Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup (50953 Views)

Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That / Pedro Rodriguez, The First Player To Win The 5 Top Trophies In World Football / Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by obuburam: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kenmatt:
That was why they lost six zero.

A whopping figures, six unreplied zero.

How could She been able to see very well when She covered up her entire face in the name of religion.
Read to understand. She didn't play in the game they lost but played in the one they won just this morning.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by chatinent: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
Good morals and attitude go beyond clothing.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by bigtt76(f): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
Exactly and they would be campaigning against politics in football angry The lady, her other team mates did not cover their head, is she more religious than them all? angry

DaveHarry:
FIFA just need to ban this act that I s about to become the latest women's football trend. It's nonsense to bring religion into football
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Anny69: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
Westerhoffe:

First one is purdah.

Second one is burqah
I know the first one, but I didn't know the name. shocked That second one I don't know, never seen it before.

Thank you.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by JobAndVacancies: 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:

Where did Islam forbid women from social gathering or activities ??

stop showcasing your stupidity on this thread.
Idiot
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Westerhoffe(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
Anny69:
I know the first one, but I didn't know the name. shocked That second one I don't know, never seen it before.

Thank you.

Now you do.
cool

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by adams123: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
zeuss:
If she is married, she should have coverd her face as well.

Face is not compulsory. Kudos to her for upholding to the rope of Islam within her capacity

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by asanausana91: 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:
Morocco defender Nouhaila Benzina has made history by becoming the first player to wear a hijab at a World Cup.

The 25-year-old wore the Islamic headscarf as she made her first appearance at the tournament in her side's 1-0 win over South Korea.

The wearing of head coverings for religious reasons was authorised by Fifa in 2014.

Morocco are one of eight teams making their debut at this summer's Women's World Cup.

Benzina, who plays her club football in Morocco, is the first player to wear a hijab at a senior women's international tournament.

She was an unused substitute during her country's opening game against Germany, which they lost 6-0.
but why did she wear short
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Mountbatten: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Not bad

Are you a bot? What's with the β€œDamnnn niggar” you make before every comment?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by carlos1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
She is protesting Davido's music. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by aksule(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bending backwards to accommodate religious issues is what is emboldened the fanatics among moslems to misbehave. Football and other sports that need free movement of the body are not compulsory for moslem women and if need be they should boycott them on religious ground.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by YourGFsnatcher: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Starboytwo:
To what end really?

In the near future, they will advocate for skirts.

Just watch.

Someone said once Muslims reach 30% in any country they begin to cause problems

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
zeuss:
If she is married, she should have coverd her face as well.
Wetin consign you?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Someone said once Muslims reach 30% in any country they begin to cause problems

He is well known Statisticfoolsian from Nigeria for Nigeriafools.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
aksule:
Bending backwards to accommodate religious issues is what is emboldened the fanatics among moslems to misbehave. Football and other sports that need free movement of the body are not compulsory for moslem women and if need be they should boycott them on religious ground.
Carry placards and go to FIFA headquarters or use CAN to justify your nonsense.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Safyqueen: 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jeshurun90:
angry

What most people don't understand about those Islamic faithfuls is their subtle way of dominating.

As time goes on, they will clamour for another weird thing. Gradually, they take over the world of football and they establish their Islamic rules to govern the football.

Just like the way the christainic or do I say the moronic, devilish and LGBT rights are governing the football now.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by bayplus: 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
DaveHarry:
FIFA just need to ban this act that I s about to become the latest women's football trend. It's nonsense to bring religion into football

E be like say the thing fey pain you.

πŸ‘€
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
bigtt76:
Exactly and they would be campaigning against politics in football angry The lady, her other team mates did not cover their head, is she more religious than them all? angry

Capital and emphatical YES.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by ireke(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
doggedfighter:
Did she score ?

They will soon ask to be allowed to wear long hijabs grin

At this point, I will say let her wear anything she likes. If someone that does not identify as a woman can be allowed on the pitch, then why would a woman be denied the opportunity to participate just because she doesn't dress like everyone else? Let her express herself as long as her dressing does not infringe on or jeopardize the ability of others to bring on their best game.

PS - I'm not a Muslim. I'm just trying to rationalize the whole shenanigan of inclusiveness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by soullove1881(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
Quelme:
That doesn't change the fact that she's a terrorist in disguise.

Tell me how you are better as individuals and as also as a country than Morocco.

If northerners are your yardstick to measure Islam, then you need to comot from your hood
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
chatinent:
Good morals and attitude go beyond clothing.
That is why some churches should allow half naked dressed female worshippers.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by doggedfighter(f): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
ireke:

At this point, I will say let her wear anything she likes. If someone that does not identify as a woman can be allowed on the pitch, then why would a woman be denied the opportunity to participate just because she doesn't dress like everyone else? Let her express herself as long as her dressing does not infringe on or jeopardize the ability of others to bring on their best game.

PS - I'm not a Muslim. I'm just trying to rationalize the whole shenanigan of inclusiveness.

I agree with with. Thanks for being civil.

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
Donchieli:
If she was that religious and true to her religion and religious beliefs, then she should not even be on the field in the first place

Hypocrisy

Now, she is on the field, who are you, as ignorant of Islamic knowlrdge, to judge?
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Harlarty01:
she ought to have put on skirt as well...
It pains you? You forgot to add veil.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by Quodseverismete: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2023
I thought they said football game is haram
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2023
Khafsun:

Lol. But when people are naked you don't come to post that medically it's wrong as they are exposed to cold. Just say you hate the sight of hijab like everyone else, nobody go beat you
Thank you my brother, Christians and Stupid Argument on Islam is just like monkey and banana, inseparable!

1 Like

Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by gaskiyamagana: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Starboytwo:
To what end really?

In the near future, they will advocate for skirts.

Just watch.
Wailing in advance.
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by DaveHarry(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
bayplus:

E be like say the thing fey pain you.

πŸ‘€
Y e go pain me. I've been a football fan since 2000, so won't accept anything that will tarnish this beautiful game. Wearing hijab during football game is total nonsense
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by DaveHarry(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
asanausana91:
but why did she wear short
D matter tire pesin
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by iswallker(m): 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
Truthday:
Great and amazing

Clothing and covering unclothedness is the natural instincts of man. Earliest human covered themselves with leaves and animals skin. Honor should be given to the real humans who adhere to humanistic behavior

Muslim women are the most beautiful 😍❀️ and honored dressed. As against the naked civilization we live in

Beautiful Muslim women πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

They will hide a bomb in that flowing dress and caused untold havoc on the pitch one day - this i have seen😁
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by XTRIMIOUS: 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
Re: Nouhaila Benzina Becomes First Player To Wear Hijab At World Cup by goldmatrix(m): 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
That's not complete. How about her face and eyes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Footballers With Funny Names / Mikel Obi Pictured Cycling With His Family As They Vacation In Maldives / Kingsley Okechukwu Ogbodo Donates Football, Jerseys To Enugu Rangers. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.