Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director (20274 Views)

Zenith Bank Names Adaora Umeoji As New GMD/CEO / Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director / Q3 2019 Results: Zenith Bank Re-affirms Market Dominance And Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Wotowotoman: 6:27am On Jul 29, 2023
galantjoe:
Congratulations to her, and other people who were witch hunted by wicked policy of CBN championed by vendettist Emefiele

I’m tempted to call you an idiot but I will try my best not to. Hope you know that Emefiele worked in that bank and that Jim is the one controlling every damn thing. I really feel like giving you a hot konk on that your bald head angry
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Agunesinjaweola: 6:33am On Jul 29, 2023
Senioradvocate:
cheesy

Beautiful Igbo woman
tongue
Beautiful Igbo woman for Igbo Amaka Bank ! You will not see any other tribes on top in Zenith bank except you're truly Biafran!
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Edonnaa: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2023
Backpedal:

Huh

The first account she brought as a banker was Julius Berger... She became a bank manager within 5 years of banking..

She is from a powerful family, the husband (Dr. Emma) is lowkey positioning to be Anambra next governor after Soludo

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by kolexy(m): 7:09am On Jul 29, 2023
KomonSense:
This woman must really be powerful ...

I heard she was supposed to be the CBN governor

And not Emefiele

How? This same Ada Youth Corper😊
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by kolexy(m): 7:10am On Jul 29, 2023
lexy2014:

You know her...Ada of Zenith.

I heard she brought Julius Berger account to Zenith. Na only she know she take de get all those accounts

Your head dey there. Please all those people shouting beauty and brain.
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by kolexy(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2023
LastProphet:

Was working in Lagos then - 2002, no be today. Is why I knew Emefiele will be the worst CBN governor ever because I knew him then as Jim Ovia's handbag

You really get info. Emewiele is nothing but a dumbass yes-man.
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by galantjoe(m): 7:14am On Jul 29, 2023
Wotowotoman:

I’m tempted to call you an idiot but I will try my best not to. Hope you know that Emefiele worked in that bank and that Jim is the one controlling every damn thing. I really feel like giving you a hot konk on that your bald head angry

Mugu like you is likened as ofeke amaghị mgbe ekele nku ukwa.

Why disengaging her and reappointing her within a space of 3 months if not that the new CBN gov reversed the wicked and vindictive policy of Emefiele
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by advanceDNA: 7:17am On Jul 29, 2023
Yankee101:
The corper that became DMD
Women dey suffer to climb sha
The things she went thru

Dont do that..... the Adaora is not ur every day chic.... na well connected rich man pikin from time...

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by djon78(m): 7:20am On Jul 29, 2023
KomonSense:
This woman must really be powerful ...

I heard she was supposed to be the CBN governor

And not Emefiele

She is Oga Jim right hand person
Very dependable and hard working

May later become Zenith Bank MD

She and Emefiele are Oga Jim top and most trusted loyalists

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by djon78(m): 7:25am On Jul 29, 2023
Edonnaa:

The first account she brought as a banker was Julius Berger... She became a bank manager within 5 years of banking..

She is from a powerful family, the husband (Dr. Emma) is lowkey positioning to be Anambra next governor after Soludo

Die that Anambra State governor matter

Soludo never sure for him second tenure
You come dey call this Man

Anambra State na very tough state

Ask soludo what it took him to become governor

Dr Ada is very powerful
But her Power no reach Anambra State level

She is still a toddler when it comes to Anambra State powers that be

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by lexy2014: 7:33am On Jul 29, 2023
nedekid:

You sabi well.
Folks just see the glamor, but don't know how far.
God help any man that had, has such chicks as wives. Most will have enough stories to write ten 2000 page books.
If you know you know. cool

She isn't married

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Qoko: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2023
Kobicove:
Congratulations to her!

I always had a strong suspicion that she was the target of that sneaky CBN law which was hurriedly put together to remove some senior bank execs undecided
You got us there, CBN policy was formulated by former Zenith bank staff and targeting at the very good woman, you cannot know this woman better until you ask the junior and contract staff in Zenith more questions

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by SleekyP(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2023
lexy2014:

No be only. Na world bank governor.

She was a victim of one Emefieles policies that automatically sacked bank EDs and MDs.

Emefiele is now at the other end of the stick so road don clear for her

Over the years, she brought a lot of juicy accounts to zenith like Julius Berger hence her meteoric rise to her present position
Confirmer smiley
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by nedekid: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2023
planetx:
What #15 million will afford you in Nigeria monthly, $17k is not even close to scratching the surface so they are not the same.
Ha, at that level, it may be more expensive for her sef. The higher your level the more your taste.
Do you know people live on the island and pay rent in dollars? Flats for $100k, 150k, 200k etc.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/12/davido-reportedly-moves-out-of-his-banana-island-mansion-property-put-up-for-rent/

What about the cost of eg vehicles, you pay here in Nigeria twice the price an American or british pays for a car.
Restaurant nko, I asure you the kind of places she visits for relaxation is just as expensive as anywhere in new york, Paris or London.
Things such as airline tickets are more expensive on the naija route.
Ofcourse, you are right too, cost of domestic staff, drivers, cooks may be cheaper than you pay in the US. But don't be suppriesed she has a cook earning over 600k or foreign housekeeper earning in fx.
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by SMEpromote: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2023
Edonnaa:

I hear say na she marry, and na she still dey marry that her medical doctor husband whom she married and wedded at an advanced age of plus/minus 40 years that year.

She has always been like the unofficial 2nd in command at Zenith way back even when Ovia was still the MD. She was in charge of Abuja and oversaw the entire northern operations of the bank.

