isn't something to bank on. 6-1 lead with about 10 minutes to go.

The best bet is for the Super Falcons to shut them out for the first 15mins, then from there, we see what happens. At this juncture, I am just praying against a whitewash. 😁
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by o42austino(m): 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
SirL0neWolf:

Bro come show me love na cry
Lol...I done spend am I no see this reply on time
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
humberjade:

You were saying?! 😅

You see wetin England dey do China? The fact that a team with quality players across board isn't scoring isn't something to bank on. 6-1 lead with about 10 minutes to go.

Make una wait for Monday... very bad mindset.. you can't even believe in your own.. people like you are always felling inferior.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Portugal Vs Spain: The Moment Ronaldo Scored Free-Kick Goal To Tie At 3:3 / Isaac Promise Is Dead! Former Nigerian Captain Dies / Daniella Okocha, Jay-Jay Okocha's Daughter Is All Grown Up (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.