The only reason she wasn't elevated to this DMD position much more earlier, like over a decade ago, was due to not meeting the CBN rule of number years of experience.

I heard she was once promoted to one very senior position at a time during the Jim Ovia era, but the CBN did not approve the promotion because she did not meet CBN's laid down criteria to hold such position.

But beyond banking, she don use her influence and resources to really elevate her people. Her brother became the local government chairman in her local government, another became a member of House of reps. One also ran for governorship of Anambra state but was not successful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by OkorobiaOwerre(m): 8:49am On Jul 29, 2023
POWER!
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by henrimoto(m): 8:58am On Jul 29, 2023
iyatrustee:
Adaora was a big name in Abuja that year, new bankers like us wanted to be like her but our muscle no reach!

She grew quickly through the ranks, she may one day head Zenith Bank.
Definitely! She will head the bank some day. ...The reason for her re-appointment.
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Yankee101: 9:00am On Jul 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

Dont do that..... the Adaora is not ur every day chic.... na well connected rich man pikin from time...

How much do you know of Adora?
You know how she take climb fast for banking?
Rich for how much?
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by iammolise(m): 9:05am On Jul 29, 2023
Flight90:
If you hear, beauty and brain...😍
where is the beauty

However I partially agree, her wealth would be beautiful and she's not bursty... Would make a sweet milf and sugar mom tongue
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Kobicove(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2023
Qoko:

You got us there, CBN policy was formulated by former Zenith bank staff and targeting at the very good woman, you cannot know this woman better until you ask the junior and contract staff in Zenith more questions

As a person who has worked in senior management in a multinational company before I know for a fact that it is not possible for you to be liked by all staff of the company especially if you try to implement policies which plug 'leakages' in the company.

If the woman is as bad as you claim then I see no reason why Zenith Bank or the CBN should not dismiss her outrightly instead of using a sneaky CBN policy undecided

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:11am On Jul 29, 2023
This woman clashed with emefielee and zenith almost went down.
emefiele is not qualified banker,he was an insurance teacher,not CIBN,not EVEN AN economist angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by advanceDNA: 9:13am On Jul 29, 2023
Yankee101:

How much do you know of Adora?
You know how she take climb fast for banking?
Rich for how much?

No be pricķ give am those huge accounts..... na pple wey her folks know.... she got them easily
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Yankee101: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2023
advanceDNA:

No be pricķ give am those huge accounts..... na pple wey her folks know.... she got them easily

If you know her…
1.Gimme the year she was a Corper
2. Gimme the CBN gov name that year
3. Gimme average banking years/age to become DMD or even ED in Nigeria

Then we go start to wash pant for outside
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by sunsweet33: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2023
oyeb15:
The bank has go down lately. Branches closed, ussd not working, customer care not going, internet transfer not working etc.

Their branch in Enugu always looks very dusty and stupid. How can access bank that doesn’t even make sense be looking more presentable than Zenith Hmm.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by nedekid: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2023
Rolings:

The banking industry is notorious for this......and the bankers don't care so long as it translates to profits.
My guy had to divorce his wife after finding out that his wife's rise in the bank is tied to her warming the bed of the branch manager.
So sad what these capitalist entities will turn People's daughters to
You really sabi.
One fellow I did business with those days had a huge bingarlow in the gra. Inside the same house a room was his office. Once this mature married woman lady shows, apparently his bank manager, 10 minutes is spent in the office and 1 hour in the bedroom. Same bank as this lady in the topic.
I don't know about now, but those days 99% of all the females were oloshos.
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by lexy2014: 10:35am On Jul 29, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
This woman clashed with emefielee and zenith almost went down.
emefiele is not qualified banker,he was an insurance teacher,not CIBN,not EVEN AN economist angry

What makes a person a "qualified banker" in Nigeria? Is Adaora a "qualified banker"?

How is emefiele not a "qualified banker"?
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by obyno82: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2023
Hotfreeze:

You sef hear that gist

It was actually Paul Ogwuma the former CBN governor.
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by vicfajeze: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2023
Majesty33:
What a beautiful woman she is!
abi make i give u her cellphone number?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by owolabi5: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2023
Car Papers
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by Arielle: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2023
LastProphet:

She was knacking the MD of Julius berger as a corner and was bringing unbelievable accounts to zenith until ovia made her a senior mgr and director without knowing what to do with such a female magician. Pussy goes father than brain in Nigerian banking

I see you really know her story.
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by AngelicBeing: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
lexy2014:

You know her...Ada of Zenith.

I heard she brought Julius Berger account to Zenith. Na only she know how she take de get all those accounts
"You heard"? Heard From who / whom?
Did Julius beger gave you this information? shocked
Re: Zenith Bank Re-Appoints Dame Adaora Umeoji As Deputy Managing Director by AngelicBeing: 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2023
lexy2014:

What makes a person a "qualified banker" in Nigeria? Is Adaora a "qualified banker"?

How is emefiele not a "qualified banker"?
A qualified banker will not introduce a policy decision that will impoverish the masses, he ought to have weighed the pro's and cons of all the economic decisions he took with his illiterate president from Katsina, offer good economic advice to his kunu president on good macro economic policies that will alleviate the sufferings of the masses rather than that, he was busy hobnobbing with cabal egg heads, via buying and selling dollars via black market, currency change, and several abracadabra Oluwole economic policies etc and now he is in the cage suffering from his crime alone angry

Answers to all your barricade of questions to me above

cc:: lexy2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Profitable Is Bakery Business? / Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity / How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.